New TLP Concept

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by modsiw, Feb 14, 2020.

1. modsiw Augur

• PvP enabled on rotating weeks.
    • Halve the number of players required for each /pick.
    • FV loot rules.
    • 2.7x Selo XP rate.
    • No classes (All characters can learn all skills, learn all spells, and wear all armor).
    • Characters start at lvl 53.
    • Opens in LoY
    • All AAs and skills autograted.
    • Berserker and Beastlords available at launch.
    • Just before Gates, characters are copied to Agnarr.
    • Absolutely no boxes.
    • 3 week expansions, except LDoN is 3 months.
    • AoC enabled with 2 day lock outs.
    • Triple loot & rare mobs
    • Hack software allowed.
    • Gear remains on corpses.
    • No levitation in PoFire.
    • No Kronos.
  2. sumnayin Augur

At this point I can't tell if this is a joke or not...crap
  3. Thewiz Augur

Stop huffing the gold paint.
  4. Nolrog Augur

Seriously, just fracking stop.

This is completely unworkable and would require a SIGNIFICANT amount of dev time to implement.
  5. Brunlin Augur

Or.............new TLP model buffet style....pick any or all.......
    • Classic/Kunark Launch (can even wait 180 days before Velious launch) This would give a lot of starting options on day 1 and have plenty to do for the 180 days as that would be plenty of time to get all these raids done and for everyone to get their epic. In the long run we will still be in the same place when Velious launch even if we didnt launch Kunark on day 1 but it would be fun, no one would have to iksar race change. There would be plenty to do. And on day 1 the launch may not be as rough since a lot more people would be spread out between the classic zones and Kunark.
    • Warrens/Stone brunt mountains.....originally these zones were free content for everyone during the velious era...it was close to SOL launching the first time, but these zone would be a excellent start on the Qeynos, Odus side of the world since this is really a weak side to start and would give a optional level path that is very good up to mid 30's. I would propose that you simply take them from the velious expac and add them to classic. Some would argue that these zones are a little above classic but i would say to those people....Really?? With banes and melee augments in game i think that ship has sailed long ago. Not to mention even if they were to be added alot of peeps will still do the race to Guk or Sol a to b race. Not to mention there is a out of era classic zone that starts in classic that is equivalent to GOD era...If you dont know what im talking about, Than i wont comment on it further as i dont like revealing some of my starting secrets.
    • Gnome SK/ Pal Halfling Ranger/Paladin should be Quality of life improvements as they were originally just more free content updates and not tied to any expacs. The race class combination is not so op that they should not be in classic. This would again keep people from waiting to the right expac to roll these or buying race change potions
  6. Runes Augur

Totally doable sign me up. Gnome monk in plate forevah!!!
  7. Fraggly Augur

Loving the "no classes" thing, great meme content. Imagine everyone, every single person, with bard speed. I want to see.

:Do_O
  8. nostalgia Lorekeeper

2 tlps one allows boxing ,one not.
    2 months unlocks.
    Lots of people hate god but love oow so open them up together with ldon and loy.then2 months later the other lvl 70 expansions after that every 5 lvl expansions together every 2 months make it fv all raids instanced so the botters can farm their gear and sell it for krono in game and leave the group game to the players,the reason you have to start in classic because most tlp players love the game in classic.
  9. Hinastorm86 Augur

My god, i'm begging you devs to announce it so we don't have to see these damn posts for another 6 months.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Even the most far-fetched Fantasies work better with some structure & rationale behind them, some underpinning logic to it all.

This wasn't it.
  11. Trickst3r New Member

They should launch a reverse TLP, start with all expansions unlocked then remove one every couple of months. It would be a good way to introduce live players to the TLP experience.
  12. sumnayin Augur

13. Runes Augur

I would 100% support this only if you added that as each new expansion unlocked all gear from the previous expansion automatically proofed from characters and levels and AAs were also taken away and when you went from an expansion that introduced a new race to one that didn', have that race, the characters would have to be race changed to gnomes.. No other choices.

It's what the EQ gods would have wanted anyway.. A world ruled by gnomes.