VR Kelethin

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Blackburrow23, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Blackburrow23 Elder

Daybreak needs to hire this guy! He seems to be learning the unreal engine and is making himself a Kelethin while doing it. He also made himself a Orc to play with. His name is Cobaltgnawl on reddit.

Prathun, Zamiam, code-zero and 10 others like this.
  2. Tiggold Augur

This made my day :)
  3. Maedhros High King

Wow thats pretty awesome!
  4. IblisTheMage Augur

That is amazing :).

1. Did he port the gfx somehow from EQ?
    2. What are the implications of this: could DG use this approach to anything?
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Figuring out the EQ file-format is probably the hardest part, as I guess the file-format for unreal-levels is well documented. (assuming He didn't made the kelethin-map by hand).

I doubt DBG can use this for anything, tbh.
    DBG already have level editors for EQ, and it would probably not take them long to port a level into the unreal engine themselves if they wanted to.

This does not mean that EQ can be easily ported to the unreal-engine at all.
    At best it could mean that some unreal-modders discovered that a few EQ zones might make a neat deathmatch-map or something. :)
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  6. Nniki Augur

Looked like he had a bit of ale before he started recording that.
  7. Maedhros High King

Running sideways and in pretty unrealistic ways is exactly why the engine is called unreal.
  8. Thrillho Augur

Entirely inaccurate. First, he didn't fall off at all. Second, when he did finally drop down, he didn't even die! Come on.

Looks pretty cool. Definitely brings back memories of my first days in EQ.
  9. Bigstomp Augur

Really cool video. And that zone used to terrify me of falling off.
  10. Tamaden Elder

I would never play a game that looks like that. Why you ask? Simple, They try to make more realistic and it far from it LAME as hell, i prefer games that looks like games to escape real world, not to move to poorly made one......go out side that's like 2,000,000 better graphic lamos.......
  11. Eznertob New Member

Prathun likes this.
  12. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Two questions:

1. What are the stats on the ball gun?
    2. What mob drops it?

I definitely would have come over to play on the lighter side of Norrath if I knew they had ball guns.
  13. shattered_dream Journeyman

The thing is, he is not actually making EQ in VR. He is exporting the zones, putting them in Blender, inverting normals, then exporting as an FBX and dropping into the engine adding a collider so you can walk.
    Not to say that isn't cool, I did the same thing at first until i started to actually remake the zones in VR with updated graphics.

I have not put in combat because I just wanted to walk around the zones for an experience. Plus if you make it too much like a game, then I am sure DBG would say something. So far they have left me alone.
    Vumad likes this.