0-box server..

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hirbow, Feb 8, 2020.

1. code-zero Augur

The premise of this thread is ridiculous. It’s obvious that the OP and the anti Krono crew weren’t playing 10 years ago when /general was full of RMT sellers spamming their links. The whole thing reeks of an attitude of entitlement from people who want to tell others how to have fun
    Shanarias likes this.
  2. Machen New Member

You still don't get it. You can't make your tradeable kronos start at zero, because kronos aren't tied to your server or your character. They are tied to your account. The only way to make tradeable kronos start at zero is to delete them all from your account.
    code-zero likes this.
  3. Moranis Augur

I think the only way for the OP to accomplish what he/she would like is to make kronos not-tradeable on the new server.

Unfortunately, just like the pre-krono days, this drives the RMT game "underground" and you will see items sell on the new server for krono transactions on another server.
  4. Machen New Member

Yep, exactly. The only way to make krono no trade is to make them no trade everywhere.
  5. Fraggly Augur

0 box server with some sort of "new krono" type that requires new ones be bought specifically for this server, lets call them "Krono #2" w/ a new slot on the character pane. Delete this server 3 months after Quarm is first defeated giving out rewards after deletion based on how many PoP flags your most flagged character on each account has. Completely delete this server and create a new one so it "feels new and exciting", rewards available with /claim, "Krono #3" replaces "Krono #2" which become worthless.

I don't know or care how they enforce any of this, IP restriction for all i care. Give these maniacs what they want, seasonal style, so the truebox/no-box crowd stop getting a new server every year, leaving their old one they championed for practically empty.

Since all the re-rollers and mega bot armies will be eternally occupied on said server, throw out a standard server w/ AoC's. The population will not be mega huge so the impact on stability will be less than expected? :)
  6. Yummydain New Member

Easy solution. Program a box to pop up at random intervals during combat with simple math problems that a child could solve. Something like "Does 4+3=5?" with a "yes" or "no" choice. The math problem changes each time. Or even something as simple as "Click 'yes' to continue playing". Give the player 10-15 seconds to answer, and if they don't answer it before time is up, or answer incorrectly, they get disconnected and can't log back in for 5-10 minutes. The box should pop up 1-3 times per hour and only when the character is actively in combat / gaining exp. Say goodbye to AFK PL parties, massive bot issues, sweatlord 6-box groups, and people using 3rd party software to automate characters.
  7. Machen New Member

Any of the tests you proposed would be easily passed by automated characters. It would take about two minutes to write a script to give answers to simple math problems. Just hitting "yes" is even easier, the existing software can already do that.
    Fraggly likes this.
  8. SunDrake Augur

This. Using that type of thing as a solution would have zero impact on the types of player behavior you seek to eliminate. Those types of players would be the first people to work around such a system, and it would end up being a punishment to those who do not automate.
  9. Fraggly Augur

You've never turned on "auto attack", or cast a nuke then sat back down, and ran to fill up a drink? This would be hilarious, especially if someone misclicked during a raid, or the box pops up right as you are about to click something else entirely unrelated. Not sure how short sighted you have to be to think this is an "easy solution". No surprise you think tabbing over to turn on auto attack on a box would make someone sweaty.
  10. Warpeace Augur

Something...something...not how Krono worko_O
  11. Brunlin Augur

Ok i misunderstood, that being said ...Kronos doesn't ruined the economy on day 1 it does the opposite.People pour Kronos into the economy for items and plat that will not be worth much in a few weeks. Kronos doesnt magically create plat or items in game. This stuff still needs to be created by putting the farming time in. So Kronos being brought over isnt like everyone starting with 100,000 plat. Once the economy is big enough to give Kronos a value,than i can see the point as it becomes pay to win.

