Diamondized Precious Velium Ore (type 19 aug raid drop)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kontra, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Bahdah Augur

Mezzable for sure, I pull this instance/zone np
  2. Whulfgar Augur

Which mez's exactly ?
  3. Axxius Augur

I use Deceive and Deceiving Stare. With Arcane Disjunction aura so that it doesn't get resisted. Every single trash mob in there is mezzable. Pacification also works.

Also, evac (or IVU to the start of the maze) and pull from that side. You will mostly get 2-3 pulls. Pathing there is designed to have the mobs run towards the start of the maze. When you aggro something from the other (well) side, they run away and bring more friends. But when you pull from the start of the maze (evac point) then they just run to you.
    Szilent and Whulfgar like this.
  4. Whulfgar Augur

This is why you simplify it bro.

Run down the the fall down trap area ..

Its always 100% clear there ..

From this spot I pull that entire hallway. Flash, then CC them suckers in the corner, then break root per mob I am killing ..

Well I've not tried to mez since prior to last patch. So .. maby I should try it again. Til then I will simply use Shaman's Punt root 5 min .. as default.
  5. Bederper Journeyman

Hi,

So I just used a Draft of the Craftsman to make all my Rallos Zek's Type 18s and Type 19s. I failed on the Rallos Zek Devotee's Ventral Defense but didn't recover the Diamondized Ore while the potion was still active. I thought the Draft gives you 100% salvage.

That potion is 2500DBC ... /petition time ?
    Whulfgar and kizant like this.
  6. Mesil Lorekeeper

The same happened to me yesterday, had potion running, failed the combine, and lost the Diamondized Precious Velium Ore, did write a petition.
  7. Moege Augur

So that means the combine is hardcoded for a certain fail percentage /gags
    Axxius, Daedly and Yinla like this.
  8. feeltheburn Augur

I miss my chanter....
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  9. Natal Augur

No, it is a high chance of returning the items, but they can be lost.
  10. Jondalar Augur

100% is pretty high.
    Yinla, svann and Axxius like this.
  11. feeltheburn Augur

DBG all about the fails in TS ....like failing a combine with just a 198 trivial maxxed fletching and having to farm more Marrows that they had the brilliance of making no trade. but for peoples spending the money on a no fail potion is just criminal of them. Love it.
  12. Bederper Journeyman

[IMG]

When I bought and used the draft, it was an insurance policy against bad luck, when i claimed on the insurance (coz I failed), I find what was advertised and sold, to be different from what was delivered.

The weasel words in the item description are different from those when you are parting with the $$$$.

Truly sucky.
  13. Cloud the Third Augur

I would ask for a refund or take them to court. You could easily just go to your credit card and ask for a refund because what they gave you is not what they said they were going to.
  14. Mesil Lorekeeper

My petition was declined.

Reasons:
    The Draught of the Craftsman only increases your chance to salvage tradeskill components by 100%. It does not guarantee a 100% salvage of items. For example if a character's chance to salvage a tradeskill item is only 20%, it will increase that percentage by 100%.

My char has max AA/jewelery 350 etc.

They should write that in the description of the Draught of the Craftsman - I would have never bought the potion if it was not 100% salvage.
  15. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Whoever told you that is 100% wrong. The item description says it gives 100% chance, not increases by 100%. You should either be refunded because it's bugged, or because their wording is completely inaccurate and false.

No one in their right mind would spend $25 for an increased chance to not fail.
    Whulfgar, Axxius, Daedly and 2 others like this.
  16. svann Augur

True, and if Im reading Ngreths posts correctly in this case it doesnt help at all. That is, it is really 0% increased chance to return that component.
    Yinla and enclee like this.
  17. enclee Augur

Feels like a pretty good scam, where you can post that it’s faulty interpretation by the customer and not faulty implementation.
  18. ShadowMan Augur

I would not accept that answer. Send them a picture of the in game description which clearly states "This gives you 100% chance to salvage components from failed tradeskill attempts." They painted themselves into a corner with it not working properly for some combines. The intent was to ease failure normally but it negates the draught entirely and for those that paid the $25 for it thats just not right.

These combines should return the ore every time without the draught considering how rare they are.
  19. Ravanta Suffer Augur

DP:
    "Reacquire the items through gameplay."

Player:
    "Good luck reacquiring another $25 from me."
  20. Moege Augur

Someone explain the difference to me, my brain refuses to accept that 100% salvage is not return all components.

100% chance =/= 100% returned /confused

Oh yeah its not there is that hardcoded % chance to outright fail it... daughtsman potion = worthless