Is this game still very much active?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by ChristyAnn, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Zanarnar Augur

Well, you likely do most of your damage through auto-attack; so when your fighting something (assuming your a melee focused character, not a caster or priest) you'll want that turned on and be facing the target and close enough to hit it.

Its important to note that Auto-Attack only swings your weapon (or weapons if your able to dual-wield). Most classes have additional abilities you can use during combat, skills like Kick, Bash, and Slam, or various combat useful spells to help you kill things. You'll mostly need to activate those yourself. (at level 61, melee classes can /autoskill some abilities like Kick so they don't have to keep pushing them over and over; however its only a few skills that can be /autoskill 'd (type the command in game to see a list of your abilities that it will work with)

Good luck and keep coming back here or asking in-game if you have questions! Folks are generally helpful (though as noted, there are some jerks)
  2. Brunlin Augur

Yes if you play on the latest TLP(Time locked Progression). There maybe another one coming soon so watch out for the announcement. Which i expect will happen in a week or two. On a TLP there will be lots of players and groups. I have played on all of them at launch and we get lots of new blood, more than people realize. You do have to be subbed to play on one though, as they are not free to play. It is very much worth it though as this is a good spot for mmos to be in ....Not to hard , but not to easy either.....EQ is very much a social game, the more you put in by finding a guild with a good discord community,the more you will get out of it.
  3. Vumad Cape Wearer

The game is doing well still but populations can be very low on live servers in the low levels. On the up side there are no disadvantages to playing free with extra accounts before level 55, and you can probably play 3-box completely free until level 85 without much issue.

If you start and you have a hard time finding a group, try this...

A) molo - a main with a merc helper
    or
    B) Pick a main and sub it. If that main is a tank, use a J5 cleric. If it is not a tank, pick a J5 warrior.
    Box 2 other character for free that can support your main using the apprentice mercs as appropriate.

At level 85, you can group with L115 and catch up very quickly.

If you are willing to drop the coin, you can heroic to 85, but I think giving one of the 2 above suggestions a try first would be best as you can get a little feel for the game. L5 is very forgiving and L85 is not.

The game will feel empty, but once you have a sub you can join the general chat channel and start meeting people. Some of those people might make donations or play alts with you (but don't expect it). Download the Brewall maps and once you find your way to PoK you will see people running around and it will feel a little richer.

Or play on a progression server.
  4. Evast Lorekeeper

Currently installing EQ myself and looking to make a return after years as well. Glad to see things haven't died off.

Time to figure out how many accounts and how many classes I really had and see about focusing in on one until I get the hang of it again
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Welcome back