Diamondized Precious Velium Ore (type 19 aug raid drop)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kontra, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Jondalar Augur

I had 2. 359 JC. Failed 1. Over 150 named before we saw another ore.
  2. Moege Augur

Why would they killsteal dps race, you can get 4 of the Crystalized velium ores from the missions every 5 hours. (think that is what kizant meant by regular ones)

Recipes for "Crystallized Precious Velium Ore" to/from "Diamondized Precious Velium Ore" please !
    Seems the raid version is easier to obtain than the group versions.
    Axxius and kizant like this.
  3. Whulfgar Augur

You already know the answer to this. Any time its not stated as an automatic no fail .. You have a % chance to lose any piece of the combo..

I cant believe yall would not buy a no fail get all components back .. TS potion .. before you do attempt to make these ..
    feeltheburn likes this.
  4. kizant Augur

There is already an incentive because people are desperately hunting precious ores. Either way I don't really mind that much. The group game has been boring since the old days. Trying to KS each other over named was at least fun. Today's players I think would have a heart attack.
  5. enclee Augur

I hate that this is a valid point.
    feeltheburn and Whulfgar like this.
  6. Piemastaj Augur

That is cool if you got all of your augs, however with the limited availability (1 per raid cycle), on top of the rarity you could be 3 or 4 pots into these combines. This also might go for your type 18s. Not really feasible to have this as a solution imho.

They should either increase the drop rate or make them on fail return the ores.
    Jhenna_BB and Sancus like this.
  7. Whulfgar Augur

I feel ya, And also note, I'm not saying its a perfect solution. However it is a very valid imperfect solution right now.

To say some one has to at that very second soon as raids drop for the night, go make that aug is not logical if its a situation where they can lose it upon a fail.

The MOST logical solution (again not a perfect solution, but a workable one thats 100% no fail mind you) is to wait til you have ALL .. raid / grp level ore's .. to make every single aug you want.

This is a very valid strat .. I'm sure you know it is. Its not just the solution you want. Which again I understand.
    feeltheburn likes this.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

And this is the very reason (well the largest reason) that I personally hate TS being the best in slot items ..

I am not speaking of augs, just gear. Not augs, I have no feeling 1 way or the other about the best aug's being TS augs.
  9. Szilent Augur

It's not trivial to acquire Diamondized Precious. Monsters hit hard, and even the opportunity to grind out a 2.3 billion hp East Wastes basepop or 7 billion hp worth of Great Divide basepop (presuming one doesn't train one's self to death in the Tizmak caves) only comes around once per week. My dps with my friends is "not bad", but even so that's a heck of a slog to predicate on being able to win at all :p

These things feel acceptable because the reward can be confidently anticipated. What really bothers me about Crystallized Precious is that no amount of seeking feels like enough to reasonably expect the finding.

The two high-tier group missions, "Seeking the Sorceror" and "Icebound Avatar", take 270M and 350M damage to win, respectively (plus some good strats & competent teammates to execute, but is fine to pass over that for this discussion. the challenges are different in kind but not scale). It may be too much to expect a Crystallized Precious once roughly every eight missions (that would line up with the total hp for a full clear on East Wastes), as there are other rewards involved (currency mainly, when speaking of farming, but there's spells & some folks still need the odd type5/7 augment), but I sure hope that when Ngreth follows through on adding the failable, losable type 18 aug blanks to mission chests, there's substantially less than 98% to not get one.

Some quick arithmetic shows an 8% drop would make -just barely- more than half chances to get one over that many samples.
    Moege, Marton and Sancus like this.
  10. Windance Augur

I had 5 for 5x successful devotee augs combine today. I'm max JC with all the TS stuff done.
  11. Windance Augur

At least with the type 19 mats we can go get raid instances and spend the day clearing trashing in the hope for the mats. The same can't be said for the type 18 mats. Would love to see the heroic missions start dropping them, or add them to the heroic mission trash like the type 19's, or something. Seems kind of silly to have the earring completed and not having the mats to make the augs for it.
    kizant likes this.
  12. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Icy witch in Velks missions should drop 1, 100% of the time. Hear me out on this... first it isnt that super box friendly area. Its every 6 hours. If you go with friends, now you compete to get the drop. She’s also a total c**t to get to and split from the 132 other kolbalds...

Otherwise, add the ore to chests, random drop off all base pop, put it on group vendor, something!
    Funky likes this.
  13. Whulfgar Augur

Velks is trivial to clear bro..

I do love that mechanic of hers tho.. I love when eq devs come out with new grp content mechanics like this one.
    Axxius likes this.
  14. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Go tell that to the 75% that dont raid. Bro...
  15. Whulfgar Augur

I'm running
    113 warrior (zero raid gear)
    113 wizard x2 (no raid gear)
    115 shaman x2 (no raid gear)
    115 chanter (no raid gear)

Bro..
  16. Whulfgar Augur

Velks grp mission is 100% all about that CC capability.. No they are not mezzable.. but they are absolutely 100% root able an puntable..

Mass pull 10+ .. do not dps a single one .. punt they arses into a corner .. then break root on 1 at a time .. an smash / kill them succa's..

This is trivial.. (even with ZERO .. raid gear)
  17. Ashian Augur

They actually are mezzable. If you can survive the initial 5-15 pull (shield flash?) and get a mez off, you’ll be fine. That said, this is probably the most challenging aspect of the expansion.
  18. Whulfgar Augur

I use a chanter, they have Beam of Slumber (1 tick duration / root) then right on into the wave mez which I get bright red wording this mob is immune to mez.

Which Mez are you using ? Glance ? Wave ? Decieve ? Flash ? Nuetralize or even stare ?
  19. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Very much mezz-able.
  20. Thunderkiks Augur

I mez them with chanter and monk. They dont even resist much. I pull with monk mez, a pile from next room comes, I hit earthforce and mez the pile with chanter.