How to Report Mercenary Names?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Bilbo Backpackens, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Bilbo Backpackens Journeyman

Title. There are some pretty awful ones.

Tried hitting P in game for the petition page, but after logging in, it wants me to verify my email address through Steam, PSN, XBox, or Switch, none of which I own/use. So that's pretty useless. I mean, I guess I can make an account with one. Just seems odd that a 19 year old account needs to be verified by making a fake one somewhere else.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

I usually go to Everquest.com and go to the support page to petition. I have no way of knowing if that will work for you though. You can log in on that page to verify your e-mail address also if I remember correctly. Worth a shot perhaps.
  3. Derd Augur

/report. Assuming you can get the merc casting messages onyour chat window.
  4. xxGriff Augur

Just log in to EQ official using the account name and pw, then submit a ticket/petition. iirc there are drop downs for "community standards" and enter the names. I do not know how effective it will be or if any action(s) would be taken but, the need to verify is simply security for your account. you do not have to create as you say "fake" account. those are simply options for people who do use Steam/XBox etc. if you had an account with any of the other sites then it is a simple task, if not your Everquest/Char Account is fine.
  5. Bilbo Backpackens Journeyman

It's the same as opening the petition in-game. It prompts me to log in, and when I do, it tells me I have to use one of those services to log in. Thanks for the suggestion though, was definitely worth trying.

I don't get this system for email authentication. I mean, what's wrong with a simple "click a link in an email" system?

I hadn't thought of that. Don't know if /reports are only checked for written text, or if they'll actually look at mercenary cast lines and names. Worth a shot though. I'll try for the ones I can see casting, but unfortunately a lot of them I see with their AFK owners in the Guild Lobby on passive.
  6. Bilbo Backpackens Journeyman

The Support page automatically forwards my browser to the authentication page after logging in, and the only options are the four I listed. Manually making the browser go back to the Support page after logging in still forwards me to the authentication options. And there is no option to create a ticket while logged out (at least that I can see). I guess thank you for the suggestion, but it didn't add anything that I didn't mention already trying.
  7. xxGriff Augur

lol, sorry to have not provided everything u wanted.... I guess o_O
  8. Bilbo Backpackens Journeyman

Don't get me wrong, I am appreciative for the attempt at helping. I meant no disrespect. Maybe I'm reading you wrong, but sorry that my response upset you.
  9. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Why don't you just hide merc names and go about your day?
    Conq and EQfun like this.
  10. Bilbo Backpackens Journeyman

I appreciate the suggestion, but the names don't personally offend me. It's more of a "wanting to do my part" thing. I would assume (perhaps incorrectly, tbh) that DBG wouldn't want people violating their naming policy.

Perhaps I'm being naive on this. In the distant past I was a low-level GM on a MUD, and appreciated reports on things like this.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  11. Flatchy Court Jester

OK you can name your mercs now? I missed that one. I mean I have named pets and familiars but what do you use to name the mercs? Take pity on my im only a troll. I do promise I will pick a real nice name for it so as not to upset the OP any further.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

In the marketplace

Potion of Mercenary Amnesia
    Flatchy likes this.
  13. Flatchy Court Jester

Right on thank you very much. I hope Mr. Poopypants is not already taken!
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Try changing your browser because I don't think you are seeing the whole page. When I go to the support page and try to sign in it says has a spot for Username and Password and click on I am not a robot. Below that it says OR you can sign in using Steam Xbox PSN or Switch.

It sounds like something is happening that is preventing you from seeing the top portion.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I wonder if this is what has happened to all those other people with the same issue about support wanting them to sign in with Steam etc. they just need to ctrl scroll mouse - would be great if you found the fix!
  16. Bilbo Backpackens Journeyman

I think I am seeing the whole page though. I see what you see, then AFTER that, I see the verify screen.

Here is what it looks like when it asks me to log in:
    [IMG]

And here is what I get redirected to after that, or if I try to go back to the support page after logging in:
    [IMG]

So yeah, my 19 year old account wants me to verify through services I don't use. I'll just make a Steam account. I might buy something there some day.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I think you just have to log into your daybreak account and I think there is a verify email option to click in the email section then you would be good to go.
    CrazyLarth and Yinla like this.