My problem with Kronos though isnt allowing a person to swipe his card for the most valuable item to trade in game but the problem is its an incentive for professional players who play the game because its their business.As someone pointed out though in a previous post is that if you take the Kronos away it would simply become a RMT plat game. I think the best solution to that problem is for DPG to step it up and actively seek these players out and ban them. They just need to see who is locking down the important camps and watch for automation. Yes these players would just make new accounts 60 at a time but if they just keep watching the high value farming camps and ban anyone using obvious 3rd party software to automate their play, that would be a step in the right direction and free up camps for groups or boxers who legitimately control their chars.
  12. Brunlin Augur

Actually your right, a server with auto follow disabled would be a good way to do a no box server, though people could still box with no auto follow but it would make it hard to control more than a few toons at once. Though someone could just run them separate to each camp, though that hassle would turned off a lot of players. Also if someone is cheating, it would be easy to see if they are still auto following for example.
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

No one automating is using /follow anymore, you'll just piss off the 2 to 6 box folks.
    Then they'll just use warps to move around like the big boys on mangler I'm sure are still using freely.
  14. Zansobar Augur

This. Kronos aren't the problem anyway at all....if Kronos were gone people would just buy plat from plat sellers with real money and then we are right back where we are now, but Daybreak wouldn't get any money from those transactions to keep the game running, unlike with Kronos where all Kronos were originally bought from Daybreak and that money used to keep the game servers going.
    code-zero likes this.
  15. Hirbow Augur

You guys are derailing the thread please read the original message.

Kronos are a problem at the start of the server , because people don’t start on the same playing field

Having to make people start new accounts instead of using existing accounts that are not allowed to receive Kronos or like I proposed making Kronos not tradeable at start will help not get the economy destroyed . Or just make everyone start with a certain amount of Plat then.

On a 0 Box server you don’t have AFK armies RMT’ing or farming 24/7 because you can Push them out of camps
  16. Moranis Augur

The problem is, kronos are just a tool to trade real-life money for in-game money.

If you make kronos no-trade on this server, then you will just force sales of high value items onto other servers which are going to be more risky and problematic. Here's what I mean - on a server with no-trade krono:

Moranis - "WTS Bone Clasped Girdle - 10kr"
    Buyer - "Yo, Moranis, I'll buy it. 5kr now, 5kr after. Meet my guy Kronolord on the Friona Vie Server in PoK."
    Moranis - "Ok cool, my FV guy is Kronomonster - afterwards, meet me at Shady"

If I need to start a new account, then ill just transfer krono over to this new account on a free-to-play server.

Now - if have to create a whole new account just for this server, and kronos aren't allowed to be transferred to this account, then that might work - but you're just going to drive the RMT game underground to reddit or whatever, like it was in 2000.
  17. Runes Augur

What you are proposing is idiotic and naive. The only reason this game is continuing is because of the Krono sales. The only thing existing Krono do is pay for account subs as you cannot transfer it to a new character on a new server. You originally posted this idea without knowing how Krono work as old Krono does not ruin a new TLP server economy and people buy boatloads of new Krono on a new TLP to buy items as well as sub.

If you make the Krono no trade that means people can again only use Krono for subs and all that will happen is you will force the economy into a plat driven only which will increase the amount of RMT farmers selling plat, so to go along with your ludicrous logic you will also have to make plat and all items no trade.

Go play on a private server if you are getting butt hurt about Krono because without it, it's a fact this game will close from not being profitable to keep open.
  18. Machen New Member

Lol, what?
  19. code-zero Augur

Krono are account bound and can be used in multiple games not just EQ
  20. Runes Augur

We are talking about EQ so yes existing Krono that is on another server character on same account can only be used to sub for EQ. Existing Krono does not ruin any economy on a new EQ TLP server because you cannot bring it in as your "stashed krono" and use it to buy items in game. You can try and barter with it, trade krono on one server for items on another but most people will not be trading like this so it's an outlier.

Quickest way to have Devs shut game down is if Krono became no trade or not purchasable at start of a new TLP server.