Alot of good ideas

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Runes, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Runes Augur

Read alot of good ideas for new TLP server and as I am a casual player that does raid consistently but not hardcore, these were the suggestions from other posters I liked the best:

EXP like Mangler at start of its launch

Increase spawn rate for epic piece mobs to reflect a 2-3 month expansion release

Add more keys and shard pieces to loot tables to other mobs in same zones but spread out for static spawn mobs to stop people from holding large amounts of players hostage from being able to progress and enjoy content that needs keying.

Making certain rare mobs and bosses spawn in DZs.

I have never run a chanter or cleric but from spending time helping guild mates try to get their epic pieces, these classes need some lovin tailored for faster TLP unlocks.
    Brunlin likes this.
  2. sumnayin Augur

as opposed to afew?
  3. Aegir Augur

Your problem won't be solved by increased spawn rate of stuff and increased availability, actually, that mechanic encourages normal/hardcores players to help casuals to come to a camp, gain exp etc. And by helping those, you'll get their help when you need it.

Your problem as a casual player, is the moment people start to get to know each other and start packing into network hubs of players, you won't have any Pick up groups left - and that's not a server-rule problem, that's a community issue which, I would probably call human nature. TLP's are fast is progression compared to old EQ. Players won't spend "precious" gameplay time to help or group with people, that are unsure of pushing on - and sustain their own progression.

As a player progressing from lv 1 to 100 on a TLP. I can give you a good advice. TLP is very anti-casual after Kunark. Unless, you just want to play for your self.
  4. Jayjayjay Lorekeeper

We have seen population rapidly drop at some point, mostly after Luclin or PoP. People may think that's because those expansions are not fun, but actually it's wrong. In reality, most casual users quit when they think they can not keep up with the unlock speed. some people insist that xxx server is not deserted for having like xxx active raid guilds. is it? no. there are only hardcore players left on those servers.

Increased spawn rate does not help casual users to make their own progressions. it only help hardcore users to have more items. that's all.

To have healthy population, this game should be able to encourage casual users to keep playing. If unlock speed is like 6 months or even longer for each expansions, hardcore users may complain, but won't leave. because they have nothing to do out of this game, anyways. With longer unlock timer, hardcore users have more chances to farm kronos/plats. because casual users will pay kronos/plats for items. If there are guilds that run open raids, selling drops for kronos/plats, for casual users could be awesome as well. Casual users can keep up with progressions, and hardcore users can make their living, such as buying proper food or paying rent for their house with the money.
    Popknot likes this.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

Doing LDoN or DoN for 6 months would be the most painfully boring thing ever. At 3 months most of these expac start to really drag.