Not A Bug Death touch as an anti-kite mechanic

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Lianeb, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Lianeb Augur

This is a ridiculous way to prevent kiting on raids.

When the raid starts doing a lot of dps or whatever it is that causes zone lag and mobs to start rubber banding to and from their target, then because of this the target gets death touched for no reason other than the mob is warping around.

Can we either fix this or use a different method to stop kiting.

Mainly seen in the servant of the sleeper raid and I suspect will also see it in ToFS 1 since it was present in beta.
    Tour, Xeladom, Raccoo and 9 others like this.
  2. Cloud the Third Augur

This has nothing to do with kiting. Sounds like you need some better internet I have not seen any rubber banding in those raids... and what does rubber banding have to do with DT? Sounds like you have bad internet connection and the lag is causing you to get hit by a mob and die.
  3. Morigaine Elder

This is incorrect. It has nothing to do with lag. At work now so can’t post detail but parsing from last night shows 700K single shot nukes quite frequently on Servant of the Sleeper coming from the Velium golems. This ability is likely anti-kite mechanic as indicated in the OP. Something seemed worse last night though and it was more frequent.
  4. Cloud the Third Augur

Odd we have beat this raid 3 times now never wiped and never seen this happen. Are you sure you aren't just missing one of the things that happen during this raid? There is no anti-kite mechanic for this raid... are you talking about the raid area where you can't take a mob outside the spires? If you are trying to kite them to the other side of the zone that is your problem the mobs can't be taken outside the raid area, they are leashed to the sleeper zone in platform area.
  5. Morigaine Elder

This occurred by simply pulling golems to the center with the dragon. We were not kiting and fight pretty much everything in the middle by the dragon. We have also beaten the raid every single week and this has not been a problem before yesterday.
  6. Cloud the Third Augur

So you are saying you are pulling golem to the middle to kill and it is rubber banding back to it's spawn point? If that is the case either A) it is getting stuck pathing somewhere or B) your lagging and your client and server are getting out of sync.
  7. Lianeb Augur

8. Lianeb Augur

9. Lianeb Augur

We moved the off of the platform this week specially for this problem. We figure maybe the dragon statue was playing a roll with pathing and thought bringing them to the flat ground below it would alleviate some of this.

It didn’t work either
  10. Cloud the Third Augur

Ok so you are getting some laggy pathing where is the DT coming from?

Let me fix what I think you are saying in the first post. Maybe next time leave out the information like mob death touching etc that has nothing to do with what you are watching happen.

When we try to pull mobs to the raid during event 2 of EW the mobs are rubber banding back as they run to us, is this due to a bug? (I personally only see this when something is lagging or you try to pull a mob away from where they are leashed which it doesn't look like you are)
  11. Lianeb Augur

Dude do you not have the comprehension to understand this?
    The velium sentries cast a 700k did as part of their anti kite. Take one from your raid and Agro it and run a lap around the circle and see how far you get before boom you are dead.
  12. Cloud the Third Augur

So you are just made because they have a DT if you kite them? Your post is the most confusing thing I have seen in a long time.

What is this bug you are talking about than. If they have a DT ability if you kite them then.... I don't know stop kiting them? Seems like it is working correctly. We don't have to kite mobs during our raid. Seems like this is working correctly if it is stopping you from kiting the mob.

Maybe I am missing it but your video doesn't show any sentry DTing a player for 700k that I can see... hang on you have all the text blocked in the video so how do we see a 700k DT??? Are you sure they didn't just get hit with a unstable blowup + dragon ae at the same time or something?
  13. svann Augur

Havent see it.
  14. Odiiusx Elder

33:07 shows what he is saying...yes I have the damage covered, but I tagged a Velium coming in, I turned to get it straight to banner, turned back around to tank, and splat. You can see that the Velium had warped back and wasn't even to me since I was still 100%. NO unstables up to explode, NO dots from missing directional. NO, we do not kite. NO, a velium mob is not going to kill me that fast hitting me with blessed guardian and ATOI running.
    No clue what the argument is, just because you haven't seen something yet, does not mean it doesn't exist.

(PSA) After rez and running back in to grab the mob off the back of the MT and dieing buffless...dont do that...that is the booze playing.
    Hellowhatsyourname and Zaray like this.
  15. sojero One hit wonder

You guys should provide logs, that would help a lot more. Sadly because the damage is covered up there can be no certainty as to what it was from an outside (dev) perspective.
  16. Smokezz The Bane Crew

/boggle. I understand exactly what he's saying. It's not rocket science.

Server side lag can and DOES cause mobs to rubber band. This can cause the script that checks if you're kiting the mob... to see you kiting the mob when YOU ARE NOT kiting the mob. And bam, you're dead. Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean other servers don't see it.
    Xeladom and Duder like this.
  17. Cloud the Third Augur

It isn't rocket science it is computer science... just because your server is having lag issues which is triggering a DT doesn't mean there is any bug since it works perfectly fine on other servers. Maybe they were having issues with the server when it was happening to you or something.
  18. Odiiusx Elder

[Sun Feb 09 16:24:55 2020] The focused geomantic energy fades.
    [Sun Feb 09 16:24:55 2020] a velium sentry hit you for 802584 points of poison damage by Living Ice Shard.
    [Sun Feb 09 16:24:55 2020] You are struck by a shard of ice.
    [Sun Feb 09 16:24:55 2020] You have been knocked unconscious!
    [Sun Feb 09 16:24:55 2020] You have been slain by a velium sentry!

https://spells.eqresource.com/spells.php?id=46961

So, with the lag of pulling a Velium guy to the raid and them rubber banding like they do, I propose that there is a longer delay in casting that spell...which is essentially a Death Touch to anyone that has agro prior to him getting to raid. Or are you going to blame my Geomantra fading?
    Xeladom, Allayna, kroag and 2 others like this.
  19. Cloud the Third Augur

Well the laggy warping back isn't helping but maybe you should teach your sk / pallies to pull and not run so far away so it won't do more than the base. I have been a puller for years as a bard and I know what happens when you outrun a mob it can cause tons of problems from pathing strange to warping and aggroing other mobs. Welcome to EQ this isn't something new!

You know that this spell it is casting is working properly your problem is your pullers are in to much of a rush to get back to the raid instead of staying near what they are pulling to prevent the death touch.

Your getting DT not from the warping back which isn't that far but because someone isn't keeping aggro and staying close enough to the mob.
  20. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Are you freaking kidding me? Are you dumb or something?

I am just shaking my head at the amount of just...dumb...being posted here.

This is server side lag that results in a mob that is being pulled in slowly (babied because we have to) to raid, rubber banding backwards, the DTing MULTIPLE people within a second. It nukes the tank pulling it in to kill (no one is kiting anything), then it nukes anyone with social or heal aggro to it a couple times before someone runs back to get aggro and try and baby it back in.

I have seen one mob kill 6 tanks in 2 seconds from this.

Same way I have sat there for a good 2 minutes waiting for an unstable to path 100 distance close enough to the dragon to blow up, as it kept warping backwards every 3 seconds.

If we split raid this with 30 people this does not happen. You do this raid with 54 it happens every time.

Seriously, I am just over people posting ridiculous stuff justifying a bug or mechanical problem in the game through their sheer ignorance of what is going on.