Shall I toss the towel?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Peter_The_great, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Vumad Cape Wearer

This is a logical argument however if you are getting one-rounded in Eastern Wastes by anything as a paladin something is seriously wrong. My Mage pet with autogrant AA and only 3 ranks above autogrant in fortification with EM21 can tank EW with 2 clerics. My warrior merc tanked loremaster in great divide with no issues with 2 clerics. My rogue merc can tank trash giants in Kael with 3 clerics.

I play a raid ENC, a strong group cleric and a group mage. None of them are getting 1-rounded by anything except the mage could to a named. 2-rounds, maybe, but never one.

If you are in fact getting 1-rounded by named in EW, then twinheal will not fix that, but something is seriously wrong with your character or how you are playing it if such is the case. I don't play a paladin so I can't tell you how to fix your problem, but I do play a cleric and if anything is one-rounding you in T1 ToV, named or not, something is wrong and its not the game.
    Quatr likes this.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I am saying they are an expert.

The fact remains that you posed a problem statement. Someone offered advice on how to address your problem. You question it, ultimately casting the advice aside based on your own failings alone.

I, personally, get the sense you are here to complain and not looking for advice at all. Which is fine. Just please don't pretend to be looking for advice.
    Quatr, Nennius and Shanarias like this.
  3. Paradisic_parasite Elder

ToV is the current expansion. Even though it is an easy expansion, to play in it you need to be up to speed. You're not up to speed. Go play in older expansions until you have beefed up your aas and gear. Or get carried through ToV by friends. How you play the game is up to you, if you don't enjoy the game you shouldn't play it.
    Caell, Quatr and Nennius like this.
  4. Moege Augur

You get 500 daybreak cash each month. Unlocking hero forge could be done after subscribing for 3 months. If you have some patience.
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

First of all, you making the choice to purchase something that provides not strength benefit in game is a choice you made. It is in no way shape or form a scam. Don't come here to a group of dedicated players and whine you got exactly what you paid for.

Second you get 500 DBC a month with you Sub. I have a lot of stuff from DBC that I have accrued over the course of my sub from the DBC and I have paid no money beyond my sub. The fact that you combined al-a-carte purchases with your subscription because you didn't want to wait 3 months for it to be free is absolute non-sense.
  6. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

I see this said 1000x's a day and frankly its not all peaches and cream like most people make it. 99 out of 100 times when you join a guild, even if you are active everyday and LFG daily they forget about you in 15 minutes and move back to their little cliques and bot armies. Been in my guild for years and year and I see this everyday done to new people.

Very, very few guilds actualy back up the BS they said about "Oh we are casual, oh we will help group you, we will interact with you outside our bots." In most cases you join, and if your not already 115 and 45k AA's raiding 5 nights a week with them, your forgotten cannon fodder to them.

The suggestion should read ... "Join a guild that gives a sheet about you after you sign the contract"
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

Today a L97 rogue returning from CotF followed me around HS as I got the last VP piece I needed for the mage. While we were in Drusalle's room, I gated out to OverThere and campfired back, finish OT #2, and HS #2 + #3 for him. It provided no benefit to me other than to help out another person, which is not at all a waste of my time. If I wasn't 3-boxing, I couldn't have campfire, and this wouldn't have happened.

The same was done for me when I returned from HoT during RoS. Pay it forward.

There are plenty of people willing to help others, but it's a lot easier to notice the negativity. Even those people boxing who can't make room for dead weight call rots as they get them.

The irony about complaining about boxes is that by far the most common box is 2-3 box. These boxes frequently make room for people who can carry their weight. At worst they kill named and call rots in T2.

Remember these are real people and real people value their time. It's no right to complain they are not doing enough for you.

I made room in my box group yesterday in ST for a L103 bard that was LFG for XP that the net benefit of his songs didn't make up for the loss of my merc. I didn't mind that, but it also happened to be the alt of a strong SK that boxes a strong Zerker. I also didn't mind that, but I would mind if there was a complaint that I didn't make room for a stranger who could PL themselves.

If either of these instances occurred in TBL or TOV I simply could not have been generous. I can't give up a cleric or DPS merc for someone who can't assist. It's not an issue of being selfish. It's an issue of fact. I simply can't carry people through these zones, especially people who might pull healing power from my cleric. My merc isn't smart enough to make the right choice between someone tagging along and the pet that is tanking. If that pet goes down, we all die, and I lose the last half hour of my time gaining XP.

The boxing is hard enough as it is. I gave up a cleric merc in HS and almost lost my cleric at one point with no backup. Think about how many kills I have to get in HS at 115 to make up for a death even with a 96%. When I lose my cleric without a merc up, I wipe, so not only XP loss on all 3, but also the time to get back and recover. It's a risk I am willing to take, but if it's more expected than appreciated, you wont be welcomed back.
    Quatr likes this.
  8. Tucoh Augur

This is false, but the few people who constantly need help and never improve themselves to be in a position to help others will annoy everyone around them, get shunned and frustrated and would probably agree with you that everyone else is selfish.
  9. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

I understand your frustration. On the flip side, this isn't like WoW or any of the newer mmo's where everything is handed to you. Put in some elbow grease, find a guild, make friends within said guild. The least you could do is TRY to join a guild and make friends?

Jesus.