CHARACTERS MISSING

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Magedps, Feb 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kivanarri New Member

Same here and my log showed I logged out before the maintenance patch in PoK at the small bank. I realize it's the weekend but this is a pretty big issue.
  2. Bobokin Augur

On which server are these characters missing?

Is it one server or across servers?
  3. Jalerian Elder

Mine is missing on Ragefire.
  4. Jalerian Elder

I have also tried to submit a ticket, but have been unsuccessful. I click on customer support in game and it launches a browser with a log in page. I type in my info and it brings up a page that says "You are almost there. You must verify your email address before contacting Daybreak Games Support." Below that are 4 buttons: Continue with steam, xbox, psn, switch. I have never used any of those on any of my accounts.

What do I do?
  5. legeon New Member

Characters still 'gone'.....
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This also is a bug since no one can sign into EQ with any of those devices. You could post this in bugs forums. Both issues. And maybe try a different browser outside of the game. The in game support ticket thing has never worked well.
  7. Braikkarrii Lorekeeper

3 of my characters are still missing after the unplanned patch.
  8. Braikkarrii Lorekeeper

This comes with the added (and obvious) caveat that this problem is burning away at paid subscription time.
  9. Itaru Journeyman

They restored my character, but now all my items on housing plots are gone...
  10. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Missing characters as well on Luclin
  11. niente Developer

If your characters, real estate, or shared bank are still missing, please submit a ticket to CS and we'll look into it.
  12. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I do hope that any missing characters are not permanently lost in the forthcoming 24 hour data migration.
  13. Newb Tank Not so Newb

We're you attempting to quote CS?
  14. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I was mocking the people who say that when people ask for things like character transfers to be fixed.
    Newb Tank likes this.
  15. niente Developer

Missing characters are still in the database. Sometimes an error occurs and they are disconnected from the account if they load too slowly when the account logs in. This happens very rarely due to corrupt character data. Previously (maybe 2018) a corrupt character would block you from logging into the account at all.

The game now automatically disconnects characters from your account if they take too long to load, which causes the (admittedly scary) disappearance of characters when there are serious DB issues (like on Friday). Rest assured your characters are not really gone, and can be reconnected to the account with a GM command.

Even in cases where characters are missing from the DB (very rare), we can restore them from backup flat files.
    Nennius, Thunderkiks and Quatr like this.
  16. Risiko Augur

What about my... uh... ahem... kronos that are missing. Yeah all 100... er... I mean 1000.. no no.. .10,000 kronos are missing. Can you hook me up... uh I mean give them back to me? ;)
  17. Quatr Augur

This is good to know. Since, as you wrote, it's a scary experience, I wonder if it would be possible to display some kind of notification. Instead of an empty character slot, it could have a label like "Character currently inaccessible, please try again later"?
    Risiko likes this.
  18. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Fun fact; this is basically what happened to Windows 10 desktop search breaking last week.
  19. Natal Augur

I did, but they claimed to have no control over my ex.
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

As busy as you folks are today, I don't expect an immediate answer, but...How often are character files backed up? Is it on log off? Once an hour? Just curious.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.