GamParse 2.0.0.x Beta

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Jan 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daredilly Master

Works fine for me. I double check some items with other parser and my own program and see no issue.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If it doesn't work you should provide the information about what is not working so that it can be fixed.
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

.98 has 1 line of code changed from .97. It was meant as a fix for pet's not linking after they changed the tell message, but I made a mistake with it and pet's still have issues in .98. Aside from that there isn't a difference from .97 and they should work just the same.

On that note, there are a few other versions floating around (a few different versions of .99 and then .101 up to .103) but these are all more like an alpha state and really not intended for people to use. They have a LOT of changes both in code and in the redesigned UI and were intended only to test specific things and not for general use as many things are half finished.

I've been working a lot the last couple weeks trying to get it into a polished state for you guys to test all the new things. I don't have an ETA as yet, but I AM working on it.
    Skuz, Krool, Raccoo and 1 other person like this.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Thanks Beimeith.
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

Appreciate everything you have done on this. GamParse has changed some of my gameplay for the better. Not only the DPS, but for instance my log file gets big and I can't open it and GamParse will find what I need to update my Gina.

One request though, could you could make the bundled updater work? I'd really super duper appreciate that.
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

One addition that I think would be nice would be to show the time of death for each encounter. So on the left in the fight navigator it shows Fight # - Opponent - Time of Death?

I know this isn't a request thread I was just thinking that's a useful piece of information that might be worth displaying to keep track of respawns etc.
  7. Littletroll Journeyman

Gampars not picking up when people use glyphs now. New version of them due to 115 lvl.
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

That's been fixed.
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It's been added
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Feel free to discuss all that in another thread and not attempt to hijack mine, thanks.
  11. PatchinBB New Member

Beimeith, you are awesome, for doing all this incredible work. Sincerely mean that.

I have recently begun using your parser for comparative healing during raids, on my cleric, and do have a request though, if it's at all possible.

I was wondering about if there would be a (relatively) fast way to compute an Actual Heal average for heals, by spell, by caster.

For example, I would like to know what each heal's actual average heal average is, per number of actual casts.

What I would like is to be able to compare fast cast, but low base heal value spells versus slow cast, high base value heal spells, per event/mob. I.E. Graceful Remedy versus Dire Renewal to see if Actual Heal average is worth the significantly longer cast time.

Currently what I am doing is looking in healing tab, click my cleric's name on the left, then on the right, click on each player name to see what the actual heal total is for that spell, on them.
    Then add those totals, to get the total actual heal values for that spell.

Then, divide by total number of casts of that spell, cannot use the total in the 'count' column, because the healing tab only counts heals that had an Actual Heal value of at least 1 hp. But, the reality is usually more than double that, for each heal spell that is actually cast, and lands for 0 actual healed.

For example, Sincere Remedy the other night in ToFS 1, I cast 430 times.

But, total 'count' in healing tab, adding up all toons, was only 206. It does not 'count' when the actual heal value is 0, because I understand, nothing is posted to logs, when actual heal value is 0, unfortunately. Just that it was cast.

And trying to do this for each cleric, to get a good 'average' actual hp healed per spell, is quite tedious.

If there was any way to set up a tab or column or something, comparing actual heal values by spell, it would be awesome :)

If there is some way to see this now, that I don't see, please let me know. I'm just now starting to use gamparse for checking healing stuff.
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Thanks

Calculating average heal is easy enough, but it wouldn't be based on actual casts, but on the count. (I'll explain more below).

That is probably not the best way to go about it, honestly.

A better way would be to compare the overhealing by dividing AH by FH. This tells you how "efficient" your heal is, that is, what % of the FH value you are actually getting as your AH value. This is already included as a column for the next update.

Essentially, if your slow/big heals are resulting in a much lower efficiency rating, you should probably switch to faster/smaller heals because more of the larger heals are getting wasted.

This isn't a GamParse problem, this is a "Your EQ settings are bad problem." EQ absolutely reports 0 heals if you have it set to, and GamParse counts them.

Under Options > Chat > Heals (You) make sure you have this set to "Show" and NOT "nonzero only."

