Myrmidon's Sloth XIX or XX? from patch

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Myca775, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Myca775 Journeyman

It said
    "Created a recipe to make Myrmidon's Sloth XIX with Torment of Velious components"

I can already make XIX , was this a typo and suppose to be XX?
  2. Riou EQResource

Believe it is the same effect just using newer ToV components so you don't have to go back and farm old stuff
  3. Szilent Augur

the +stats potion does the same thing
  4. Myca775 Journeyman

Guess theres something new about recipe cause Quellious' Trauma XIX and Myrmidon's XIX both use the same materials with exception of course of Muscimol or Oleander, Quell XX same thing, so I figured Myrmidon's XIX (using ToV materials) would be the same as Quell's but doesn't work
  5. Myca775 Journeyman

If they added the recipe why couldn't they just add a XX? wouldn't that have been easier?

Common sense in this world is dwindling fast.

Recipe should be:
    Oleander Extract (in this case Velium Laced)
    Poison Vial (Velium Laced)
    Emulsifier
    Suffusing Suspension Fluid

Even if it does make XIX but the formula should remain the same.
  6. Riou EQResource

iirc Ngreth said the effect line is at its max power (and he doesn't want to needlessly bloat items due to performance), so players requested being able to make it with newer components and that was the solution to it
    Aanuvane likes this.
  7. Myca775 Journeyman

That is fine but my problem with it is that the recipe has been consistent since the start and now using velium materials to make the same XIX is a different recipe ? should stay consistent like my previous post and just using Velium Laced Oleander/Poison Vial but rest of materials are the same like they've always been.
  8. Poyzen Frawg Augur

I'm going to pipe in on this for a moment. I saw his post about this and its just mind blowing that there are classes who can slow a MOB for 70% for the entire fight and we can't get a 1% upgrade to a poison proc based slow? I could keep on ranting with more examples of this kind of tunnel vision but I digress. Imagine how terrible it would be for rogues if the new community manager did not say rogues were his favorite class.
  9. Myca775 Journeyman

In my experience over the years that I noticed we rogues hardly complain , it's the whining classes that get what they want and/or devs favor those classes.

I've hit 1mil dps with no bard in group, but do I care if I get beat on parse on raid even though im usually in the top 5? nope cause we still are the only class that is restricted to one side of the mob to do our best dps, while the boss can literally be spinning in circles and every other nonrogue class can maintain their same dps.
    If MT can't hold agro we lose dps, if other players cant control their agro we lose dps

i don't want an easy class to play, that's why i chose Rogue i like the challenge, i don't want everything handed to me like other classes i won't mention and if they EVER remove the back restriction so we can do max dps from every side i'll quit the game.

i will never play a class that i can simply hit attack and watch Netflix and still make parse no matter what side of the mob is facing me, isn't that why they removed Enraged? cause too many players just wanted to hit attack and watch a movie or youtube without worry?
  10. Aanuvane Augur

Ngreth declined to create a Myrmidon's Sloth XX with the same exact effect as Myrmidon's Sloth XIX since he said he couldn't increase the effect again and instead gave us a new recipe to make Myrmidon's Sloth XIX.

The two recipes for Myrmidon's Sloth XIX are:

Make Poison Components: Distilled Grade AA Oleander Extract, Emulsifier, Sculptured Poison Vial, Suffusing Suspension Fluid
    In: Mortar and Pestle, Marble Mortar and Pestle, Collapsible Mortar and Pestle, Poisoncrafting Table (Placeable), Poisoncrafting Table, Guild Poisoncrafting Table

Make Poison Components: Emulsifier, Suffusing Suspension Fluid, Velium Laced Oleander Extract, Velium Laced Poison Vial
    In: Marble Mortar and Pestle, Collapsible Mortar and Pestle, Poisoncrafting Table (Placeable), Poisoncrafting Table, Guild Poisoncrafting Table

Notes: EQRecipeID: 23729
    Learned as: Myrmidon's Sloth XIX (ToV)

I confirmed the second recipe works after the patch.

They both use Emulsifer and they both use Suffusing Suspension Fluid. They both use Oleander extract and a poison vial, but the new recipe is using the ToV "Velium Laced" components. What am I missing regarding your question about "same components"?
  11. Myca775 Journeyman

[quote="

Make Poison Components: Emulsifier, Suffusing Suspension Fluid, Velium Laced Oleander Extract, Velium Laced Poison Vial

In: Marble Mortar and Pestle, Collapsible Mortar and Pestle, Poisoncrafting Table (Placeable), Poisoncrafting Table, Guild Poisoncrafting Table

I confirmed the second recipe works after the patch.

They both use Emulsifer and they both use Suffusing Suspension Fluid. They both use Oleander extract and a poison vial, but the new recipe is using the ToV "Velium Laced" components. What am I missing regarding your question about "same components"?[/quote]

Every recipe up til now has always been the same:
    1 Extract, 1 Poison Vial, always 1 Emulsifier and 1 Suffusing (that's what i meant about same components the emuls and suffusing, only thing that needed to change was Extract/Vial Grade

and i just tried this now:
    Emulsifier, Suffusing Suspension Fluid, Velium Laced Oleander Extract, Velium Laced Poison Vial and still gives me the message
    "You cannot combine these items in this container type!"

I am using my Coffin Poison Bottle and just tried the Guild Poisoncrafting Table and take a guess what happened? so how did you "confirm recipe" after patch?

is this similar to that bug in previous expansion where even though the material said Desiccated Delphinium/Privit but there was actually 2 different types internally and couldn't combine all of them? was a bug they had to address, but i am using the exact recipe above you mentioned and it is NOT working.
  12. Aanuvane Augur

I logged in my Rogue, found the vendors that sold the velium laced poison vials and then did the combine.

I just pulled the learned recipe up in my coffin bottle though and I DO now see that it's actually calling for Thick Suspension Fluid instead of the the Suffusing - I'll submit a bug request :)
  13. Myca775 Journeyman

Thank you! just tried and that worked, it has always been Suffusing so i knew i wasn't going crazy!
    Aanuvane likes this.