Unable to pinpoint the reason for my lag.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Free2Play19991, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Free2Play19991 New Member

Hello,
    I'm looking for a little advice, particularly from a magician or a pet class player. I have a little group of 6 that I have enjoyed playing for a couple years now. A War, Cleric, Magician, Enchanter, Druid and Wizard. They are all F2P. They all work well together.
    My question: For what ever reason the magician gets hit with unusual lag. It is a steady progression that only seems to affect it. While fighting the mob the pet movements and spell castings get slower and slower ever while fighting the mob, to the point where the mob is dead on everyone elses screen and he is still fighting it for a few seconds. The lag mostly goes away after the mob dies, but comes back 2x as hard as soon as I'm fighting again. I have tried a few things like /clearall text and that hasn't helped. Usually the only thing that fixes it is by relogging. I'm glad that fixes it, but, I was hoping something in game would work as well.
    Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.
  2. svann Augur

Delete his log file if its getting large.
  3. Free2Play19991 New Member

Thank you for the response. Sadly, I have tried that too. It didn't help.
  4. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

test turning logging off to see if it's the cause, also there is a server side filtering option? I forget how to activate.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

6. Bamboompow Augur

You made certain that everything on your machine is good to go? Up to date drivers, no clutter or malware/bloatware running in the background? Drives are in good order and not a fragmented mess? Nothing over heating? Computer clock is synced with some reliable benchmark? A fair amount of performance degradation of anything using an internet connection is the computer itself is a mess. The tech who put in your internet knows this but is usually too polite to tell you that. Comcast is evil so its always their stuff that broken. :p
  7. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

There's a bug with chat windows where if you have a minimized chat window, and send stuff to it, it can lag you really bad (where for years this wasn't a problem). It started happening after chat tabs came out.

If you have a spam window with a lot of stuff sent to it, instead add a tab to the back of some other window and send it all there, that might help. If that doesn't work I would re-make all your chat windows (make a new version of each one, then close the old window).
    svann, Szilent and kizant like this.
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

This chat minimization bug is what was causing my lag. I was getting 4 FPS in Allashai raids and now I get about 25. Normal non-raid play is 60 no problem.

I am not using tabs though. Simply un-minimizing my window and then manually shrinking it back down to the same size resolved my lag. Very strange bug.
  9. mark Augur

are you running your cpu at 100% under power settings,on my pc it was set at 10% then trotteling up to a maximum of 100,run the cpu at 100%,i now have it at 100% also turn shadows oof and particle effects,also make your chareaters into sticks.