The reason why "Count" is used instead of the cast count in the Spells tab is because of things like Twincast and AE heals.

GamParse doesn't count a Twincasted spell as a "cast" under the Spells tab. E.g., if you cast a spell 10 times and Twincast it 5 times, it shows as 10 casts, not 15. This is on purpose. I do intend to add an extra column for Twincasts at some point, but it isn't as big an issue since there is a twincast count in the DD/DoT breakdowns. (I suppose I can add one to Heal breakdown too).

Likewise, if you cast an AE heal that hits 54 people, that still only counts as 1 cast on the Spells tab, but on the healing tabs it will show a Count of 54. Again, this is on purpose:

Consider if you cast an AE heal that hit 50 people for 5,000 each. GamParse would report the AH value for that spell would be 250,000. You wouldn't want to divide that by 1 cast, you'd want to divide it by 50 to get the average heal as 5000. (This doesn't apply in your situation since you are looking at heal from a single spell on a single player, but you get my point).

Twincast skews the numbers even more since a twinheal has a greater chance of having an AH value of 0 since the first heal can fully heal the tank before the Twinheal lands.

You'd have to explain exactly what you mean. "Actual Heal values" is literally called "Actual Heal" in GamParse.
  13. TheDesthin New Member

It looks like activated discs are not being shown under the spells & discs tab, for my own casts or others.

I'll provide more specific examples if necessary.
    As a side note I wonder if getting taunt added in there would be a possibility.

Thanks as always for you're hard work Beimeith.
  14. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Both are already fixed for the update.
  15. ClubersMS New Member

My combined parses compared to other folks im my guild come out shorter on seemingly every event. For instance my combined event parse of around 800 seconds would come out to a little over 900 seconds on everyone elses combined parses. My all night parse that comes out around 4000 seconds would average a little under 5000 seconds on everyone elses parse total for the night. Any idea what might cause this? Thanks!
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Could be a couple things. Do you have any filters turned off? Have you changed the timeout setting? Are you standing in the same place?
    ClubersMS likes this.
  17. ClubersMS New Member

The timeout settings are still set to default (5). We are all constantly moving around but the event lengths are consistent on other members parses. They are all around the same length but mine are a lot shorter. I only parse myself. Like in game filters? Some sort of damage setting turned off in game filters?
  18. ClubersMS New Member

19. Beimeith Lord of the Game

That's not the timeout I was referring to, I should have been more specific.

On the Settings > Advanced page, what time is set to end fights? The default is 30 seconds (that is changing to 24 soon but for now it's 30).

Also, what is the minimum damage setting? The default is 100,000 (that is changing to 1,000,000 soon).

If you change either of those settings it will affect how and when fights are calculated. It's really not recommended for you to change them (especially the first one) unless you know what you're doing.

Yes, in game filters matter. If you set EQ to only show YOUR damage it is going to affect overall fight times because it's not seeing all the damage from other people and thus not starting/ending the fight at the correct time.
  20. PatchinBB New Member

Beimeith, you rock.

I had no idea default setting for the show heals was nonzero only, completely my problem. I was frustrated that it wasn't showing when heals landed for zero, and having to make those calculations myself, into average actual heals. This is going to make it a whole lot easier.

I do wonder why you state that the efficiency of the heal is what I should be concerned with though...

That is definitely not what I'm after, personally, and isn't what I would think most healers would be concerned with. Just like with DPS casters, efficiency of the spell isn't what the concern is, most of the time. Just the DPS of it. Healers, it's HP per second, IMO.

I believe overall average actual heal divided by (cast + recast) is what I'm after, to compare heal spells.

1 recent raid event, for me:

Sincere Remedy (14,289 base heal) averaged 30,680 average actual heal, 103,740 full heal.

Merciful Remedy (11,783 base heal) averaged 28,367 average actual heal, 75,627 full heal.

Merciful Remedy is quite a bit more 'efficient' than Sincere Remedy, using AH divided by FH. But I'm still not willing to give up 2.3k average hp per heal, for same cast time heal.

I don't see where any healer would, honestly, and think adding that as a column in gamparse may mislead some, to use more 'efficient' heals.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.