Mage fun to play anymore?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zuchero, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Vumad Cape Wearer

The mage pet jumps in the moment the key finishes. My point was that the pet will do its own thing once assigned. I was directing that towards the OP who I believe said he was playing MAG / BRD.

I think you are vastly under utilizing your enchanter. The ENC can vastly out perform the druid on pulls. Any white cons can be pacified. You can glance a single mob in a group of 2 or 3 yellow cons. In larger groups you can use the AE glance and just mez everything right off rip. Just be careful not to aggro the clockworks.

Your DPS seems about right I guess. I can see your group doing about 200k DPS which is 13 minutes. I would be curious if you improved your pulling if you could switch out your tank merc for an earth pet and offset the decreased pet DPS with a better merc. Unfortunately at 110 the wizard merc is only around 30k DPS and the rogue merc will out aggro the mage pet.
  2. Trick New Member

That is just sweet.
  3. Cicelee Augur

Magicians used to be fun to play. But over the past several expansions, we have been nerfed so much that our usefulness is no longer apparent.

Take last night, for instance. I went into Velk's lab with my merc healer. I went to the spider area and pulled a spider on the ramps. Well that spider pathed and brought with it 9 other mobs, one of which was that named mob. . All nine rushed my merc and it died instantaneously. So I casted FBO and Fortify and Host on pet, casted Host of Elements and RS on the adds, and was able to dispatch of all nine spiders in 25 seconds.

So discouraging. If anything, magicians need to be boosted. Am I supposed to be impressed with nine Velks lab spiders in 25 seconds solo? I expect more from this class to make it fun. Right now the only thing I feel I am good for is mod rods on raids.

Now give magicians the tools to solo 15 Velks lab spiders in 22 seconds, and then we can start talking about "fun"...
    Keella and Tucoh like this.
  4. Whulfgar Augur

Learn the class by sending in game tells to better players in class.

Follow that up .. by actually READING what your spells an AA's can do .. (you would be surprised at how many don't do this)

Follow both of those up with AA grinding until you have everything.

Then go out an play.
  5. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

For the record, Cicelee has forgotten the first rule about mages, and also uses sarcasm as a sharp tool, lol.

Mage pets are strong right now, but our overall dps is a little neutered, but yes, we're still a fun class to play.
    Marquele likes this.
  6. Borm_of_fv Apprentice

I’m going to be honest, most of your posts are as cut and paste as those annoying “Hello, this is Becky from card services” spam calls. We all get it, you have read everything and mastered all, now we inferiors are pestering you. Maybe ignore topics where people as asking for information and stick to topics that center on nerfing non- Uber play.

I’ll now return to trying to “get gud”
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Vumad and Keella like this.
  7. Whulfgar Augur

And.. yet again..

You would be surprised how many people do not actually read and learn what their aa do..
  8. Whulfgar Augur

So awesome .. that you fear .. to post this type of way under your real account name.

You mysterious attacker you ..

We laughin bruh..
  9. Borm_of_fv Apprentice

Ummmmm. I’m Borm from FV and my cunningly anonymous account is borm_of_fv. Perhaps my NSA level of indirection was too much for you?
  10. Whulfgar Augur

Guess thats why I never heard of ya before. You are dismissed whom ever you are.
  11. Borm_of_fv Apprentice

My fragile psyche may never recover from the devastating brutal discovery that the great and mighty Whulfgar, defender of the ubers, mockery of the casuals, most decorated forumquest warrior in the history of internet message boards, does not know my name.

I bow and scrape as I exit your most fatuous presence
  12. Whulfgar Augur

It clearly hasent..
  13. Zuchero Journeyman

Actually i have many troubles behind me ...Thanks for all the good advices ...i've read you all and use it.
    It feels great when you are a little discouraged to feel such a nice community. For a couple that were wondering ..i am boxing and pulling with pet. It helps not being summoned snared by some ToV trash mobs . I know i said that but maybe not clearly. I went raiding and didnt win a mubis item to turn into em27 yet but its coming. In the worst case ill have 209 token some day soon to buy it.
    (Vumad) i Also have a DPS problem...its normal after about 6 yrs out. All im doing now is getting Fortify maxed then frenzied. Actually im just wondering what pushes the mob ...today in vleks i had few spiders going under floor but i was lucky not train me or anyone else..What pushes in mage spells? any idea?