Tips/Strategy's -- Icebound Avatar - (Kael Drakkel Mission)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Daedly, Dec 20, 2019.

1. svann Augur

Other classes have tricks to help the tank out if healer gets called. Bard can deftdance then dissonant chord (ae taunt) to take over for a bit. Dont forget to fade just before deftdance finishes.
  2. Tucoh Augur

Nice kill! Very clean for the part i watched.
  3. Triconix Augur

We've done it plenty without the SK, especially since he and I are done with augs. It's a super simple mission and I've healed it by myself on my exclusively group geared sham. I have yet to find a time where a 2nd healer is ever required for this if you're running raid toons. I purposely save my clicky heals and flash in case the healer is called, but even then I rarely "need" them.

Our more recent group is more along the lines of war, sham, bard, monk, zerker and ranger. The dps classes fluctuate depending on who is on at the time in our fellowship.

As for the ducking, I've run this mission more times than I care to remember and I have yet to get a duck emote while tanking. Not a single emote in probably 50+ runs of this mission.
  4. Tucoh Augur

Agree with everything here. In the ~10 runs I did (which is nothing compared to folks farming the type 5 augs) I never got the emote on my tank. I also single-healed it with my shaman with a TBL-group geared tank without much issue. The DPS the tank receives is not that significant if you keep the adds dead.

Anyone having trouble should watch Bronut's video: keep the first phase controlled, keep the adds dead and this isn't a tough fight.
  5. Cloud the Third Augur

There is this cool trick to win this event easy. Get everyone in your group to duck and say All Hail Rallos Zek!
  6. enclee Augur

I still need the achievement for letting the Avatar kill all the undead giants, but it takes forever.
  7. Daedly Augur

Man that's a lot of EQ instances with what looks like relatively no lag. I must have my computer setup all wrong, I tend to lag a little with 6 and definitely with 7.

Love your target ring and you make me think I need to use more effort to switch between characters when boxing. I use autofollow and pretty much run everything from my SK's screen and just hope that the background characters are doing what I have them setup to do with the key broadcasting.
  8. The real Sandaormo Augur

I think most groups not boxing this would have 2 Restless giants under 24% for each Rallos AE( 3 if they have 2 healers ) Will cut out 4 to 6 minutes on this part. Just be careful at the end, need that last Restless dead to AE before Rallos's health gets too low.

Second part is just burn down Rallos.
  9. Whulfgar Augur

If your not highly skilled at boxing. This mission will suck for you. Looking at your signature on the forums clearly indicates to me you trying to box this mission. If you do box this mission are you not using I s box er ?

At any rate you have to be REALLY fast at knowing exactly which toon is which eq instance for when the "kneel" mechanic rear's its head. I also notice you use 2 healers shaman / cleric .. with a Sk and ber being your only real DPS .. (yes I see you also run a bard, but boxed bards are never as good a dps as they should be from every single thing I've ever seen)

That means you have low dps .. an basically power heal through most missions. Just listen for the kneel emot an your golden.
  10. Whulfgar Augur

Any good tank (and all tank classes now have a 1 tick immune to melee dam from front every minute and a half reuse capability) and the emots are generally 2 min apart .. (iirc) it does not matter. I've ran this with 1 healer in grp and it was not a prob..
  11. Daedly Augur

Beat it like a week or two after that original post.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  12. Whulfgar Augur

Congradulations =)
  13. Vlad_Drinal New Member

There is this cool trick to win this event easy. Get everyone in your group to duck and say All Hail Rallos Zek!
    what would that actually do besides kill everyone not tanking healing dpsing :p
  14. Ashigaru Augur

Whulfgar: you mentioned that all tanks have an immune to melee damage capability a 90sec reuse (unless I misread). My Shield flash AA has a 240sec timer... am I missing something?
  15. Bigstomp Augur

Warriors refreshes faster. (flash of anger vs shield flash)
  16. Ashigaru Augur

That’s what I thought - but despite in-built SK awesomeness even I miss things sometimes