Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dreamweaver, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Jayjayjay Lorekeeper

unlock timer should be at least 6 month or even longer. it's only a few ppl who do not have LIFE out of the game.
  2. Machen New Member

No. First you are wrong that it's only a few people who want faster unlocks. Six month unlocks were tried on Ragefire and Lockjaw and proved to be extremely unpopular, even for players who thought they would want it going in.

But either way, save the screwy unlock timers for some other TLP. If they are doing a non truebox server, it should be pretty basic and vanilla. ~3 month unlocks, aoc, etc, etc, phinny/mangler model but with no truebox.
  3. Jayjayjay Lorekeeper

half wrong, half right.
    Ragefire, Lockjaw did not have AoCs. + one biggest guild had almost all of raid targets alone.
  4. Basak Augur

Beastlord lore is among the expansion of Luclin, so doesn't seem like a tossed in class to me - However, I could see it as a tossed in class if they wanted a new class and worked some bit of lore in the expansion around it. The entire expansion of Gates of Discord I do not sense any feeling of berserker lore outside the whole unlocking the rage within, which could really be unlocked with any expansion. GoD just feels to me like the idea of a new class seemed interesting and added a bit of flavor to the expansion to permit the lore to proceed with the new class.
  5. Machen New Member

AoC's only make the problem worse. When everyone can have best in slot on everything in 3 months, there is no reason to do six months. People lose interest and stop logging in after two months as it is.
  6. Fraggly Augur

3 months seems OK. The current Ragefire system really sucks. Having to beat an expansion to start a 3 month timer, to a two week voting period, then waiting until the next Monday of the new moon, if the vote passes.....

6 months is way overboard, because 4ish+ months on Ragefire is way overboard.
  7. Basak Augur

I wouldn't mind a 3-month timer to start after an expansion is beat, but without the vote system in place.
  8. david negron Lorekeeper

Most start in classic otherwise game will have deficiency in cleric or war class due to mercenaries.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

Votes are just a bad idea. There are too many boxes to sway things and, of course, every toxic boxer is going to heavily vote to draw out classic to kunark. They would perma lock a server in classic if they could just to flip GEBs.

Why not just look at each expansion and make a sensible decision? After actually playing through selo it's very, very clear what expansions decimate the population. Plus, dbg has actual numbers... as in they can see when players stop logging in. There's no reason to make some generic rule for expo length because no expos are created equal.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  10. Mybag Journeyman

I would like to see this happen but maybe starting at velious and with bst/zerkers in on launch. I am not a boxer either but I think its silly to have truebox on TLP anymore since clearly people are finding ways around it and that's just giving those guys a huge advantage so at least this way everyone can box which will effect market prices and make it way harder for them to make a fortune
  11. Aelivaa New Member

While everyone is entitled to their wish and I wouldn't mind that at all, i think it was stated several times that this would be no small feat, since GMs and spells for these classes are missing (i might be wrong) ?

Back on original topic:
    Really looking forward for any TLP announcement so I have a reason to reactivate, practise and get my EQ fix again.
    None-Truebox please as i like to box due to RL constraints and i am not the type to play around the TLP limits ...
    code-zero likes this.
  12. xmPradah Not a dude

I think the best way to prevent botting and farm-traders on a TLP would be to completely disable Krono or make them no-trade on TLP. I don't think a lot of legit players are going to be comfortable trading a KR on another server, for an item on TLP.

This would still allow legit boxers to play on TLP and discourage the RMT players.
  13. Stagentti Augur

Except AOCs have been a big success.

When one guild can lock down all raid content so no one else has a shot, that causes people to quit.
  14. Stagentti Augur

They've said they can't do classes before the expansion unlocks due to current programming and the amount of work it would take.
  15. code-zero Augur

You fail to understand how and why Krono work as they

Perhaps a server where the anti-automation code is in effect and true box is disabled would work
  16. Sevelinia New Member

AOC : Yes
    /Pick : Yes
    Launch Level : 1
    Launch Xpac : Classic
    Xpac Unlocks : 4 months on Xpacs that raise level cap 3 that don't
    Corpse Runs : Yes
    XP Rate : 1/2 as fast as Mangler
    TrueBox : NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FV Loot Rules : NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Focus Effects : On from Level 1
  17. Stagentti Augur

Corpse run server is DOA.
  18. Machen New Member

I never said they weren't. Having content accessible to everyone is a huge success. That doesn't take away from the fact that the content gets old more quickly when you have unfettered access.
  19. SunDrake Augur

I think the changes they made to focus effects for the launch of the Mangler server is their preferred setting moving forward for TLPs, or at least that was my take when it was all being discussed. They aren't likely to ditch that for literally the next set of standard TLPs.
  20. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

The problem with Voting is that no one spot is the majorities 'sweet' spot.

The majority either have already left since it went too far, so no longer vote; or their goal in in the future.

Gonna reiterate my suggestion of having 'tiered' servers where once you, personally, complete the right progression achievements, you can get a free transfer to the next in the chain with the next few expansions unlocked. All servers after the first have new character creation disabled. You can move by yourself, or move as a guild, or stay forever in your favorite era. Whatever you choose. No having to compete with excessively overleveled/geared people for classic camps. No out of era powerleveling, you have to make the achievements to progress with other in-era folks.