Fixed Internally ToV "Enhanced Velium" Weapon Hitting For Wrong Damage

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Gorehammer, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Gorehammer Lorekeeper

Item in question: Enhanced Velium Great Sword (SK/PAL). 37 delay, and aug'd to 801 dmg via Black Diamond of Crippling and Reactive Velium Infused Gem of Devastation.

In summary, this player-made raid 2-hander from ToV is erroneously hitting for only 279 damage more than the TBL raid weapon of same delay, despite mine currently having +114 displayed weapon damage more than its predecessor. The expected hit increase should be in the thousands, not the hundreds.

The Details:
    The following was observed and reproducible on multiple days as a 115 SK against a blue-con test dummy with no disciplines active, while possessing all relevant melee AA's. The 3 weapons used all have 37 delay and no elemental damage.
    Note: Each weapon shows 5k-7k "extra" damage on occasional crits. I'm not sure what mechanic(s) allows for this, therefore the "Most common crit" amount is referenced instead. "Max hit" values are unwavering and reliable.

Weapon 1: Velium Infused Great Sword (ToV Group Player-Made) - 596/37, Dmg Bonus: 697 (No augs)
    Max hit (non-crit): 34489
    Most common crit: 122949

Weapon 2: Ascending Sun Great Sword (TBL Raid Player-Made) - 687/37, Dmg Bonus: 803 (+20 dmg aug)
    Max hit (non-crit): 38879
    Most common crit: 140833

Weapon 3: Velium Enhanced Great Sword (ToV Raid Player-Made) - 801/37, Dmg Bonus: 937 (+27 total dmg augs)
    Max hit (non-crit): 39158
    Most common crit: 141566

As you can see, the displayed +91 dmg increase going from Weapon 1 to Weapon 2 resulted in the max hit (non-crit) increasing by 4390, while the +114 dmg upgrade from Weapon 2 to Weapon 3 resulted in a mere 279 increase to the max hit.

Knight 2H melee damage is already in a sad state, so not getting to upgrade our weapons is kicking a man when he's down. Knight 1H melee is on par with turning auto-attack off, but that's an issue for another day.

I don't know if this bug is occuring with any other ToV weapons, but I would urge others to run a quick test for themselves so we can help fix all impacted weapons/classes sooner.
    Wulfhere, Morigaine, Sark and 20 others like this.
  2. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

I would also put this in the Veteran forum so that it receives the attention it deserves. Posts seem to get lost here in this forum.
    Gorehammer and Funky like this.
  3. Gorehammer Lorekeeper

Good idea, it would help if others checked their own weapons, too. Post created.
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

What are you doing causing the damage bonus to change between 3 weapons with the same delay.
  5. Gorehammer Lorekeeper

Just reading the displayed item stat for each weapon. No changes on my end.
  6. Transporter Lorekeeper

the base dmg Is different on each. No mystery as to why. Higher dmg bonus increases change with the base dmg or delay goes up. If the dmg was 800 on all the weapons and the dly was 35 44 or 46 it would go up progressively.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

That's my point I guess. Damage bonus is a simple value from a table of weapon delay vs pc level. It should NOT differ between those 3 weapons at all.
  8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

No, damage on the weapon has absolutely nothing to do with damage bonus. It is entirely a function of your level and weapon delay.

But even then, none of that has anything to do with the differences he is reporting in max hit.

Until servers come up, can't check anything though.
  9. Boro Journeyman

I agree it's bugged. I recently got the same weapon, upgraded from Ascending Sun Great Sword and the damage increase is very small. I'm a paladin and I can also confirm that the slays are barely larger also. The max slay increase of the ToV raid great sword (with all stats being the same aside from sword differences) is negligible despite the much larger ratio of the ToV weapon 774/37 vs the TBL weapon 667/37.
    I understand this weapon is currently owned by very few but it is the pinnacle (Knight) two-hander of the expansion and something that many will aspire to get. It should not be a disappointment in any way. Please take a look at the damage output for us and let us know the result. Thanks!
    Allayna and Gorehammer like this.
  10. Redemption Lorekeeper

another paladin in my guild recently got this 2h and noticed the same issue. after parsing done by him a zerker and a monk over an 8 hr period they discovered some conflict with the jann illusion. if wielding the new weapons and wearing the jann illusion you are hitting for less than if you remove the illusion. not sure if that is the only issue at play here but is a signifigant one.
  11. Duder Augur

"Max hit" is semi-significant data. "Most common crit" is not very valuable if at all. The significant data lies in averages.

How much has your average non-crit hit increased? How much has your average crit-damage hit increased? Average Lucky-Crit with what luck amount? Average hit amount with each weapon overall?
  12. Riou EQResource

They changed Damage Bonus awhile ago (maybe 4-5 years or so ago)
    current Damage Bonus Formulas:
    1h: (max(level, damage) x min(50, delay) x level x 80) / 400000
    2h: (max(level, damage) x min(50, delay) x level x 110) / 400000
  13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Son of a...must have missed that when I was mostly only raiding when my oldest son was an infant I guess.
  14. Firepawz New Member

Did some basic parsing weapons from TBL and TOV. All 36 delay, same 24 damage aug. These test were done with just attack on to capture weapon damage. The first two test were no disc, the next two test were running brutal only. I did a final test without Jann's to see if it made a difference.

