Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Angahran Augur

There really needs to be a way to buy 'services' from a merchant.
    So, instead of buying a useless item you're just going to hand back to the NPC, you just pay for "Set portal to xxx", they take the payment and switch the portal.

Or if that would involve too much new functionality, clone one of the LDoN Magus's and have their script give all the portal locations. Then you'd just /say whatever zone you want, they take the payment and switch the portal.
  2. Bobokin Augur

"Beam us down, Scotty"

Maybe, but is it really that difficult? Having the stone stay on the cursor means it can be used or bagged. The trouble with that is that there is a greater chance to accidentally sell it back to the portal vendor if the window is still open.

What I believe is more of a pain is that the game doesn't keep track of the last port of call when there are no characters in the guild hall for a short period of time. Sometimes I want to string up that port vendor for making me pay again even though I know no changes were made to the port location since the last time I was in the guild hall.
  3. Darchon_Xegony Augur

A currency vendor in PoK that will take Krono for certain marketplace items. Things like character transfer tokens, renamings, mercenary slots, character slots, etc. I think that would be cool.
  4. Zamiam Augur

Why would DB trade Char tokens for a krono ? or any other marketplace items either DB would be getting the short end or the players would ..

Krono = $18 (if bought from DB)
    Char transfer token is like $25 SC ..
    why would DB take 1 krono for a transfer token or
    why would a player give 2 krono for a transfer token ?
  5. Ueauvan Journeyman

i use to end game raid years ago but rl changed that. i have 3 gold accounts (1 for life) my highest char is 92. my guild splintered, all my friends have gone elsewhere either in rl or changed servers. i am 3 boxing alts around 80 that i got up there normally. i have wierd playing times because of my other half being ill so i cant guarantee when i can play.
    the exp is so slow and painful, let alone the mobs that hit so hard from faerott up compared to valdeholm. i have 26/26 expansions on all 3 accs and my main is over 19 years old w. how the hell do level up? i want to experience the content but unless you get latest buffs you die easily, or i do as im not as young as i used to be and have retired. you can heroic a char up to 85. why arent there options to level from say 80 to 100 or 80 to 105? and if someones answer is find a group i have logs where stony silence follow multiple requests to find a group. i want to play the game but frankly the grind normal pve us too hard for me personally. im not after uber loot i just want to wander around and have some fun sometimes
  6. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

A storage box like EQ2 has for tradeskill items that I can allow access to other accounts if I desire
  7. Caisy Master

Probably been said, but I can't read 85 pages. Account to Account transfers. How this worked for like 16 years and suddenly nobody can figure out how this works anymore is beyond me. For years the site has been saying a few more months maybe. This is ridiculous.
    kroag, Nadisia and Celephane like this.
  8. Zamiam Augur

this may have been mentioned before , but how bout a few shared bank spaces that can transverse all Servers .. so if i have an Heirloomable item that i want a toon on a different server to have i just put it in said shared bank space and within a few hours or maybe instant it is avail on any server on that account .. ?
    Yinla and Celephane like this.
  9. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Because some people trade for krono and don’t value them the same as the sale price.
  10. svann Augur

Because the player got the kronos for practically nothing (didnt pay cash) and he has tons of them. Same reason a player would trade 10 kronos for a weapon that is equal to last year's raid weapons.
  11. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Please :
    Swap the aggro effect on the ranger self proc spells Howling Blade strike, and Devistating velium Strike? I would work better for rangers to have the increased aggro effect with the Howling blade strike and reduced aggro with the Devistating Velium Strike.

Cut the minimum bow distance in half for bow DPS in small spaces and reduce the lost shots due to mob positioning.

Add a new arrow (maybe with bane vs undead) or allow for Shadowspike Arrow to be affected by endless quiver aa.
  12. Dances Journeyman

How about an anniversary quest/task this coming year that, as a reward gives Mercenary AA as an option .Please
    Annastasya and eqgamer like this.
  13. Snack Augur

I, also, am not reading stuff...but combines using vendor bought items -- just tell me it's 24pp 5g 1s 5c per combine instead of making me run back and forth. If I happen to have some of the items in my inventory (or bank or house) use those first and then start sucking pp.

If I have one drop component + five vendor components, make me pay X pp + my drop component per combine.
  14. svann Augur

Id like it if I could get a text when servers come up.
    Yinla likes this.
  15. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I may have mentioned it before, but the ability to set filter settings by containers would be nice.

Currently we have containers that will only accept Collectibles or Tradeskill items.

I’d like to see an advanced Loot window that lets us filter items with specific flags into specific containers.

All Tradeskill flagged items go into Bags in slot 9&10.
    All collectible items go into Bag in slot 8
    All edible items go into Bag in slot 1
    All wearable items/weapons go into Bag in slot 4
    All quest items go into Bag in slot 7

Etc. Then let us set a hierarchy. If an item has multiple item flags like being both a quest item and a Tradeskill flagged item, we can set it to filter items into bags first assess Quest flag then Tradeskill then Edible then Collectible then Worn item.

If this could be done I’d also like to see Fishing and Foraging auto-skillable like the combat abilities like Kick/Bash. After a certain skill level it should become innate for our character to forage or fish (given they have a fishing rod). Doing this should autoinventory the resulting item(s). It would be really nice to have the game automatically do foraging rather than binding a movement Hotkey to a forage macro etc.
    Caell likes this.
  16. Angahran Augur

Tag tradeskill containers 'no eat'.
    When fishing I have a tradeskill bag in the first slot to catch anything useful.
    If I catch something that is also tagged as edible I don't want to eat it.
    Funky, Daedly, Szilent and 2 others like this.
  17. Ravanta Suffer Augur

You can fix that problem yourself.

First bag should be full when you fish. Personally, my first bag is ALWAYS full, because it's full of clicks items. Some of them I use, some of them I don't. In that bag (in the first two slots) is a stack of food/drink.

Bag 2 is a collections bag. (if you don't have a collections bag you can skip this)

Bag 3 is a tradeskill bag. Personally I picked up a couple trademaster's component satchels, but I'm only using one now. Bag 4 can also be a tradeskill bag if you like.

Do whatever you like with the rest of the bags. :)
  18. Daedly Augur

Add a way to convert items without having to inspect it.

Example: TBL lamp converts when I hold Alt+Ctrl and left click on it.
  19. Blastoff Augur

Allow crafting from bank stored reagents! This would help alleviate having to sort through boatloads of ts mats big time.
  20. SijandiStraightarrow Fold of the Black Talon / Lanys T'vyl

Don't know if it's been mentioned in the past 85 pages, and not going to go through them all to find out.
    Mounts in the lobby, which cause many players lag and which don't receive buffs, seems to be an exception to the no mounts in inside zones.
    Jester (veteran's benefit) in the lobby for days on end is annoying for many people. The constant spamming of text, shrinking/growing and other annoying characteristics of what is almost certainly the most ridiculous veteran's benefit ever given in EQ. I can count on one hand the number of times I've triggered that specific benefit, and I certainly didn't park in the lobby for days on end annoying other players.
    If it's a bug like I've seen with pets left in the lobby on occasion, the code should be fixed. I've seen pets abandoned for several days which finally disappeared without server going down, but this is the first time I've seen a jester in the lobby for days on end (Tunare server) in all the years I've played EQ (early 2000).
    I strongly suggest removing the exception for mounts in the lobby.