Basically New player

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Nebula, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Nebula New Member

I played until the Planes of Power expansion. I got a weird urge to play again and I don't have access to my old account. So starting fresh with nothing on a new account what server should I pick?
  2. Nebula New Member

Also I'm guessing I'll be alone most of the time what class should I play?
  3. Nebula New Member

Sorry for all the questions, But if I buy the Torment of Velious does it give me all the previous expansions?
  4. Snack Augur

Yes.

Class: play what you want -- mercs bridge the gap for you. Can't help you on server
  5. Owl56 Elder

If you get ToV, you will get all the previous expacs.. but, I would not as you will not see top levels for a while. Play free2play for until you are at least 100.
    Solo, the pet classes have the easiest time. Necro, Bst, or Mage. I suggest you start another free2play account (with another pet class) then use the tank and healer merc to PL yourself up.
    Once you are close to 100, you may want to start pay for a sub, as this will open up all your AAs.
    What server? Everyone thinks theirs is best, (I play on CT/FR).
    You could also choose the Test server. Double xp and almost every zone open; but it is a very quiet server (except for patch days) and you can never xfer off.
  6. Nebula New Member

These progression servers look interesting which is the best to start on? I'd like to see what I missed when I quit playing. The furthest back one seems to be Mangler is it pretty populated?
  7. SunDrake Augur

Mangler launched last March in classic. It presently has the highest population of all the TLPs and is nearing PoP unlock. Most players expect an announcement of another March TLP to come this month, so if you are looking to get in on a server release you picked a good time if you can wait a month.
  8. Nebula New Member

I jumped right in with both feet. Made a caracter Mangler had a group in about 10mins. Currently lvl 8 Aladin High Elf Cleric. Thanks guys for the answers
    SunDrake likes this.