Kael & npc tanking/dpsing

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by blood & gufts, Feb 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angahran Augur

And that impacted your enjoyment of the game how exactly ?
  2. Monkman Augur

It really doesn’t matter how you spin it pal, it ain’t kosher. Now move along.
    Duder likes this.
  3. Angahran Augur

You're entitled to your opinion.

They've changed it and now I'm sure people will be killing the live giants because they hit for almost nothing.
  4. Monkman Augur

And I am sure that will get fixed, so I guess enjoy exploiting/abusing an in-game mechanic that was not intended for the next 30 days?
  5. Cadira Augur

It's not a play style, dumba$$. Using an immersion mechanic (Live giants warding off the hoards of undead that threaten them) to circumvent the need for proper group makeups and appropriate levels of player power in order to receive the same rewards as people who actually play this MULTIPLAYER GAME how it's intended is clearly not kosher.

Go play something more suited to your skill and commitment level like Minecraft if you can't understand this concept.
    Duder likes this.
  6. smash Augur

It is exploit
    sauron3030 and Duder like this.
  7. GoneFission Augur

The content wasn’t tiered back then, but you still can pull mobs and named to the guards in the Bloodfields, and they will assist. I don’t remember if the RCOD has guards or not. If you over-pulled, the guards started dying. If you under-assisted, you got no credit.

But the mechanic was and still is in the game.
  8. Allayna Augur

They’ve changed it, so you’re going to flip and exploit another way? Have fun with the time away from EQ.
    Duder likes this.
  9. Angahran Augur

Firstly, there was no exloit how they were originally.
    Secondly, there is no exploit how it has been changed.
    Thirdly, I'm really tired about people who apparently have nothing better to do than complain about things that have zero impact on them simply to cause annoyance to others.
  10. Duder Augur

Players circumventing the intended limitations, rules, and features of a game to advance themselves where other's are expected to, and do, play by the rules is cheating. Ever play Monopoly with a 6 year old who refuses to go to jail, refuses to not collect their 200 dollars, all because it doesn't suit them? Its not really a game at that point. You making your own rules diminishes what other players value in this game we play. No one is trying to annoy you, you are annoyed because you don't like hearing that you're wrong and not getting your way. Grow up.
    Funky likes this.
  11. Triconix Augur

It's an exploit. It's not an opinion, you're just plain wrong.

However, it's rich reading people of MS acting as gatekeepers for playing "the right way" :rolleyes:. Cognitive dissonance at its finest.

Botters using a specific program don't affect me. Does this mean they aren't exploiting? An exploit is an exploit. These people are using an oversight in game design in a way that was not intended to be used in such manner that it is benefiting them in a measurable and quantifiable way. That's the definition of exploit.
    Jondalar and Duder like this.
  12. Allayna Augur

I’m sick of this.

The developers changed the status quo, so be it, we will not do it.

We REPORT exploits in this guild. We immediately remove those caught using banned 3rd party software. One as recently as this past week.

We do so not only in beta, so as to prevent those who would abuse these situations, but we are also in communication with the developers in private throughout the year (exploits aren’t supposed to be broadcast on the forums).

The practice of holding the chests on desired split targets had been done for years, this year the developers ruled that as “unintended gameplay”. We won’t do it. We won’t look for a work around to still get all the loot on mains (not pointing fingers here). We continue to raid it twice and until the developers fix the bug with dzs, we don’t allow people to bid from list now. Those in the dz reap the reward of the chests.

Judge me and mine when you manage to accomplish and lead like me and mine...

Machin Shin the Black Wind
  13. Tucoh Augur

Hey let's not dog on an amazing game like Minecraft here!

But seriously, im sad they nerfed it. I never really used it because AE but i liked that the giants were there to give people a hand.
    Cadira and kizant like this.
  14. Triconix Augur

Just because something is around, it doesn't make it right. I can think of plenty of things that exist in the world, but are pretty immoral. Just one easy example...not tipping at restaurants is a pretty s****y thing to do, but not illegal. Your logic is at some fallacy-level.

Anyways, what you're describing is literally the same situation as we have in this thread. NPC assistance of killing mobs has been around for years, but was simply overlooked and not reported. However, it may not have been so prevalent and beneficial as it is now.

Maybe tell the members of your guild the same thing? And is this some sort of humble brag? What exactly have you accomplished that absolves you of judgement?
    Duder likes this.
  15. kizant Augur

Yeah, don't put dowm Minecraft.. Also, if proper group makeup is supposed to be a requirement then I guess SKs shouldn't be allowed to solo everything anymore? :p
  16. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

There is a lot of fun to be had with these sentences.
    Duder likes this.
  17. Allayna Augur

Thanks for catching it, replying from my phone gets tricky. Supposed to be not condoning....
  18. Cadira Augur

oh no, MC is a great game. Played the hell out of it. I just think it's better suited for our friend here.

I find it rich people like to pretend they've never looted anything from a chest they had a lock out for in the past 17 years it's been a thing and then proceed to pretend they're better than people who streamed it. Half of which prob got suspended for Cactusgate.

Keep drink'n that hateraid tho.
  19. Triconix Augur

Condone huh? Good thing you are in support of exploiting, I suppose. Perhaps a guild title of "Leader" doesn't come with an English dictionary in MS? Whatever the case, I normally condemn exploits, not condone them.

What I called cognitive dissonance is the fact that you have guild members criticizing players for using exploits and playing in "non kosher" ways, when your entire raid force actively accepted, participated, and benefited from what is a pretty "non kosher" way of attaining loot. You see the hypocrisy there? Please, try to keep up next time.

My skills are well applied. Thanks for the suggestion there, Pol Pot, Lord Prime Minister and Supreme Military Commander!

Never done it. Never thought about doing it. My guild never was involved in "Cactusgate." I see you condone that type of behavior over there. Over here, I condemn it.

[IMG]
  20. Fian Augur

Pre-nerf
    This was an exciting new way to play the game, especially for the non-tank classes. The safest way to do it, is just stand behind the live mobs and wait for undead to walk up to them and engage. But that only happens once every 5 min or so, and one kill per 5 min isn't that great. So players normally pull mobs into the live mobs. You can easily get several at once, and the live mobs would only engage one (there was a trick to get a second engaged in the south camp). While killing those, other undead can path to join the fight and in some cases would get aggro on you instead of the guards. So dying is quite common in these camps. On top of this, the best experience is to go mercless, but if you pull, you sometimes get the restless ice dot, which required tricks to get your merc out to cure you, or gate to get it removed.

Post-nerf
    Giving players a new way to play the game was a bonus in my opinion, especially for the classes that aren't tanks or have tank pets. However, the biggest issue of the camp was that the players could do a fraction of the dps needed to kill a mob to get kill credit while the live mobs did most of the damage. This resulted in a lot of experience and loot going to players as they could kill mobs much faster than in a traditional setting.

I applaud DBC for not just taking the Lcenium approach to this camp. They still allowed it as a playstyle, however the player has to do pretty much all of the damage on a mob to kill it. The camp doesn't have any advantage over a traditional group, but it is a viable option for the solo player that can't find a group. While I have pulled aggro away from the mobs once, normally they tank well enough for me to kill the mob.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.