24 hour down time starting tomorrow...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Risiko Augur

I should have realized this before, but for some reason it just now sunk in.

EverQuest is going to be down for 24 hours starting tomorrow (Tuesday) morning, and Planes of Power is supposed to open on the Mangler server on Wednesday (or so I thought).

So, not only are we going to be having a major data center move, but on top of that we are going to have scripts running to modify the data for opening the Planes of Power expansion.

I'm calling it right now. Servers up after 24 hours. Back down for a few hours, and back up. Then thirty minutes later, servers down for a week while they try to figure out why some people have vastly out of era gear, some characters are completely lost, and others have ten times the number of krono/plat they had before the migration.

What are you going to do while Mangler is on extended maintenance for the rest of February? ;)
  2. Moforyguy12345 Augur

Wait for new tlp announcement and hope they add some spice to bring back some players.
    Brunlin and GugokSkulkraker like this.
  3. Herf Augur

[IMG]
    Brunlin and Fraggly like this.
  4. dreamweaver Community Manager

Watching the brand spankin new official discord have periodic meltdowns most likely.
    Duder, Aneuren, Risiko and 1 other person like this.
  5. Herf Augur

...and now I have something to keep me occupied tomorrow! :D
  6. AlaskaJay Lorekeeper

The memes would be glorious though so there's that..
    Herf and Mintalie like this.
  7. Dahaman Augur

Count Coirnav in that nebulous cloud. We get DODH on Wednesday.

DODH has the next XP boost. Will Coirnav have a faster XP rate than Mangler when the dust settles? Ain't holding my breath!

Classic Coirnav XP Rate = 100%
    Gates Coirnav XP Rate = 120%
    DODH Coirnav XP Rate = ___%

Classic Mangler XP Rate = 200%
  8. Zanarnar Augur

I just hope once the dust settles, that mangler doesn't crash weekly :) I too, see the timing as a disaster asking to happen. Patch day + 2 servers unlocking new expansions... not the day I'd pick to change datacenters too.

Kinda like the advice that you should only break one law at a time? Similar advice goes here. Only do one big operation at a time. Move datacenters -> Verify all is well -> Verify again -> Patch -> unlocks

Each -> should be at least a day ;) Instead were speeding, while changing lanes without signaling, not wearing our seat-belt, and high as funk.
  9. Koggar.Bertoxxulous Elder

I think Coirnav probably will be better xp than Mangler when DoDH releases. If it's not, then they'd have to boost the xp by just an INSANE amount to catch it up to live come TSS. My thinking is it'll go something like this:

Mangler launch - exponentially faster than Coirnav at launch

Mangler GoD - significantly faster than Coirnav during GoD

Mangler DoDH - somewhat faster than Coirnav during DoDH

Mangler TSS - Equal to Coirnav TSS
  10. Risiko Augur

lol I was in the discord on Friday night when everything went down. I love the fact that we have an official discord now instead of everybody sitting in the server select chat rooms when things go down.
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
  11. Dailor Augur

People better get a handle on what a meme actually is before they try.
    FluttyMan likes this.
  12. Dahaman Augur

I did a pre-DODH check for Coirnav XP rate and got some Mangler numbers too. It was my first character on Mangler, and I got some surprising numbers. You know what they say about assuming...

Classic Coirnav XP rate:
    Level 1 killing level 1 = 4.000% XP per kill

Gates Coirnav XP rate:
    Level 1 killing level 1 = 4.800% XP per kill
    Level 2 killing level 2 = 2.800% XP per kill

Classic Mangler XP rate:
    Level 1 killing level 1 = 5.200% XP per kill
    Level 2 killing level 2 = 3.029% XP per kill

Normalizing the numbers:

Classic Coirnav = 100%
    Gates Coirnav = 120%
    Classic Mangler = 130% <-- MUCH less than the 200% XP rate I had heard and was expecting

As such, it's a near certainty that Coirnav's XP rate will be higher than Mangler's XP rate come Wednesday. It's also a near certainty that it won't be as high as I was expecting.

With the 3 decimal point fidelity, it should be simple to map ZEMs, group XP bonuses, server XP differences, etc. That might be an interesting piece of info to slowly build over time.
  13. Machen New Member

Historically, they have changes zems often enough to make this a frustrating effort.

The group xp bonuses are published in places on the forums. At least there, what has been announced is accurate.
  14. Dahaman Augur

Agreed. ZEMs would definitely be a time stamped data set.

For posterity, I checked West Freeport (human wizard), East Cabilis (iksar monk), and Steamfont Mountains (gnome rogue) and got 4.800% XP per kill as a level 1 character on Coirnav. That might mean that there is a common ZEM value to use when normalizing.

I did run into an irregularity for level 2 mob XP. Level 2 Decaying Skeletons in WFP gave ~50% XP vs. the other level 2 mobs. Base mob XP differences is another twist that would have to carefully be sifted out of the analysis.

I might test this more formally come TSS for Coirnav. That would yield data directly relevant to live servers as well.
  15. Brunlin Augur

off topic : Speaking of which....how about adding web hooks to the news and announcement channel on the official discord, So we can link announcements to our discord channels?
    Risiko likes this.