How about today?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by topple, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Fraggly Augur

The server deletes and a new one is named. When or where it deletes idc personally, but a BRAND SPANKIN' NEW SERVER is made in its place for the psychological effects. Truebox happiness for all eternity.
  2. Moege Augur

Snitches get stitches...

[insert meme of cat phoning]
    dreamweaver and Lilliee like this.
  3. curious2 Lorekeeper

seeing as how it's Valentines day... some info would be nice for those single folk
    consider it a box of chocolates
    Alakshak and Pikles like this.
  4. Yosemite Journeyman

It's got to be today, otherwise people won't have enough time to take days off.
  5. Zansobar Augur

If they are launching one a bit later than usual the announcement could also be later.
  6. wade_watts Augur

It has to be today, otherwise it would be a different day.
  7. Stagentti Augur

I always get the impression they don't care if people take time off and probably prefer to do it when people don't. Less people crashing the server at launch lol.

They know folks will pay the monthly sub whether they take time off or not. No one is going to skip subbing an account because they couldn't take a week off at launch.
  8. Alakshak Journeyman

9. Beep Elder

Potion sales my dude. The tryhards chug em.
  10. Angered Augur

Can you please confirm that the new TLP will be FV Rule set! Allow us to have this one!!!! Come on we have been asking for years! If you truly want a server to do better then Phinny you will give us a FV TLP
  11. Yosemite Journeyman

I would agree with this if they didn't launch @ 5pm Est., which is a horrible idea. Launch would go so much smoother if they made it 10 am or 2 pm.
  12. Beardsy Elder

They already have a better server than Phinny - It's called Selos. And It'll be the last TLP I play.

I hope there's no new TLP's this year. If there is they've lost their damn minds ruining the server population even more. Are people not fed up of servers dying down because of their greed? Selos is damn near perfect. If they'd double loot/chests on this server and increased the number of flagging components necessary it'd be perfect.
  13. likestobox Lorekeeper

Oh man if you could announce this today that would be awesome... I would love to see my wife's face at dinner, on Valentine's day, when I tell her I am going to play EQ again.
    Lilliee likes this.
  14. Runes Augur

Hi Dreamweaver, let me make things easier for you. Under no circumstances are you allowed to make any announcements today regarding a new TLP or event server. Don't cave to the mob.
    No exceptions!
    dreamweaver likes this.
  15. Thewiz Augur

Today? Yes?
    Fraggly likes this.
  16. Yosemite Journeyman

Hahahahah I totally didn't consider this. I bet that would go over REAL well.
  17. Elskidor Augur

It's been awhile since I've been on the forums, but I realized the date and was like, "Oh, a new TLP has likely already been announced. Better go see the rule set!" I'm surprised there's nothing yet.

Is this the year for FV? Which way will they lean on the boxing rules? Will this be the one TLP that will bring everyone together in world peace and change the future? Probably not, but we can sure expect a lot of excitement leading up to launch, and a wealth of drama after its release.

Or...plot twist...no TLP this year!
    Brunlin likes this.
  18. Runes Augur

Smartest investment I ever made when I got married was to invest in the most comfortable couch a newly married man could buy. It's been the gift that keeps on giving to me and ideal for after announcements of playing EQ on Valentines day, bdays and Anniversary that fell on a new TLP launch.
    Lilliee and Thewiz like this.
  19. likestobox Lorekeeper

If they would just announce it today we can all find out how well that went.
  20. Brunlin Augur

More than likely it will be next week. This is a 3 day weekend for some and POP just launched on their more popular server. They have to give time for the masses to level from 60-65 and get those store bought things such as potions, mounts, and bags for those coming back to play pop that may have not picked up a anniversary bag yet. I figured by mid week next week they will probably announce it.

Im sure there is a lot of peeps that put their accounts into hibernation as soon as the new server is announced, while they wait and prepare for the launch. I am one of them. I went ahead and liquidated all virtual assets on mangler into Kronos and now I am on test just waiting for the announcement so I can start getting that static group ready. I think this is the reason they wait later and later to announce it and i cant blame them. Though for the month i dont sub before the launch, i do make up for it by buying bags and xp potions for each of my accounts.