Never the same again

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Everdogma, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Everdogma New Member

Been playing for 17 years of 13 years continued play time. When i started off playing this game. It was the best. Over the years game changes slowly have ruined this game. Rules are not followed, players have names that are strictly forbidden but never enforced by EQ policy rules and so on. That isn't what bothers me because the heart of this game is still fun . What bothers me is the server FV. It's totally out of control. People fighting, stealing raid loots and camps , but the worst problem is that FV is controlled by gamer's. It has gotten to the point that prices on items have gotten so high you can not even purchase needed items without selling a piece of your soul first. Groups are non existent almost. I have heard everything from it is the time of day to make groups instead of lfg. I have tried but each day is just another solo/molo day with a luck of the draw group. The biggest reason for this is the many Box Groups. They don't need anyone they play by themself with a exception of a few cases so why pay a subscription to a game that you are not able to play . A lot of the missions do require more than one participant not mercs and there is no reason to be by yourself 90% of the time. So now i am done playing. By the way the top 3 raid guilds trickle down into the sub guilds again they hold all the power. It saddens me as the original game has now just become another pay till your broke game. The devs have it made it available to cheat the system, the truth is your not cheating anyone but yourself by rising to high end fast . They say no automation programs but they know it is being used everyday. I personally have found many flaws within the system over the years and EQ devs will not change them even after being notified of the issues. When they are making money hand over fist why change. Have fun fighting over camps and paying till your broke for upgrades. Goodbye EQ i will remember the times when it was good not a big rip off like it has come to be now. Ps You should let people have a free transfer off FV server because despite my experience others will eventually feel it too down the road and maybe that will help keep some of your customers from leaving.
  2. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I'm on FV and I love it. The way you describe it isn't my experience. The only place I see box groups is in zones such as The Overthere (ROS) and Sathir's Tomb (ROS). The only time I go to those zones is to farm TS mats. I need conflagrant ore to make per armor. The PL bot groups are easy to avoid.

Pricing on items varies. High demand current raid items can be expensive, like the latest EM ear piece. But most of the prices are reasonable. Scaleborn is priced at junk status now. The focus effects on it are still better than any group gear you can get, so it' s the time to get it. Bazaar prices change a lot. If you have a little patients, just wait till the item you want gets cheaper. Or learn some a TS and make it yourself, just like any other server.

As for groups. Get in a guild and ask if anyone wants to group, it's as simple as that. If you go off and molo, have fun doing that. There's a lot you can do a see moloing. Get into TS. There's an endless amount of things you can do with them. TS will prevent me from my usual downtime in the fall.

I transferred to FV from the Bertox server. Other than the ability to purchase raid gear. I see no real difference. More people perhaps. Most of them seem to be forever parked in the GL though. People behave the same, bot groups hogging up old camps. Bazaar prices forever changing. And even regular people, going out and having fun, imagine that.

FV is the same as any other server, except no drop is removed from most items. So we have a quite the market on general chat at times. Gear can be had the old fashioned way though, kill stuff and loot. Other than that, go out and kill stuff and do progression. It's the same on all servers.
  3. Everdogma New Member

4. Everdogma New Member

I transferred to FV from the Bertox server. Other than the ability to purchase raid gear. I see no real difference. More people perhaps. Most of them seem to be forever parked in the GL though. People behave the same, bot groups hogging up old camps. Bazaar prices forever changing. And even regular people, going out and having fun, imagine that.

The difference is most people power level to the top. i have personally grouped with 110s and higher that didnt even know how to play their class were missing spells and in some cases not even wearing appropriate gear to level . That being said it does bring down the overall experience . Yes you are correct through quests and progression you can earn these items but get to a certain level to be current with players or guild mates at higher levels you need the items being sold not in the bazaar but by indiv. gamers. Which means you need to raid or have money to buy . Bazaar prices have not changed up to 2 mil pp anyhow and anything you find in the bazaar is just plain garbage . Any real loots that can not be earned by solo/molo means reach into your pocket for trade skills or get to raiding which not everyone can do . Yes you can make money once you make it in trade skills not that almost everyone has that same idea . I think you play down the fact the Bot groups are everywhere not just where you see them. Just imagine a group with a tank a healer and the rest is beserkers for instant kills now imagine the zone you go into is empty and every /pick is full like ST for example. Regular people ? you mean those people with free to play accounts or even paid accounts with that mentality of ill quest a lot and when i get there i get there attitude? . Sure more power to them, and glad they are having fun but ultimately it comes back to what i said. As for groups just go into guild or general chat and ask around? . That's priceless as much of finding people is hit or miss especially when there are different time zones and people have lives. Lets not even think for a moment that you wouldn't get passed over for someone who is raid equipped for a group .People want successful missions and some of them require players who are good with the quest /area knowledge and be well equipped for a total win . I know how it sounds but i really enjoy this game and will miss it.I wish nothing but the best adventures to all and safe travels through Norrath.
  5. Xatt Journeyman

