Allow transfers off Agnarr to Mangler on PoP launch...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vessen, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Kolani Augur

Characters leaving Agnarr in maxed out gear without doing any planar progression would upend the balance of Mangler, don't allow them off period.
  2. Uesce Journeyman

Characters on agnarr still had to do the same progression?? They just did it a long time ago.

I would be for the very small to non-existent chance of agnarr transfers happening.
  3. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Make Agnarr a special server. Allow players to copy their Agnarr character with only No Drop items, to any TLP where GoD is unlocked.

This would encourage people who may be interested in a future server but don’t want to go through the classic-PoP grind over and over, to just bank a character on Agnarr and park it to transfer over once GoD unlocks.
    Tymeless likes this.
  4. Uesce Journeyman

I support this
    Tymeless likes this.
  5. Risiko Augur

You are all missing the whole reason why they make a new TLP server every year... to sell bags, experience potions, kronos, mounts (when Luclin opens), hero forge unlock, character illusions, pet illusions, and weapon illusions.

Every time a new server opens, people have to start all over and buy the things they want for that server. You can't bring it with you from another server. You can't even /claim them from the awards you paid for all those years buying expansions.

These TLP servers have everything to do with making money, and the fact that they spend as many hours of their limited resources on it every year is an indication that they make AT LEAST IF NOT MORE off of each new TLP server than they do from making a new Expansion. If that wasn't the case, we wouldn't be getting a new TLP server every year.

So... the idea of ever being able to move a character from one TLP server to another TLP server (with out the target TLP server essentially being so far up the expansion unlocks that it is basically a Live server at that point) is about one in a trillion chance of happening.

They don't hate you. They just are running a business, and it's in OUR best interest that they keep doing what pays the bills. The alternative is a world with out EverQuest.
    Nennius likes this.
  6. yerm Augur

Transfers off would just further kill tue server. Why not allow transfers TO agnarr? Or even better, a testcopy style agnarrcopy that is only available on pre-god tlps so that people who dont want to keep going on a tlp can have a defined server stopping point.
  7. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Server transfers are things they also sell.

I like the idea of being able to pay to copy your Agnarr character with just it’s No Drop gear over to a TLP server with at least GoD out, because it would keep characters on Agnarr but allow those with characters they’re fond of to move them onto servers that are progressing beyond and maybe if they lose interest in that server due to a certain expansion they don’t like, a guild death or they just aren’t too fond of the ruleset on the new server they can always wait and do it on another server.
  8. taliefer Augur

sorry, but no. your characters are agnarr are stuck there forever.

even if you "just" allow no drop gear, thats still an advantage. I have played on two TLPs that had 6 months of farming time, and neither of my characters there had full(close, but not quite) time gear, whereas characters an agnarr likely are. thats with aggressive splits and a high raid attendance. sometimes stuff just dont drop.

everyone knew the deal with Agnarr. I dont think characters should be allowed to transfer off at all, but at a bare minimum it shouldn't be allowed to another TLP until that TLP is in at least DoN. A time geared character at that point is still fully functional,and would be able to hit the ground running in the group game, level to 70 and be fine in the raid scene as well, but would have no real advantage.
  9. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Also, feel free to transfer your Agnarr toon to any live server, that allows it.
  10. Machen New Member

Yeah, that's the problem with the OP's suggestion. Who's going to get that first Quarm kill on Mangler, characters that have been on Mangler all along and have to do the full progression, or characters that transfer over with it already done and can immediately go straight to Plane of Time? The suggestion that transfers should open on PoP release is, frankly, ridiculous.
  11. Roxas MM Augur

i remember back in the day, when you wanted to move your character to another server, only your character would move, not your gear. Isn't that a solution for people that want their char off of agnarr ? So allow a transfer, naked.
  12. feigntrain Elder

what balance? mangler is not a pvp server.
  13. feigntrain Elder

Nonsense. I would love to buy more bags. I would throw my money at them so fast if they would let me buy more bags. But they wont! They are leaving money on the table by not even allowing me the opportunity to buy more bags. So selling bags cannot possibly be the reason why they open new TLPs.
  14. feigntrain Elder

Who cares who kills Quarm first? I love your justification. Keep Agnarr prisoners locked up in Agnarr jail because I'm petty!
  15. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

It's actually because it's the rule set of the server. It is not anyone's fault but your own that you chose to play there, knowing it would be a dead server. Now you feel like your entitled to change the rules, because your ? special?

Feel free to reacquire your toon through gameplay. Probably on the new server next month, just be sure you read the ruleset first.
    Nennius likes this.
  16. Kenshin11 Journeyman

Let's not forget, Agnarr has LDoN unlocked, so they would have augments right now that Mangler folks don't have. Wait until GoD unlocks before we allow transfers from Agnarr folks.
  17. NottaBard Journeyman

Maybe it could be incorporated into some longer term TLP strategy.

Odd calendar years start a TLP server that progresses to live.
    Even calendar years start a TLP that progresses to LDoN, then after 6 months of LDoN merge into Agnarr.
    Allow transfers from Agnarr to other TLPs after either GoD or OoW have been open for at least 1 month to prevent transfers from being to overpowered or competing with racing guilds.
    Only allow no drop gear (worn or in bags) to transfer with the character, no tradable, no plat.
    Obviously would exclude any servers with incompatible rule sets.

Could keep the early TLP cash cow flowing without diluting the post-PoP servers as much.
  18. Kolani Augur

I'm parodying the people who want to keep Firiona Vie locked down, shhh.
  19. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

All of the servers that start at classic basically die after PoP, they should just always allow transfers to one main server for those dying servers to lump everyone who wants to continue into one more populated server.
  20. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

Guess that wouldnt really work with gear etc from servers that are ahead, but could do something along those lines start at 65 with standard gear or soemthing