Tofs First floor

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dewey, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Allayna Augur

What concerns me is this.

Year after year we see the same hijinks. Artificial prolongation of the progression.

This year it was the earring quest wasn't available at launch, and missing collection sets.
    Then a month later it was put in, but then there were missing collection sets from a set that was dropping, but doesn't now. Keys not dropping correctly. Hunter mobs that were rarer than intended. Plus the dervishes in GD not spawning correctly preventing the mercenary quest from being completed. To the bug with the final quest of the earring locking you out if you already completed it.

All those things artificially STALL or prolong the game. Develop more content/better content and stop artificially delaying the game. We're on to you.

As always, this doesn't directly affect me, I'm on the bleeding edge of progression each year, but it affects those who take a bit longer.
  2. Dewey Augur

Again the question is this.

Can "A Drolvarg guard" spawn the key mob? Just want to be clear on this so that I can tell people what mob not to waste their time on killing this month.

Yes the key mob still spawns from the skeletons. Can "an ice shade" spawn it? Yes it is extremely slow now camping this key.

On a side note. Thanks for fixing it. With the amount of people who need it for the earring. I feel sorry for them waiting another month.
  3. Pip Developer

At this moment, no. I apologize.

I can assure you that this mix up is not as nefarious as you make it out to be. I'm personally ashamed that I did something to make you feel this way.
    Benito, svann, Thunderkiks and 5 others like this.
  4. enclee Augur

I appreciate that you take your work this personally.
    Duder and Pip like this.
  5. Thunderkiks Augur

/em hugs Pip!
  6. Allayna Augur

I appreciate that. But it seems that a patch to fix the patch is in order before the month mark. Given the continued bugs with progression and then the raid window kicking people every 90s and griklor raid healing to 100% there are a lot of things to bring the servers down for an emergency patch and fix.
    Daedly, kammo and Lannin like this.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I appreciate the hard work of the devs. The data migration patch was completed hours early. Perhaps, a hot fix (2-4hours) for ToFS and other items is excusable and an act of good will?
    kammo and Allayna like this.
  8. Plumbus Lorekeeper

A valentine's day patch might even save a few relationships.
  9. Dewey Augur

Valentine's day patch leads to more eq babies.
    Zamiam likes this.
  10. bucktoof Journeyman

THIS ^^^

after spending maybe 11 hours mindlessly killing crap on tofs 1st floor, i gave up. This cannot be right. It shouldn't feel like hitting the lotto to get a tofs floor key (especially 1st floor only!). I almost don't even wanna go back. I too luckily had a friend who was fully keyed so i got my progression done on this months ago but PLEASE for the love of all things good give us an instance or quest or SOMETHING to key ourselves so that everyone doesnt have to rely on the 5 or so people who seem to have everything ugh!
  11. Dewey Augur

There seems to be a work around for this. Took me til 4am to get the keys; however, we had much better luck when we never killed the guards.

Stand in the entrance way. Pull mobs to ya. When a guard comes snare it and throw it into the pit. Whatever you do don't kill the guard mobs. After doing this the drop rate for the key wasn't terrible.

So find yourself some good crowd control and ensure that the "A Drovlag guards" on the first floor never die.
  12. Lianeb Augur

Once you find "the mob" you can get 3-4 keys an hour
    Conq likes this.
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

I'm just curious when it became standard operating procedure for devs to know about a bug, have a fix for said bug...but make players wait a full patch cycle to fix said bug. Especially when that bug is a widespread detriment to players and their progression.

That's not how it used to be.
    enclee, Morigaine and kammo like this.
  14. Monkman Augur

I know “what mob” you’re referring to Lianeb and it wasn’t working. Prolly killed 25 of “the mob” yesterday
    Runzen likes this.
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I have noticed that too. However, my concern would be more on the side of atrophy. Have we reached hardware, memory, or coding limitations? Is the patch process getting more prohibitive or costly - even risky? This is a far more foreboding prospect.
  16. Morigaine Elder

Have to agree with this. Look how many bugs from yesterday’s patch are already confirmed.

ToFS
    Raid disbands
    Griklor heal over wall
    Griklor perma fly

I’m probably leaving some out and there are likely some that aren’t discovered or fully understood yet. Having to wait a month each time this happens is unacceptable and weak from a customer service perspective. I had probably 10 guild mates complete their master scavenger yesterday because they were all stuck on the hoarfrost drops.

While I actually love this expansion, there are simply far too many mistakes being made and more focus needs to be put into fixing these issues. Could the patch cycle be changed to bi weekly until these rudimentary bugs are fixed. If a player can’t complete progression because missions are bugged, collectibles aren’t obtainable, keys don’t drop, dervishes don’t spawn, etc then the developers have failed.

I totally get that bugs happen, I believe the larger concern is that each time when they do, we are just expected to wait for the following months patch.
    kammo and enclee like this.
  17. Allayna Augur

Beta patches daily on a timer.

Hotfixes to broken quests and NPCs seem to happen with a simple repop of the zone (most times) sometimes it takes until the next day.

Personally, I'd fully support a weekly Wednesday morning patch (4a-6/8a as needed).
    kammo, Morigaine and enclee like this.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

We have been getting a few examples of fixes that wait for a monthly patch and then do not get fixed. Mistakes happen I get it. But when you have problems fixing the fix waiting another month to see if no more mistakes were made is not cool at all.

And some bugs are blocking progression which locks up a lot of exp for those doing them the first time

I agree that we need more frequent patches especially when fixes don't work. Waiting up till one month is one thing having to wait multiple months is quite another thing.
    OldCa61, Yinla and kammo like this.
  19. smash Augur

There need to come an emergency fix for all the bugs that was introduced in Feb patch.
    kammo likes this.
  20. Velisaris_MS Augur

They could probably start by not dropping a new expansion, and then immediately going on vacation...leaving players to deal with bugs/exploits/crap for a month.

They should try THAT first and go from there.