Xp In mearatas Heavily Reduced?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Lidwen Elf Stalker, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Lidwen Elf Stalker Journeyman

So I farm Tov and I like to go back to old Haunts.. AA xp all things being equal a Mob in GD @ 112 seems to give near 70% of a AA level per Kill. A Mob The Same level 112 with Similar Hit points In Mearatas gives 25% of An AA? 1 expansion back and in a keyed Zone... Same level same HP indoor keyed Zone and it gives very Little XP?

Is the Mearatas XP Multiplier Bugged?. This Seems Strange for AA xp. on 2 Equal level Equal HP Mobs to be so different.
    BonkinGoblin29 likes this.
  2. Zataos Journeyman

the mobs in mearatas half less then half the hps then tov trash
  3. Lidwen Elf Stalker Journeyman

Not true.. They have The same HP nearly, And actually After checking around all of TBL provides Next to NO xp.. its amazingly harsh how low the xp given is 20%to 25%
  4. Windance Augur

I think its a pretty standard scaling issue based on the mob con.

At 110 the mobs are going to have high con which made the give good XP. Once you hit about 112-113 they slide down into the blue con and aren't worth as much.
  5. Cloud the Third Augur

This isn't a bug this is the way it always works.
  6. Axxius Augur

To confirm or disprove this report, you need to go to Mearatas on a lv 110 character and compare the xp to what it was before the ToV release. Otherwise you are comparing apples and oranges.
    Nennius, Yinla and Sancus like this.
  7. Lidwen Elf Stalker Journeyman

Scaling Issue Okay Let me be a Bit more clear.. @ 115 a Kodiak in GD that is level 112 Same con has almost the same HP as a Armor in Mearatas and is the same Level 112. And one provides 70% or more XP of AA per KILL The Other 25% of a AA.

Both The Mobs are Level 112. Mearatas Mobs have Very Similar HP to GD t1 tov mobs.
    Both seem to be around 18 Million or so. in that area maybe with a variance of 1 million or so.
    A Fire warden 112 Blue con 18 Mil HP - 25% of an AA per kill
    Not sure what XP mods aside from Indoor Zone. Should apply
    A Roaming Kodiak 112 Blue Con 20 Mil hp - 67% of a AA per kill.
    Live Mob - Animal Not a Undead

Not saying the warden should give Identical XP> but its in a Indoor Zone so should have that Modifier.. as well as its a Keyed At the end of a Entire Expansion zone. typically You would see xp not bad. even @ the new level cap. given how Simmilar they are
  8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

TBL is a level 110 expansion. Every time the level cap goes up, expansions prior are purposely reduced in exp.

Has been this way since TDS and level 105, where RoF exp was nerfed to 25% of what it should be based off level at 105. This was eventually eased to a reduction to 75%. Possible that has varied with level 110 and 115 release though.

Without knowing the baseline exp in the zone with a 110 versus a 110 in the ToV zone (the reduction is only as you level), can't say if its just that or if its also a ZEM issue.
  9. Lidwen Elf Stalker Journeyman

all of which i could understand if TOV had better zone options P:) gd/ew for t1 as rygorr and cc have not much in way of camp space and quality and t2 is kael/tofs/velks and TOFS has all sorts of fun mobs warping thru floors etc.. making it unfun.
  10. Hitty Augur

Thats the way how to sell an expansion. Kick old expansions functionality in parts, nerf crucial things which are present in the latest xpac, cut down XP then customers have to move and buy the new one. This was always the same for years. If somebody comes later then around 2-3 months then he gets the slap in da face. Even the so-called bugs like permaspawns of named are not really an emergency reason to correct except they would happen in an old part of the game which would prevent buying the latest xpac. Everybody who is there in the first months get the bonus and seeing that pattern over the last years I would dare to say - this is intended. A nice economical way to fill the cassa.

I made a powerlevel round for my baby enchanter in Fortress Mechanotus btw. with the new level 115 features and was surprised how slow this was. I have the slight notion that nerfing XP was not only a matter for TBL and it had some side effects in older parts of the game. I will measure that in the future a bit more accurant to be 100% sure.
  11. Riou EQResource

The easiest way atm to see if EXP reduction is in place is if both toons are the same level and you are over the 4k or whatever AA bonuses, if your puller receives about 50% more AA per kill then it is in place for that zone