Tofs First floor

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dewey, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Dewey Augur

This floor still has "A Drolvarg guard" These guards are on the 6th floor; however, now they are blue.

Can someone confirm that they spawn the first floor key? Been here an hour(been here for many hours camping previous to the patch and only say 2 keys) Anyways, I'm thinking it's still messed up, but would love someone to confirm that it's just bad Randoming.
    DemarMT likes this.
  2. Fudly Elder

I don't know if tofs is messed up, but you don't need to key everyone. One key will bring a whole group up, and upper floor keys also allow you to open every floor below it.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Keys are needed for the earring quest
    svann likes this.
  4. Monkman Augur

And upper keys do not flag you for lower floors
  5. Fudly Elder

I think you guys are talking about the latest expansion, and I'm talking about velious. My bad.
  6. Runzen Elder

Been killing here for awhile, seeing the same thing, even got the 6th floor emote on the first floor.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Mazame Augur

Ok the key is dropping i got it last week. but the 6th floor spawns on the 1st floor is making it very very very rare.

Tips
    Keep the 1st two halls on the left and the last two halls on the right cleared.
    The key mob will spawn from skele / reavers but the "guards" can spawn and block the key mobs from spawning.
    also helps to find a pick where they are not killing on the 6th floor IMO.

Also the 6th mobs spawning on the 1st floor should be fixed with the patch so it should be easy to get now.
  8. Dewey Augur

The 6th floor mobs are still spawning on the 1st floor. Which is the point of this post.
    svann and Yinla like this.
  9. Mazame Augur

I have not log in yet so I can't confirm. but the 1st floor always had guards. The guards on the 1st floor do not hit as hard and do not see past invis. the guards on the 6th floor do. You said they are now blue that is so to me sound like it was fix and it the right guards spawning. but like I said i can't confirm because I have not log in.

Either way if it broke or not keeping the 2 halls on the left cleared and if you have the DPS for it the last 2 on the right will get you a key.
  10. Plumbus Lorekeeper

Maybe it's a new feature to change the npcs in a zone month by month...
  11. Dewey Augur

On beta all the mobs were the "a returned..." the dralvorag guards where not on the first floor in launch. Only after the second patch did they spawn.

The mobs where made blue, but now they still cast the spells the same as the 6th floor.

The 2 halls on the left have all Dralvog guards and few skeletons with no "returned" like your left or mine?

Left from the zone in you have 2 skeletons. Then you have 4 guards and 1 skeleton. Anyways, I'm pretty sure the guards didn't "always" spawn on that floor for ToV.

As for the regular zone of tofs, it doesn't really matter. It would take a dev confirming that the guards could also spawn the key guy(which in pretty sure he can't)
  12. Pip Developer

This is my bad. Those were changed but the names were not. Essentially, I moved the headstones but I didn't move the bodies!

Ahem...fixed internally.
    Winnowyl and Celephane like this.
  13. Runzen Elder

can we do a force to fix this ? tons of people stuck on quests behind keys
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If it is just the name that needs changing, can they spawn the ground floor key dropper?

I know before the patch we spawned the 6th floor chain, and between those of us in the group managed to get up there to get a 6th floor key to the 7th floor. But we still need to get 1 of our group a key from the ground floor.
  15. Mazame Augur

From the zone in the 1st room is a sharp left had 2 skele in it. the 2nd hall on the left had a skele in the hall and a guard that roams the hall and 3 guards in the back room.

The day I got my key I was in a pick alone and was keeping those 2 rooms cleared.
    When those where Cleared I was pulling the room that the center right hall. it then splits into two rooms .
  16. Dewey Augur

So fixed internally. Does this mean we have to wait another month for the fix?
  17. enclee Augur

You already know the answer to that, lol.
  18. Pip Developer

My humblest apologies, I was unintentionally vague. The issue that I fixed was the 6th floor mobs spawning on the first floor, with that fix there was one mob that got mixed up. I have since fixed that, and updated the names to reflect how it is supposed to correctly work. A "forced patch" wont be required as the key still currently drops on the first floor to get to the second floor, just not as often at the moment. The mob that got missed will still spawn on the first floor till we patch again. I have quadruple checked the data to ensure that this will be fixed.

The other confusion is the names, that was what I was referring to earlier as I thought that was the real issue here, but was sorely mistaken when I looked further into the data.

I SINCERELY apologize for any inconveniences this will cause players till we get that data patched. Just know that the second floor key DOES spawn on the first floor using the same mechanics as before.

Please let me know if there is any other further mixups/confusions I can help clear up about the TOFS 1st floor. I'll try to answer as honestly as I can without giving up mechanics.
    enclee, Yinla, Winnowyl and 1 other person like this.
  19. enclee Augur

Too many words, I can only understand things in meme format.
    Mintalie, svann and Pip like this.
  20. Pip Developer

Cowabunga it is then
    Fanra, enclee, Yinla and 1 other person like this.