Can I has your stuffs...
    Herf likes this.
  6. bigpapa Augur

well i play in FV since about 4 years now ( and a rading toon in rathe server since 1999 ).
    * if i had to choose only one server it would be FV. { i play about one hour in morning in FV when i get up and raiding in evening in rathe }.

i agree there are more boxed team in FV , and one of the reason there are much more players playing in FV , but i can see more players LFG in general chat , VS what i can see in rathe server .

are you in a decent size guild? players usually looking in their guild first before going to the general chat to get more to join them .

well you decide if you buy or not these high price items, in other servers they can't even be sold for the most because of the no drop tag. good that in FV we have the choice to get them or not.

again if i had to choose only one server to play it would be FV , so glad that i tried it 4 years ago , and yes i box * no program* just by clicking the little EQ icon on taskbar , so using IS _ box...r is not a must .
    ** in FV you can level 50 % faster than other servers , and with the xp so tiny when you are level 111 + this is another good thing about FV ;)
  7. enclee Augur

I don’t get the point about rattling on about bad players. There have always been people without spells, appropriate gear, don’t understand the class, etc. You can always just avoid those people, or toss them some advice. This game has so many layers of mechanics that existing players don’t properly appreciate. Now, there’s all this class synergy and procs and coordinating spells to time up with other class proc abilities, but you have to be aware of SPA stacking issues or stat caps. It’s insane, and it takes awhile to understand. I left the game back in UF, and when they called for burns the only thing I could click as an enchanted was Spire. Now, there are big burns, small burns, mini burns, etc.

There’s a lot to learn in this game, and one of the only ways to do it is to be able to group with people. It’s why you see people trying to race to 110-115. They’re trying to get to a point to learn and play their class.
  8. feeltheburn Augur

9. Alarya Augur

This is such an oxymoron. The top raid guilds hold no power, really. Most, if not all, of the people who play alts in another guild are helping with strategies and or character development (how to play your class). IF you think that "power" comes from people selling raid gear, then I will remind you of the annual Valhallah gear giveaway. I personally gave away a ton of gear for people to use or sell. Yes, prices can be up there on FV, but that is to be expected with a game that is this old.
  10. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Heh, I will say the number of PL picks in ST has quadrupled on FV due to the forced questing for exp in TOV. Still easy to avoid.
  11. Cloud the Third Augur

Do you really want to be the same as you were yesterday? Without change you are just sitting in a pile of sh*t doing nothing.
  12. Gingerbread New Member

Are you same guy that went LFG in guild chat and then 5 minutes later threw a tantrum and guild quit?
    Laronk likes this.
  13. Laronk Augur

So you say people are able to pl other people without quest exp but quest exp is forced? The people paying for a PL are just lazy and don't want to play the game.

If you removed boxing, the same people would still probably not play with you, they'd just not play at all. If you want to group more you need to invite the lfg people and be the leader and go around with sub optimal groups when you need to. Everquest is all about having friends, this is the same deal on every server group wise.

You can't turn on lfg and expect to get good groups fast on any server, if that's your strategy to getting a group then expect to sit around for hours at a time.

Are you in a guild? Try joining a big guild like KOI you'll get more grouping opportunities and you can make some friends.

As far as the economy goes, FV has the best economy of all the servers. On other servers you have to buy loot rights to a bunch of the gear, some servers the loot rights for a TBL muhbis are as high as a million where on FV a muhbis is 150k in the baz. You can farm the new tradeskill item crystallized what evers they're worth in the 400-500k range and you can sell them and buy what ever you need. The new shield aug is a easy camp and its rarely camped and should still kinda sell well. There's lots of opportunities for making plat on FV unless your complaint is the cost of raid gear but that same raid gear isn't even an option to buy on other servers.

Can you give examples of items you think are too expensive?
  14. The real Sandaormo Augur

My promise to the EQ community, when I quit I will just.......