Kael & npc tanking/dpsing

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by blood & gufts, Feb 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whulfgar Augur

Your being disingenuous because you use this method.
  2. enclee Augur

If they applied the stats to tank mercs that giants are using, would that make tank mercs viable?
    Vumad likes this.
  3. Fian Augur

Can you please explain what you mean?
  4. Tanise Elder

They finally fixed this?
  5. Fian Augur

You can still use the live NPC as tank, however they do next to no damage, so you have to fully kill each target yourself. So they nerfed the benefits, but kept the mechanics in play.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

Hoping with todays patch. They nerf this even more =)
    Cadira, Duder and Rumplestilskin like this.
  7. Tanise Elder

That's a fair tradeoff. Not much different than kiting single mobs.

How are people even arguing this was legit though? The moment I saw it being done I knew it was an exploit. This is as sad as people trying to justify the chain spawning of the named in GD. Had one guy tell me he said it was intended because EQ has caused a lot of divorces because it's so time intensive so they put chain spawning mobs in to fix that.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  8. Pred Journeyman

Last month in Kael...

[Tue Jan 14 19:47:10 2020] Xxxxxxx says out of character, 'GM Narlee here, just a reminder that abuses of glitches or exploits (including faction based ones), can result in action against your account. stay safe!'
    [Tue Jan 14 19:48:18 2020] Xxxxxxx says out of character, 'enjoy some snacks though!'

Then everyone that didn't get suspended got cookies.
  9. Whulfgar Augur

I like how you usex x's to hide the names.. but forgot to hide it in the /ooc.. hehe

Also how many got suspended??
  10. Pred Journeyman

I Xxxxx'd out the name because it didn't say "GM-Narlee says out of character", it was a different name.

I believe it was a group, seemed like a box group.
  11. German Augur

I remember that night, and I also remember a certain SK that could only kill this way causing many others grief during progression quests by taking the quest mob (or in most cases trying and failing to pull it off the group killing it).

It’s a bad SK that cant solo/molo a Kael trash mob or a group that needs this method to exp both of which happened on our server.

So yes, this affected others in the zone.
  12. Evurkvest Augur

Ofc it wasnt an exploit. Perfectly normal gameplay to not have to tank or heal. Only requierd to do a fraction of the dps. Get all loot and xp. Yay!
  13. Fian Augur

So I understand why it was nerfed, but now that DB has modified it, it can now be considered DB sanctioned. It is a new, fun way to play the game, especially for those with trouble getting groups, but the rewards are no longer over powered. For those wanting it to be nerfed more, please provide a justification.
  14. Pred Journeyman

Making something less desirable to attempt does not mean it is now sanctioned...
  15. Redemption Lorekeeper

your logic is amazing. that is like a child who wondered up to a fireplace and put its hand in the fire. its parents put up a big screen in front of the fire to keep it from happening again. your logic is that it is ok to stick your hand in the fire just move this screen out of the way and deal with the pain. after all it must be sanctioned since they put the screen there and left it.
  16. Mookus Augur

When I did this, I enjoyed it.

But cmon, you're not going to win EQ killing the same bunch of giants over and over. It wasn't breaking the tank stranglehold over EQ progression.
  17. Fian Augur

Ok, how is this for logic. Obviously DB knew there was a problem with the location(s) since they made a change. The obvious fix was to implement Lcenium logic to take away any benefit from using the live mobs as tanks. Instead, they spent developer resources to change the encounter to still reward the player, but at a lesser rate. The fact that they made a change, but the same playstyle still works, indicates that development is ok with the playstyle, they just changed the rewards. They didn't put up a barrier (your fireplace analogy), players aren't changing how they use the location, they just reduced (not eliminated) the reward.
    GoneFission likes this.
  18. GoneFission Augur

This thing in Kael didn’t even require the player to out-dps the guards? ok, now I see why people have been calling this an exploit. If all you needed was to be on the hate list, that’s not kosher.
  19. Whulfgar Augur

Any thing that can not be replicated in other zones.. that gives even 1 player an advantage should be considered against the rules.. In this vein of playing.
  20. Fian Augur

The 6 guards (to use the south camp) were not treated as a group. So all you had to do is outdps the one guard that did the most damage. That isn't that easy to do, but it isn't that hard either. I had one person who told me he couldn't outdps the guards, and even myself, when there are multiple mobs in camp and I am distracted, I sometimes would lose kills to other guards as well. Outdpsing guards has become easier, now that they do so little damage.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.