Pet Peeves What's yours?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dyna, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Saelemdar Journeyman

Mages that forget to turn of pet taunt on raids. I can't remember the last raid where mages didn't have to be told this.
  2. svann Augur

IRL, drivers that stop before turning when they dont have to.
    Kurage_of_Luclin, Vumad and Allayna like this.
  3. Celephane Augur

Whew, thought you meant me for a moment...but the second part doesn't apply to me, so all is well
  4. Sedge New Member

Bazaar sellers that are invisible. So I ran all the way up here and still have to ship it to parcels?
  5. Xyza Apprentice

Mezzing myself with AE..Dumb
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  6. Snack Augur

People that take me too literally or seriously in /1
  7. Braveheart Augur

Deathbowl.... enough said
    Whulfgar likes this.
  8. Zamiam Augur

yes it would be nice if 99% of illusions could ride mounts ...
    I would like a Gate clicky keyring ..
    Kurage_of_Luclin, Vumad and Winnowyl like this.
  9. Zamiam Augur

lol this .. I so hate this .. I took the time to get my exercise in and try to save a few pp and the dude is invisible and it must be sos cause even see invis dont work ..
  10. Windance Augur

Having my corpse poof to location 0,0 and not being able to get a rez with out someone figuring out where it went.
    Allayna likes this.
  11. Zamiam Augur

isnt that what GL is for ? or is this a progresion server ?
  12. Wulerdar Gnome Slayer

People that ask for things with plz instead of please

Gnomes in any format
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  13. Moege Augur

The clicky for TDS that does not give gnome pirate on first click then you have to click till you are a nome!
  14. Schadenfreude Augur

Move to where the trader is and camp to character select right in front of them (you want to target them the minute you get back in game). When you come back you have a short amount of time when they will be visible and can be interacted with.
  15. Zamiam Augur

that seems like alot of extra work for the off chance you might be able to interact with them when you log in for a brief time..

even though its not ideal and not the reason you traveled all the way to baz for .. can always purchase it thru the Buy button .. although if im honest peeps who hide themselves really dont want my pp so if there is another trader selling same item for maybe a lil bit more i'll buy from them instead .. I mean if I was gonna pay a vig by buying it from the invis merchant might as well stiff him and buy it from a merchant that wants my dough ..
  16. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

When Whulfgar's 1-900-DUDEZOR l33t strat line is busy and can't get through. :D Or when I dial and don't get the sexy sounding azn gurl to get my game tips from.
  17. Schadenfreude Augur

It's a server sync bug and nothing to do with the trader "hiding" themselves and my reply was a suggested workaround for the person who brought it up. Personally I'm quite happy to take an extra 60 seconds out of my day rather than pay a premium of 200,000 plat but you do you.
    Allayna likes this.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I absolutely had to fix those two for you, your version was even more annoyingly wrong than the one that irks you.
    Graves and Winnowyl like this.
  19. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

Allow me to help clear some things up, and shut some doors to possible objections. (I've been at this for a while).

Luclin is pronounced "Loose-Len". It is clearly derived from:
    And if that doesn't do it for you, then just remember the word 'Lucifer' exists. That takes care of the Sir Lucan objection that was brought up. Case closed.

And since we're here:
    Gif is pronounced like Gift. It really doesn't get any simpler than that.
    If it was supposed to be pronounced like "Jif", then why did the peanut butter company chose their spelling? Because we all instinctively know that's how you spell the soft G sound.
    The inventor of this technology invented a compression and file storage algorithm for images- he invented the "Graphic Interchange Format". He did not invent the acronym for it, that was merely a side effect of the words he chose. He also is not a linguist and didn't invent the English language.
    Say the word Gift. Now, say it again, but stop before you enunciate the T. Case closed.
  20. Razorfall Augur

My pet peeve is seeing people who are clearly botting.

Why are your characters moving like pets and warping around the mob when it moves slightly? Why do they move from a home position, kill a mob, and move back to that same exact spot with perfect precision?

Why are there just groups and groups of people in old zones just AFK botting one npc over and over?

I see you and I have reported you. Several times. And yet there you are back in the same spot the very next day.

*PTERADACTYL NOISES*