Graphics changes since patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Evye, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Evye Augur

Has anyone noticed any graphics changes since the last patch?

I have noticed two in TOV:
    Wurms in GD look a lot more neat.
    In Velks the area near the orcs and the columns now looks less plain. It has a tree and maybe even a new mob there.
    Moege likes this.
  2. Evye Augur

Maybe I'm the only one who noticed lol.
  3. Mr. Froo Developer

There was a small texture update for the graphics engine, so it's possible there is more detail in these areas now.
    Jhenna_BB and OldCa61 like this.
  4. Evye Augur

Thanks Mr. Froo I knew I wasn't crazy!
    Koryu and OldCa61 like this.
  5. Jalelorf Augur

Did your mother have you tested as well?
  6. Cloud the Third Augur

I turn off graphics and just have solid colors display.
  7. Windance Augur

Mr. Foo - I would love to see some texture changes to other ToV / GMM areas where large portions of the area like the kael arena are BRIGHT WHITE. To the point where you have to change the default color of the emotes in order to read which person the AOW wants to duck during the Icebound Avatar mission.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Might want to try adjusting your gamma settings.
  9. Dewhead Journeyman

Last patch broke Windowed Gamma settings again (changing the slider has no effect, even with the advanced option checked).
  10. Mr. Froo Developer

I know what he's talking about though and it's on my wish list. Though Gamma does definitely exacerbate the issue.
    Yinla and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  11. Mr. Froo Developer

Post in the bugs channel and I'll take a look when I can, though I didn't touch that section for the update.
    Nennius, OldCa61 and Dewhead like this.
  12. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I play in Windowed mode and just tested my Gamma bar, it's working properly for me.
  13. Windance Augur

The issue is a lack of contrast. Go take a look at ice in EW and even the ice there is a high grey but there is enough contrast to still be able to see white text.

Using the gamma scales the 'brightness' of the entire client up or down. If you have white on white you still end up with white.

I think part of the issue with both Kael and GMM is how much the lighting is boosting the texture colors. Its like the ambient lighting is too high. For extra fun try playing any of the new zones with "advanced lighting on".
  14. Windance Augur

Working fine for me as well.
  15. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Gamma slider works fine for me too.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Reason I suggested changing gamma was I don't have any issues of things being too bright but I usually have my gamma way down because I like darker richer colours. I know a lot of folks turn up gamma for visibility during night or in darker areas.

I don't generally play with advanced lighting on though. I'll try it if I can remember to :)
  17. Celephane Augur

This wasn't broken by an EQ patch, it was broken by the Windows 1903 (I think that's the one) patch. Gamma has be adjusted in Windows now. I have no clue how this will get fixed
  18. CazRaX Elder

1909 is the newest one and yep, it is broken. I don't have ToV and haven't gone to bright zones recently so never noticed it.
  19. Zamiam Augur

ya my gamma slider works just fine . with the advanced box checked i can slide bar as much or as little as i want
  20. Evye Augur

Mine doesn't work
    on an AMD card if that matters