Returning Player - Question on Prestige Gear

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Gammuh, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Gammuh New Member

So I'm returning after being gone since TDS. I was in the top tier raid guild on my server, so all of my gear on 2 of my characters is prestige gear. I've gone all access on one of my accounts (105 Beastlord), but I'm not really wanting to go all-in on all access just yet. Is there a way to make my boxed 105 Shadowknight actually useful with all of his prestige gear without going All Access?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Sure, especially with GMN, EOK and conflagrant gear. There has always been lots of non prestige armor etc in game but if you always concentrated on raiding then it was probably overlooked.
  3. Gammuh New Member

You're speaking a language I don't understand. Are you basically saying to just buy gear in the auction house? Pretty sure I'd go broke before I had a full set of usable gear at 105.

Would be nice if prestige gear just scaled down to the non-prestige level for Silver Accounts. They make it hard for old players to test the waters.
  4. Qbert Gallifreyan

If you left during/after TDS, you might have currency available to buy non-prestige gear from vendors. Depending upon exactly when you left/what you have accumulated, you might step back a level tier and buy level 100 gear from CoTF's West Karana (Marks of Valor), or if you happened to get some Broken Mirror currency (Remnants of Tranquility . . . which are tradeable on all servers), you might be able to jump to that.

The bottom line though is that tanks are the classes least likely to succeed as free-to-play. Other than very sub-par hotzone augments, you basically can't use augments (as one example of the difficulty). Top tier gear in every expansion (group side) is prestige as well, so you can't wear the best for your level which further inhibits your tanking ability.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Well, I was not suggesting you gear up thru the bazaar and spend plat. I was suggesting that you go to Gnome Mountain and do some hunting there as there are very nice drops. Also if you hang out in Frontier Mountains there are tons of drops that rot. Or you could do a camp yourself. The Bi'Faak camp is not bad. The armor that drops throughout the zone is pretty nice and is not prestige.

You could get this:

Cohort's Soulrender Breastplate

Magic, Lore, No Trade, Infusible
    Class: SHD
    Race: HUM ERU DEF TRL OGR GNM IKS FRG DRK
    Chest

Size:
    LARGE
    AC: 571
    Weight: 12.6 HP: 4235
    Req Level: 105 Mana: 3910
    Endur: 3910
    Purity: 50

Strength: 47 +19 Magic: 47 Attack: 30
    Stamina: 40 +17 Fire: 49 HP Regen: 4
    Intelligence: 29 +20 Cold: 55 Mana Regen: 6
    Wisdom: 25 Disease: 46 Heal Amount: 30
    Agility: 33 +17 Poison: 62 Spell Dmg: 64
    Dexterity: 52 +17 Corruption: 1 Clairvoyance: 48
    Charisma: 25 +20
    Bash Dmg: +9
    Slot 1, type 5 (Weapon: Elem Damage): empty
    Slot 2, type 7 (General: Group): empty
    Slot 3, type 13 (Energeiac: Group): empty
    Slot 4, type 21 (Armor Ornamentation): empty
    Effect: Sword of Corruption (Casting Time: 0.3)
    Focus Effect: SHD Deflection Discipline Duration 1
    And all you have to do is right click it to make it. No other combines involved,

I guess you could buy the conflag gear but I usually make mine. Sometimes there are good prices on the sub combines so all you have to do is the final one.
  6. Scorrpio Augur

Well the idea behind prestige is to get people to re-sub. If your toons got TDS raid gear, you might consider resubbing for a month on boxed account - which should make you quite able to hit EoK named.
    Other option would be to barter your existing Pieces of Eight for Castaway. Any other option would involve bazaar. Sitting in EoK hoping to snag Cohorts rots is rather uncertain.
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Replace your Prestige gear with non-Prestige Gear. Check your alt currency, if you were decked out in Prestige gear, it stands to reason that you probably have a lot of alt currency from CotF or other expansions in which you go go buy a set of Non-Prestige gear as a stop gap till you get better ones.
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

All expansion Tier 1 armor is non-prestige. You need to replace your gear.

So for instance in the EoK expansion, Lceanium, Scorched Woods and Frontier mountains are tier 1. The armor that drops in those zones do not require a sub. The visible slots are called Cohorts. Chardok, Korsha, etc are Tier 2. You have to have a sub to use any of the armor from those zones. That armor is called Selrachs. Also all augs are prestige.

It might work best if you don't want to sub to sub for just 1 month to help farm your new gear, then cancel.

Each expansion has T1 zones. So when you reach 106 you can go get new armor in Overthere and Skyfire which is better than the EoK T2.
  9. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Non prestige gear is surprisingly good. Especially considering T1 raid gear is also non prestige for those of us on FV or raiders.

Decent non prestige augs are the hardest part to get really.