Zerker Weapon Test
    TOV 711/36
    Time 602 Max Hit 270577 Avg Hit 32194 Total 54118333 DPS 89897
    TOV 500/36
    Time 601 Max Hit 280209 Avg Hit 26220 Total 44654275 DPS 74299
    TBL 616/36
    Time 604 Max Hit 270343 Avg Hit 29474 Total 50931454 DPS 84323

Disc
    TOV 711/36
    Time 601 Max Hit 580981 Avg Hit 104874 Total 433358229 DPS 721061
    TOV 500/36
    Time 605 Max Hit 581985 Avg Hit 78891 Total 324006615 DPS 535548
    TBL 616/36
    Time 602 Max Hit 581777 Avg Hit 95307 Total 396763176 DPS 659075

Disc No Jann's
    TOV 711/36
    Time 602 Max Hit 581850 Avg Hit 107610 Total 438188400 DPS 727887

Summary, no disc jump from 116 damage was about 10k dps with disc 123.5k, jump to 95 damage to top Tov damage weapon from top TBL damage weapon was about 5k dps and with disc 62k. In short we are getting approximately half of the gains from ToV raid weapon than with TBL raid weapon. This explains in part why people that were never parsing near me, are now close or exceeded with only a weapon change.

Is anyone aware of a damage cap on weapons?
    Gorehammer likes this.
  15. Duder Augur

But there is a DPS increase?
  16. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Would really like a dev to check on this. Seems like almost everything posts since the patch has some status update, but this one languishes.
  17. a_Paladin_Main82813 New Member

115 max offensive aa Paladin unbuffed vs. dummy in guild hall

I am Seeing TWO different issues
    1) TOV Knight 2hander does the same (Within <1% Margin) damage of the old Ascending raid weapon. (It should be 15% higher damage than it is)
    2) "Illusion Benefit Greater Jann" is lowering the damage of hits, but may barely make up for it with the double attack boost it gives when looking at DPS. I am saying the Hits on average are less damage with buff on.

Max H = Max normal non-crit hit damage
    Max C = Max critical hit damage
    Max S = Max Slay damage
    U"weapon dmg/delay" = Unbuffed (only Two Handed Proficiency)
    J"weapon dmg/delay" = Jann's Buff & Two Handed Proficiency, no other buffs

Sword --- Max H -- Max C --- Max S
    U798/37: 37,153 - 122,786 - 1,036,163
    J798/37: 35,389 - 121,022 - 1,034,399
    U689/37: 36,975 - 122,458 - 1,034,235
    J689/37: 35,211 - 120,694 - 1,032,471

Weapons used:
    Velium Enhanced Great Sword 798/37 with 24 damage aug.
    Ascending Sun Greatsword 689/37 with 22dmg aug.
    *I have also tried multiple parses with taking all damage augs out and using same damage augs in both weapons, with no major differences in %

This new sword 798/37 should have normal hits near to 42k, crits 140k, and slays near 1.2mil damage. (Unbuffed)

Please DEVS, take a look at these issues. I have gone back to using my old raid 2hander without Jann's on. Big burns on raids and group settings seem to net better DPS numbers with the older Ascending 2hander vs. my new TOV weapon.
    Gorehammer, Allayna, Boro and 2 others like this.
  18. Gokulot Apprentice

I have chosen to forego the the ToV weapon for now, so I can't speak to any sort of..."damage cap" aspect, but the min/max differences do not appear to have anything to do with the Jann buff specifically. It's more that the consolidated, delay-scaled damage bonuses like Weapon Mastery of the Knight, appear to be based on the hasted delay of the weapon. Jann benefit has haste built into it, which causes those min/max discrepancies you are seeing if you are otherwise unbuffed. Not using Jann's, when you have an alternate source of haste already on you, is a detriment.

Tested on a dummy, with a variety of settings, 691/37 Ascending Sun Greatsword

217% haste, No Jann buff:
    Minimum Normal: 9,090
    Maximum Normal: 36,132

217% haste, Jann buff:
    Minimum Normal: 9,115 (+25 as expected)
    Maximum Normal: 36,157 (+25 as expected)

162% haste, No Jann buff (to avoid Jann haste)
    Minimum Normal: 10,971
    Maximum Normal: 38,013

117% haste, No Jann buff (RIP belt)
    Minimum Normal: 14,044
    Maximum Normal: 40,862
    Sancus, Duder and Riou like this.
  19. a_Paladin_Main82813 New Member

Thanks Gokulot for that added Information.

On another occasion I had tried it with an alternate haste on (Used SOB Bard haste 50attack + haste), but I was more focused on trying to figure out the new 2H damage differences than why the damage seemed to lower with Jann's. I will have to check again after servers come back up.

Is that working as intended? Or is it a logic issue after the AA's were combined? I don't have any older information to go back to compare to.
  20. Soulbanshee Augur

Are you expecting a linear improvement with a 1:1 correlation between base weapon damage and the increase in average hit? What do the increases in weapon damage and average hit look like for raid weapons prior to TBL? Are base weapon proc increases being considered in this? Maybe the scaling of the combat proc is lower from level 110 to level 115.