Fixed Internally Hanging when logging out

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Yinla, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Dega Elder

Still hanging on black when hitting the quit button, didnt really wait for it to continue to old login , BUT now as SOON as I open up taskmanager it quits out as in there are no failed reset boxes to click to shut it downetc all processes for eq are shut down and the game is shut down just by openeing taskmanager, dont even have to do anything in there.
    Johnc likes this.
  2. Gamzum New Member

Logging from character select to server select blacks out on me as well. Been that way for months regardless of whatever account I use
  3. Kroh Journeyman

Yep, same issue even on fresh install.
  4. Risiko Augur

Has there been any movement on issue #1 in this thread?
  5. JChan Developer

We think we may have fixed the last remaining issue that was causing this and deployed it to live in today's update. Please let us know if this is still happening to you in this thread.
    p2aa, Sancus, Shaantara and 7 others like this.
  6. Rondor Augur

The hang-instead-of-server-select problem is finally fixed in my case:

I tried going to character select and hitting esc and/or pressing the Quit button, and now it got to the server select screen whereas before it would crash/stall and to get out of that I always had to ESC-then-alt-F4 to shut down the client the hard way. Also the "/camp server" command finally works again and brings me to the server select screen instead of getting into the stuck/crashed state.

Thank you for the fix!
    Herf likes this.
  7. Dega Elder

Yep its fixed thx :)
  8. That0neguy Augur

confirmed, was able to go from char select to server select with no issue.
  9. Ranor Lorekeeper

Fixed here as well thank you. :)
  10. Herf Augur

Praise Cazic, it is fixed!!
  11. Raytan Augur

Thank you. Fixed for me. I hope for everyone else. Much nicer. Cheers!!!
  12. Risiko Augur

Jchan for employee of the year!
  13. JChan Developer

You can thank Niente for fixing this final hard to track down issue!
    Ranor, p2aa, Dzarn and 4 others like this.
  14. smash Augur

NOT fixed
    Johnc likes this.
  15. JChan Developer

Which issue are you still experiencing?

Issue 1: Eventually you get to the old login screen if you wait some minutes (around 5)
    Issue 2: You never get to the old login screen and the process stops responding

Issue 1 is related to trying to reconnect to our login server but something is having issues reconnecting, it times out, and decides to send you back to the "reset" state. Please PM me your account name, server, exact time this happened last, and the last 100 lines or so of your dbg.txt file (found in Logs directory).

Issue 2 it sounds like your client is stuck in an infinite loop. The next time this happens I'll need you to create a dump file using Task Manager. See https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/debugger/2009/12/30/what-is-a-dump-and-how-do-i-create-one/ "To create a dump using Task Manager". Once you have one of these, PM me and I'll provide information on how to send it to us.
  16. That0neguy Augur

Care to share what it was and why it was so difficult to track down?
  17. Risiko Augur

Either way, it fixed the issue for me.
  18. Malbro Augur

Yes, thank you. It is fixed for me also.
  19. Qbert Gallifreyan

I'm not sure if it is related, so I'm hesitant to post it here, but:

Today, I had a new variation on the theme. I did a standard /camp. I was in the lobby, so I elected to camp immediately with the dialog box instead of waiting for the 30 second timer. Instead of the normal behavior of putting me at character select, it dumped me to server select. Furthermore, upon trying to get back into the server it said I was still in game so I had to boot myself to get back to character select.
  20. JChan Developer

This sounds like a different issue. If you were on a world that was experiencing a lag spike it's possible it would have kicked you back to server select instead of character select. That is expected and normal behavior if your client thinks the world went down (due to a lag spike or actual server down).