Not A Bug Who guild Not working still

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by maxwell, Feb 12, 2020.

1. maxwell Lorekeeper

Finding peeps is still bug, when doing Who {guild name} all or Who {guild name} 115. Before would get a response on who was on and what level, now it shows

"There are no players in everquest that match those who filters".
  2. Mr. Froo Developer

/Who guild works but it looks like you have to use '' marks for the name.

Examples:
    /who all 'GUILD' and
    /who all 'GUILD" 115
    /who 'GUILD' all
    /who 'GUILD" all 115
  3. maxwell Lorekeeper

Yes I can do that but I never had too before, was able to just do a who all without marks and get names.
  4. Jondalar Augur

/who all guild works for me.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

As was I. Something changed without warning...but...It really isn't too hard to add question marks.
  6. smash Augur

Not changed for a long time, you have had to do that for quite some time.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

That only works for the guild you're in.

The problem is that that before, you could type /w all (single word in guild name) and it would return the players in that guild. Now, if you're trying to find out who's on in another guild, you have to type /w all "entire guild name in quotes".

They changed the functionality and didn't tell anyone.
  8. Jondalar Augur

Ah that makes sense.
  9. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

If the guild name has more than one word in it, it will require quotation marks around the words. If only one word, you don't need quotation marks. This is because the /who tool is probably using a database to look up the names and this is exactly how a select statement works when searching for text within a column, it needs quotation marks around the string to match the whole string. The game probably ignores extra words unless it matches keywords like 'all'.

/who guild name all (this won't work)
    /who "guild name" all (this will work)
    /who guildname all (this will work since the guild name is only one word)