85 Heroic characters to 105 Heroic characters

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Soulsiphon, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Soulsiphon Elder

Can we please get an upgrade to Heroic characters i mean lvl 85 is totally not worth payng $35 for anymore. Can you guys please devote someone to increasing this Heroic cap.
    PCSS, Lannin, eqgamer and 2 others like this.
  2. Gio-Cefalu Augur

I think this would be awesome given the creep in levels and expansions, but I'm pretty sure the Devs said this will not happen because it takes a significant undertaking to code everything involved in a Heroic Character.
  3. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

No, I'd rather have the extra zone.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Yinla like this.
  4. Soulsiphon Elder

jesus christ, come on man
    eqgamer likes this.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Skuz and PCSS like this.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

So you want 20 levels added to them .. AND .. for them to lower the cost ?

If I had my choice .. I'd be like never raise the level of them period. Push out new content to the extreme forget them heroic toons.
    Aenvar likes this.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I am saying they could lower the price if it remains at 85.
    Bobokin and PCSS like this.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

ahh ok. Well even then why lower it if people are actively purchasing ?
    PCSS likes this.
  9. Zamiam Augur

I can go either way , but I dont think they need to raise them to 100 95 would be fine.. also im good if they dont raise em .. dont take that long to lvl a toon from 1 to 100 now adays
    Whulfgar likes this.
  10. Whulfgar Augur

Which is my whole point.
  11. Soulsiphon Elder

Everquest still catches new people every now and then, try telling them to start at lvl 1 or even start at 85 as a heroic and see how fast they quit because of the amount of time it takes to catch up to end game or even get all the progression done CoTF onward in order to be in alot of guilds or even be somewhat reliable on raids. Yeah good luck you have about a good year or two of playing just to be relevant.
    PCSS likes this.
  12. Soulsiphon Elder

Progression from CoTF onward takes along time to catch up
    PCSS likes this.
  13. Allayna Augur

Level 100 heroic characters would be a welcome change. I could see them increasing the cost to say 5000 SC.

This should include:

Full set of Latent Ether T1 gear from CoTF.
    All progression from CoTF and older.
    Epics: 1.0, 2.5
    The tear of alaris in some form, let’s say 10/20.
    I’m sure there’s another in era item that would be sought after, perhaps the bifold from RoF.

There’s nothing exciting or new to create here. We’re talking about bridging the gap or even giving people a reason to purchase a heroic even if they are already level 115.

That still leaves all of TDS, TBM, EoK, RoS, TBL and now ToV for someone to experience, learn how to play and or do progression through.

I know I’d buy a few just for the time saver of epics/CoTF progression and 1/2 a tear, including “upgrading” a few level 115 alts.
  14. Zamiam Augur

I hope they never include the Epics if they increase Heroics .
    Tucoh likes this.
  15. Allayna Augur

You must like killing grey con targets.
    Raptorjesus5 and PCSS like this.
  16. Zamiam Augur

I like being able to say I did my epic .. some things I understand the need for autogranting aa's and even past progresson in older expansions ie DoN , MPG trials .. but setting ones sight on an Epic is an undertaking .. granted most epics can be completed within a day from 1.0 thru the 2.0 .. I remember camping Named (phinny ) for example for my mage's 1.0 piece.. or doing PoSky with a raid to get that 1 piece on like island 3 or 4.. it may not be as it was back then but the nostalgia of doing it and running around older zones is nice.. IMHO
    Vexana_Lanys likes this.
  17. Zamiam Augur

do people go around killing grey con'd mobs for TS mats ? should DB make it so that all mats are now purchasable from a vender ? i dont think so
    Duder likes this.
  18. Zamiam Augur

I can think of a few reason to go killing Grey con mobs .. TS mats , Epics .. Progresson in older expansions, PLing a lowbie toon , and pp farming .. also Gearing up lowbie toons or farming that twink gear to sell ..
  19. Zanarnar Augur

I hope they remove them totally. Since the 85 is so useless now, and they don't even have time to make an expansion right anymore, much less fix something like this. Pay to win is for losers anyways.
  20. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I would hazard a guess that most people at this stage in their life would rather do anything else than camp a rare grey con. Epics are not epic anymore. They are just one of those tedious things a new character may have to do in an expansion that was left behind 20 - 15 years ago for some slight gain. As far as I am tracking there is one class that the 2.0 is must have for since it is still equipped in the same spot its been since 2004.
    Yinla and Allayna like this.