Fixed Internally Raid Main Assist setting stops working after that player zones

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Skuz, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Bug - Assist Raid Main assist stops working after the player zones, the player set as MA will target something without a target ring & /assist raid doesn't work after that MA player changes zones.

Workaround: unassign & reassign Raid Main Assist after that player enters the zone, every time.
    Miena, FubarEQ, Ssdar and 60 others like this.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

MS had the same issues as well today.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Same issue on AB last night. Moved from GD to TOFS and although I was still marked as Main Assist there was no ring and /assist raid no longer worked
  4. minimind The Village Idiot

Saw this on Luclin on our Saturday night raid. Our standard MA had to be re-designated multiple times throughout the night.
  5. Allayna Augur

MA also resets on changing the raid leader. Which is lame.
  6. niente Developer

I tried but can't reproduce either of these, let me know if you have more details.

MA bug:
    1. Invite multiple players to a raid
    2. set one to MA
    3. MA targets something
    4. MA kills self and is rezzed, changes zones
    5. MA targets something -> still appears as MA 1 target on ETW
    6. MA returns to original zone -> still appears in ETW
    Changing RL:
    1. Invite multiple players to a raid
    2. Set MA, target something
    3. Raid leader passes leadership to someone else
    4. MA changes targets, still updates on ETW
  7. Karhar Dream Crusher

Its reset on us 5 times tonight.
  8. Karhar Dream Crusher

Ive noticed its been the ring itself updates for some, but not others.
  9. niente Developer

Stuff that would be helpful:
    - server name
    - MA's name
    - RL's name
    - Date/time, timezone of raid when errors were happening (a range is fine)
    - What zone(s) the MA and raid leader are/were in/zoning to/from
  10. Nilwean Elder

Server name: Povar
    MA's name: Axxius
    RL's name: Nilweanx
    Date/time, timezone of raid when errors were happening (a range is fine): Monday Feb 17, around 20:46 EST
    What zone(s) the MA and raid leader are/were in/zoning to/from: from EW raid (The Eastern Wastes 29429), to static The Great Divide, to GD raid (The Great Divide 29726)
  11. Karhar Dream Crusher

Server Name: Erollisi Marr
    MA's Name: Raste
    RL's Name: Bikmer
    Date/Time: CST

[Tue Feb 18 20:04:03 2020] Raste has been delegated Raid Main Assist.
    [Tue Feb 18 20:40:27 2020] Raste is no longer delegated Raid Main Assist.
    [Tue Feb 18 20:40:28 2020] Raste has been delegated Raid Main Assist.
    [Tue Feb 18 21:07:17 2020] Raste is no longer delegated Raid Main Assist.
    [Tue Feb 18 21:07:18 2020] Raste has been delegated Raid Main Assist.
    [Tue Feb 18 21:42:36 2020] Raste is no longer delegated Raid Main Assist.
    [Tue Feb 18 21:42:53 2020] Raste has been delegated Raid Main Assist.
    [Tue Feb 18 22:12:02 2020] Raste has been delegated Raid Main Assist.

Raid leader went LD.

Zone: First one was GD, rest TOFS
  12. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

No, that wasn't our issue (well at least one of the issues … Allayna mentioned the other).

The issue is when the raid moves to a new zone … not the MA only changing zones. And I'm not sure what our MA saw, but the rest of us who were not MA lost who was MA in the new zone. I use raid assist 1 target and raid assist 1 on my EXT and they would be empty until the RI reset the MA in the new zone.
    Allayna and Nilwean like this.
  13. Bigstomp Augur

Changing RL: step 4. /assist main

This has been a many years bug when changing raid leader, the old MA is still marked as assist in the raid window but /assist main type commands stop working.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

Separate but similar bug.
    If 2 mobs (griklor, bethany) are marked with mark npc. If you die and get a rez, your marks are gone.

The raid still has them marked, but you cannot see the special mark circles on them.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

To repoduce
    1. Set MA as normal
    2. MA LDs or zones
    3. Zone back to raid
    4. Everyone shouts at the MA for not targetting something. :)

It seems the raid tool forgets settings for an MA that zones, we are still marked as MA in the raid tool but no one can /assist raid or any other kind of /assist raid and there is no white MA circle around the mob the MA is targetting until the raid assist is reset.

Work around is /assist Yinla :) for us anyway.
  16. Conq Augur

Raid assist has needed to be reset every time raid leader zones for as long as I can remember managing the raid window. Recently, it's worse and have to reset if the actual assigned MA zones for any reason.
    Conq
    adetia likes this.
  17. Greymantle Augur

As well raid assist has to be reset every time if the event resets. Happened to us last night every time on the Rathe. Raid TOFS1
  18. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Not only does raid assist no longer work when you change raid leaders, but so does Master Looter. This issue has been there for years.

A new raid leader must remove MA from player that the raid tool says is MA and reassign it to them (or someone else). The same with Master Looter.

Easy to reproduce, just set MA and ML, then make someone else the raid leader.
    Allayna and Conq like this.
  19. Bigstomp Augur

Basically raid tool and associated things have been buggy for years. I remember asking for fixes directly to devs at fan-faires sessions. Those bugs still exist.

I think the only reason it's not a huge issue is there aren't many who lead raids consistently and they've learned via tribal knowledge to work around broken things.
    Allayna likes this.
  20. Nniki Augur

I tried it Sunday when I saw this post and again tonight to verify. It's also happened every time the MA has zoned during raids this week.

Here's a test scenario that's worked every time for me:
    1. Player A and Player B begin in the Guild Lobby. Neither are in a group.
    2. Player A raid invites Player B.
    3. Player B accepts raid invite. Raid is formed.
    4. Player A (raid leader) assigns Player B the raid main assist role.
    5. Player B targets NPC A (Guardian Jasmina).
      NPC A receives the main assist target ring on both Player A and Player B.
    6. Player A is able to /assist raid to target NPC A.
    7. Player B zones into Plane of Knowledge.
      NPC A can still be targeted via /assist raid (assuming a variable gets set and doesn't clear until role is re/unassigned)
    8. Player B zones back into the Guild Lobby.
      Player B is still labeled as raid main assist in Raid Window.
    9. Player B targets NPC B (Guardian Mandavar).
      NPC B does not receive the main assist target ring on either Player A or Player B .
      NPC A retains the main assist target ring on both Player A and Player B and can still be targeted via /assist raid
    10. NPC A (not NPC B) is targeted by both Player A and Player B when using /assist raid.
    As far as roles being lost upon raid leader changing, that's always been a thing afaik. The topic came up years ago, and we were told it was due to how the system was designed (everything syncs thru raid leader or something?).
    Allayna, Zinth, niente and 2 others like this.