How about today?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by topple, Feb 7, 2020.

1. PVPme Augur

Another person posting on these forums that has no idea what he's talking about. Shocker.

The world first 60 spent majority of his time grinding mobs to get max level. Dungeon grinding mobs is also another very popular way of leveling, much faster then just questing.
    Brunlin likes this.
  2. Stagentti Augur

You play WoW Classic? I don't think you have.

Questing is absurdly faster. Go look up all the speed leveling guides. Nearly all of them are questing. Joanna is one of the most respected and well known and all her guides are questing.

The first to 60 are doing very specific cleave groups which are well coordinated and not what people are doing on the regular to level quickly.

Dungeon grinding while leveling is for gear not speed. It's also not the best idea because you lose out on faction gained from quests.

You saying dungeon grinding is faster is hilarious and just shows you've never played WoW Classic.
  3. Baulkin Augur

Any chance we can just get an email notification when the next TLP is announced? Honestly the procrastinating is a little frustrating...but I'm going to play it anyway. I'd prefer not to have to check the EQ website/forums daily until you let the cat out of the bag.
    wade_watts likes this.
  4. PVPme Augur

I don't need to look up some dated "speed leveling guide" to know the fastest way to level since I literally play the game and have multiple max level toons.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about but bravo for convincing yourself that you know something about a game you clearly don't play, or in the very off chance a game you don't play well.

Grinding mobs is 100% viable and even required to a degree since you can't solely rely on quest to reach max level. Don't forget its also the fastest way to reach max level.
  5. Stagentti Augur

Lol dated? They're new guides created specifically for WoW Classic.

You're just wrong. I brought that up to reinforce that you're wrong and people who do it and are well known for it also know you're wrong.

Grinding mobs is 100% viable. Never said it wasn't. It isn't faster than questing though which is the whole discussion.

You can rely on quests to max level except for maybe an hour of mob grinding for some of the 45+ levels. You can easily get to 90% in level through even just the most convenient quests, let alone closer doing the more inefficient ones. That is drastically different than solely grinding mobs to reach max level.

Keep throwing out general comments when you're called out each time. Then claiming you know more.
  6. PVPme Augur

So the world first and fastest player to reach level 60 didn't grind mobs exlcusively? Must of been a figment of my imagination.
    You mentioned Joanna speed run from 2006. Not the best resource to go off of since the new record cut off nearly 24 hours off that record.
  7. Brawl Elder

This is very cringeworthy... and Pvpme is correct.. The fastest way to lvl in wow classic is via AoE grinding, not questing.
    PVPme likes this.
  8. Angered Augur

I think its kinda funny that people want a PVP TLP! I mean those who actually want this let me ask you...... How in the bleep is that fair to the masses who want a FV TLP! WE FLAT OUT AND LET ME MAKE THIS VERY CLEAR TO YOU PVPERS WE OUT NUMBER YOU BY THE MASSES! WHY ON EARTH WOULD THEY GIVE US A PVP TLP OVER A FREE TRADE / FV! I mean honestly do you PVPers think this is even a sane idea? The last few TLPs have been rehashes and some have flat out bombed! if Darkpaw wants Phinny money they will do a FV / Free Trade! I have been playing since 2001ish The only time i saw PVP was when a Melee would kill another melee because they didnt have a gate pot / no wizards. FACTS = FACTS if the new TLP is a FV/Free Trade they make more money then they did with Phinny. THE LOT OF US ARE NOT SITTING AROUND GOING GEE I WANT A PVP SERVER WERE SITTING FROTHING FOR A FV / FREE TRADE SERVER WITH INSANE FAST EXP!! ALSO TODAY?
  9. Moforyguy12345 Augur

I think the masses vary on exactly what they want. FV loot is nice but SUPER fast exp is not something that sounds appealing. I also think they haven't don't think FV has been done because starting a new TLP every year is profitable and FV loot rule would make a lot of people stay on that server longer. They like that fresh TLP money boost at the start of the year.
    PVPme likes this.
  10. ECrack Augur

Cool story bro.
  11. Dulu Augur

Its not phone errors. Its the fact you typed a giant wall of rambling incoherent garbage. You typed two full blocks of run-on sentences.

I can’t even follow your logic.
  12. curious2 Lorekeeper

FV loot rules would just cause awful RMT. it's an unfortunate consequence or it might be a nice change.
    FV = BAD, PVP = BAD, starting at 85 = BAD, other stuff = debatable (pros and cons)
  13. dreamweaver Community Manager

No, not today Wesley.
    Fraggly and Dominate like this.
  14. Vexn Elder

This month at least?
  15. Angered Augur

You mean a factual story! OH did i burst your little PVP bubble? PVP ROFL

I personally do not give a damn about classic-pop i never really raided classic-luclin and i will say doing it on Phinny was FUN! But i can honestly say after a few TLPs leveling and AAing its 100% Awful! Slow exp for what??? If all your doing is playing classic-pop thats fine its w/e! I raided GOD-TSS in ERA and my guild fell apart in TSS just like on phinny we broke up after DODH then merged with another and again we made it just past TSS! I am not here for the CHARM PET EXPing which looks nerfed! I am not here for AOE Killing in Luclin then the Melee Quest EXP groups in OOW! I am here for a FV / Free Trade rule set! that is that THE MAJORITY WANTS! Raiding / Farming gear and playing with the people we have met over the last 20 years EVERYTHING ELSE = WHO CARES / DOESNT MATTER IE PVP!
  16. dreamweaver Community Manager

For an announcement? That is still my plan.
    Brunlin, Fraggly and ECrack like this.
  17. Misaligned Augur

[IMG]

I'm not sure what the point of repeatedly teasing this is. I'd suggest it's better to just make an announcement if you have one, rather than announce you're going to make an announcement at some undisclosed point in the future. What purpose does that serve other than dragging on threads like these and stoking wild speculation? Is that the intent?
    Fraggly likes this.
  18. dreamweaver Community Manager

Stated before, I don't have an announcement yet. Thewiz and others want to keep asking and that is fine, but the answer is still the same. I hope to have news to share before the end of the month.

If there was an announcement ready to share, I would have done it already.
    Brawl, Fraggly, ECrack and 1 other person like this.
  19. Shiba Journeyman

Angered, never change bro!
  20. ECrack Augur

Cool story bro.