Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dreamweaver, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Exgi20 New Member

I like it......kind of sounds like "The Good Place".
  2. Rhek New Member

I like this concept, but it'd need to be fleshed out a lot. This would be a big pain in the to level up alts on a server set up like this
  3. Groans Augur

Yes, with AOC truebox is not needed.
  4. GugokSkulkraker Lorekeeper

Truebox is awesome, what isn't awesome is lack of enforcement. Allowing people to bypass with VMs or streaming from Steam, or any number of workarounds makes it far less effective. They also need to get serious about stopping the botters. People bot with impunity of Mangler and nothing is done. It's been that way since the start of the server.

If you want truebox to work it has to be a level playing field as many have said.
  5. Kalantha.Mangler New Member

This is exactly correct. In Luclin, for example, one of the best XP zones is The Deep... but it's impossible to get a group there when botters sit on the main camps with a full group +1 and sell the other 5 spots for Krono. In earlier expansions, excellent loot/xp camps are perma-camped as well (from lower level stuff like Efreeti all the way up to plate cycles), and no open world targets are ever up because they're massacred within minutes of popping.

There are WAY too many cheaters on these supposed "Truebox" servers, and your proposed idea - to just make cheating legal by offering non-Truebox servers - is going to turn even more people off.
  6. Klang Lorekeeper

I'm all for a non-Truebox progression server with AOCs.

I de-activated my accounts when it looked like there was only going to be "Truebox" progression servers. I could see coming back with some friends if we got something new. FV ruleset would be a real added bonus.
  7. Machen New Member

First, it's not cheating if it's within the rules. Boxing will not be cheating. AFK play will still be illegal, as it is on all servers.

But second, if it's going to turn more people off, maybe just don't play on that server? We're just asking for one, after a whole bunch of truebox TLP's with AoC's. Just one.
    Fraggly likes this.
  8. Sythrak20 Elder

If you think enforcing truebox would correct any of those camps you listed you’re delusional. Even 20 years ago when the camps were discovered they were perma camped. The real solution is to lower pick thresholds and maybe stop running the game on TI-85s so the servers can handle the extra load.
  9. zurgar Journeyman

How about this...
    -1 non truebox, with AoC and not super fast unlocks.
    -1 true-box server, anyone caught boxing over 6 toons gets banned from the server, or toons are transferred over to the non truebox server.

-FV rules would be a huge bonus
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

They aren't going to actively police anything. Look at mangler. Leaf spawn automated for months. No ban, but they changed the way the spawn works. They're not looking to go after abusers directly.
  11. Leifer Augur

I haven't subbed for months but I keep checking back to see if a new non-truebox server ever comes about. Personally, I would sub 3 accounts plus purchase krono, bags and pots.

I would imagine a high revenue server would be non-truebox, with AoC, medium unlocks, medium xp rate and FV rules. The purchase of Krono along with bags and potions would be fantastic for Darkpaw. Casual players could play several accounts on one box, purchase Krono and buy high end gear.

I don't have time to play truebox (please don't say buy a bunch of cheap computers). I don't want to feel the wrath of the wife, while also taking up room in my precious man cave. It's embarrassing enough that a 50 yr old man plays MMOs, I don't need to rub it in the family's faces that I'm pounding on several different computers all at once.

I love the game and love to raid on weekends and group when I can, but only an hour or two on weeknights keeps me from progress if I can't play mult-toons. Back in '99 I could play EQ 8+ hours every day, but I work 50 hours a week and have a family now. P99 has too toxic of a community and the QoL gameplay lacks significantly so I don't play there anymore either.
  12. PVPme Augur

Non-truebox = cheating is okay = hard pass

Truebox or bust!
  13. Fraggly Augur

Truebox = for slow boomers who think turning on auto attack is engaging = hard pass.
    Truebox = BOT infested scripters ruining the economy cheating server = hard pass.
    Truebox = minimal groups after 10PM Pacific = hard pass.

Rules = my opinion with little to no facts = must be bad.

Trolling is fun, maybe some day they will make a PvP server discussion thread to troll as well.

Yeah right!!! :D
    code-zero likes this.
  14. PVPme Augur

Sorry I don't wanna play on a server where most groups are one person with scripted boxes. MacaroniQuest would be so blatant and rampant on a TLP non-truebox it would be Magefire all over. Please spare us daybreak.

Hopefully they do at least 1 truebox to go with it if they do indeed release a non-truebox.
  15. Jhaerik Journeyman

Personally I just never cared what other people were doing so much. Doesn't matter if it's 1 person or 6 a group of people farming is a group of people farming. If anything the boxed group is going to be farming far less effectively so is even less of an issue.
    Fraggly likes this.
  16. Zi0nized New Member

I'm fairly casual (i pay 3-5 months per year) but I would pay 2 or 3 accounts to box a new progression without truebox. I really liked playing on Lockjaw.
    Fraggly likes this.
  17. Fraggly Augur

So don't play on it, just like the majority of people wouldn't play on a PvP server. Crazy, far out thinking, i know.

I hope they do a truebox alongside it as well, continue your never ending cycle of classic-luclin with all the AFK auto-BOTs.
  18. PVPme Augur

AFK bots aren't the issue as you can just train them and they are usually ineffective, or at the very least are providing items most people would prefer to just buy and not farm.

Its the actual player with their automated 5-40 toons following them, who are all fully automated assisting/casting spells etc. This is acceptable on live servers and the third party software is free and as simple as /bot on. Luckily this is really minimal on TLPs so far thanks to truebox.

I will enjoy the anger threads/screenshots of the 40 mages sitting on efreeti though if they do release a new non-truebox.
  19. Yosemite Journeyman

We've done non-truebox servers before and I clearly remember the mess it made. Don't be stupid.
    PVPme likes this.
  20. code-zero Augur

Perhaps those who want no true box would rather deal with mage armies instead of tattling, training busybodies
    Fraggly likes this.