Old content?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Kobos, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Kobos New Member

Hey all I’m just getting back into EQ. Looking to check out some older content I thought this would be a good idea to get me up to speed on playing my toons again. I have a 110 SK, Druid, Shaman to play. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks
  2. Evast Lorekeeper

Are those box toons, or separate?

Regardless, at 110, you can look into the Empires of Kunark, Ring of Scale, and The Burning Lands zones to get a feel for the game again.

EoK was 105, RoS and TBL were 110 xpacs. The latest xpac Torment of Velious upped the max level to 115.

But EoK and RoS should be a good place to start - at least get back into rotation/disc/AA uses. Then start in on the TBL progression quests (merc/partisans) for decent xp and a fair amount of AA

I just came back myself, and this is my plan at the very least :)
  3. Vumad Cape Wearer

Since VP in RoS is a locked zone, I'd suggest starting with RoS progression. However, the KorZok in RoS do cast an AE that is very harsh which is only blocked by Essence of the Dragon obtain from EoK progression. As a result, you might ultimately need to finish EoK before you finish RoS.

TBL is much harder than RoS and you will struggle to find people wanting to do the smoke trials, but everything is locked so the progression is worth doing.

You can also go back further and do TBM progression. I think TDS is unlocked now. And doing Achievements such as hunter anywhere can be enjoyable.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Try Gnome Memorial Mountain, it is the free zone that came with last years anniversary content and has stuck around. It is easier than most other 110 zones.