0-box server..

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hirbow, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Aneuren Tempered Steel

I just jumped in to say that I am once again relistening to this entire saga =p
  2. Machen New Member

A lot of GM time is more than they have available. They don't even have a little bit of GM time available.
  3. Machen New Member

I agree that 18 boxing is pretty damn easy to spot. That's not where the GM staff resources will need to be spent. If it is a zero box server, it's going to be "my wife is afk for 5 minutes." It will be the 6 boxes and less that will matter. And there, it's really hard to enforce.
  4. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

My bad I forgot you work for Darkpaw gaming.
    WaitingforMoreEQ likes this.
  5. Machen New Member

Lol, I wish. I bet they pay a lot better than my field does.
  6. jeskola pheerie

0-box server
    unenforceable in a profitable manner. Call it the Zero profit server. Only way to do it is ip-based with zero exceptions, and those that know how will get around it just like Truebox code.

0-Kronos at the start
    now we are heading from zero profit to losing money and losing a ton of potential profit.

2-month unlocks

Bst/Zerk at start
    too much work to have it done right, will never happen

Xp rates like Agnarr

NO-Name change potions (oh wait your reputation matters now
    more eating into potential profit

Try not to forget that Darkpaw is owned by an investment firm (or single investor if they want to paint it that way). The end goal is maximizing profits, and your dream server does just the opposite. Please try to keep your new server ideas in the realm of reality with the business side of things in mind, too.
    code-zero and Kaenneth like this.
  7. Numiko Augur

I'd like to see this vast list of games on the net that enforce strict no boxing rules.

Other then maybe warframe I cant think of a single one that even cares if you box as long as your doing it legit and not using 3rd party software to control the toons.
  8. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

I love how people come on here and say that this is unenforceable when private servers in both EQ and DAoC have proven how easy it is to enforce. The Daoc phoenix private server didnt even have it ip based at all and if anyone who really wants to box on a server like P99 just uses a VPN until they're caught. IP's are not the main way how other games and EQ private servers enforce this rule because anyone could just use a VPN to bypass.

You have to realize two things. First off, literally nothing in this world is 100% enforceable, you will always have people who will break rules and get away with it. Secondly, you need to look at what most people complain about when talking about boxers like myself who 6 box, or when they complain about 72 man botted raid teams controlled by 1 person. The problem is that you can't compete against it. That's what people hate.

Let's say theoretically that they did come out with this server. The fact that it's no-box would pretty much eradicate any one from ever boxing over at least 6 characters in the same area. So that's a huge win in itself. Anyone who tried to 3-6 box would most likely get banned eventually as it's super easy to tell when people are boxing 3-6 characters. Again, a huge win. Even if some did get away with it, most wouldn't and it wouldn't be super prevalent. You might have someone who plays a bunch of solo characters at the same time, in solo spots, but that means that person can't hold a camp if any group 2+ come and want to take it from him. So now you get down to what will most likely happen, you will have people who try to get away with playing 2 characters. These people will be much harder to spot, and really they'll most likely get away with it. But that's still a MASSIVE win for people who hate boxers. No one cares about a person who plays 2 characters.

Stop looking at it as it won't work because someone will find a way around it therefore it's a stupid idea. Of course people will. If you went by that logic, then there isn't a single rule in any game that isn't a stupid idea. All rules will be broken. The way you need to look at it, is that the actual rule itself basically solves the majority of things people hate about boxers.
    Alarizod and Ginix like this.
  9. xmPradah Not a dude

If you don't fear, then box... or let others box (not bot) in peace.
  10. xmPradah Not a dude

BUT, I do really like the no Krono server idea. This will largely remove the botters and cheat farmers, IMO
  11. xmPradah Not a dude

I don't know why it won't let me edit my posts... sigh. Sorry for the spam.

Regarding Krono... I think activating Krono on a different/live server, or even better from Server Select, would be ideal. This would prevent the transfer of Krono on the server and would highly inconvenience anyone looking to trade Krono for "XYZ" items or plat. Nobody will want to send a Krono on BB for an item on a progression server.
  12. C3lowz Augur

No Kronos will severely cut into their profit gains.

Sure the majority already have their Krono, or go to the "Black Market" sites to buy them. but there are still a few who do buy them officially still. That + the many accounts created strictly for Krono farming will lead to a massive loss of potential gains for a already low earnings company.

I highly doubt we'll ever see a non krono TLP
  13. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

It takes very little GM time to do this.
    When you get an IP exemption you only get it via a petition and only for people that you can actually prove play with you. I believe P99 and many many other Private WoW and EQ servers use this method and none of them have problems with enforcement. You wont get 4 boxers you won't get 5 boxers ect. You will only get the "my wife is AFK" types 2 boxing and lets be honest nobody gives a about that.
    Alarizod likes this.
  14. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Banning Kronos will just move the transactions to 3rd party sites. RMT farmers will RMT farm.
    Jontrann likes this.
  15. Jontrann Augur

It's astonishing that people think that if u remove krono you remove all 3rd party RMT. Most people who sell items/accounts on 3rd party sites don't even deal in krono.
  16. Zansobar Augur

Private servers with devs donating their time do this - See the Phoenix DAOC server for instance.
    AtabishiWoW likes this.
  17. Fraggly Augur

Sounds like a terrible thing to allow "private" servers run by...who? to do this on your personal PC, just IMO ofc. Hopefully dpg never goes this route with any of their servers.
  18. Zansobar Augur

Many commercial games require cheat protection software to be installed to play their game.
  19. Hirbow Augur

No one is saying to remove the Kronos,
    I’m saying start your Tradeable Kronos at 0. If it is a new TLP and we start naked and at level 1 right ? Why start with automatic Kronos = which equals plat pieces ...

People will have to spend money to buy Kronos since you start at Zero and surprise ! Dark paw now is making $ instead of the zero purchase you would’ve made on a normal server Since people have stored Kronos .

Build your Krono stash from scratch , build the economy Fresh .
    And for those that say that people will just buy from the new farmers you have to go back to my new point : 0-Box server.

A zero-boxing server means people will auto-police itself and call people out for automating farming and AFK botting.

It works on other emulated servers so It can be done :)
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Emulated servers where you don't have people paying for the right to play are different than the servers run by darkpaw games. As for your idea that they can get krono afterwords all that would mean is players would trade around the krono they have on a different server and would get them all back on the new server.