0-box server..

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hirbow, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Hirbow Augur

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain"

How about something new..

0-box server
    0-Kronos at the start
    2-month unlocks
    Bst/Zerk at start
    Xp rates like Agnarr
    NO-Name change potions (oh wait your reputation matters now ? )
  2. strongbus Augur

you never see a 0-box server. The only way they could do it is to limit it to 1 toon per ip address. that would block family's and people living in the same house(sharing a internet) from playing with each other. So never going happen.
    Skuz and Kaenneth like this.
  3. Runes Augur

I didn't really like any of your wish list items but the name change no potion was a meh, I could live with or without it.

While I don't think Krono sales are as huge a revenue for the Devs that have taken over the game in the last five years because I think it's just the same large pool that has built up over the years that is exchanging hands and slowly being used, it's still a source of revenue and any revenue coming in helps keep the Doors open and avoid the final blue screen when the plugged gets pulled.

Wishing away krono and boxers is the fastest way to kill the game because sub prices would have to be increased to make up for the lost revenues and that is even more unviable for a dinosaur game like EQ.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Brunlin Augur

True box is as close as your going to get to a no box....They will never ip restrict anyone. I like to box though so im good with this.....me and my friends who box always group we are not the anti social boxers.

I would be down for a no kronos server, but since its account based and not server based im not sure how much code would have to be program to make this work, but it would kill the kronos farmers and make boxing a little more restrictive since you could no longer earn your krono in the game and would have to literally sub for each account....most would though some wouldnt.

Bst/zerker i could agree to this as long as they would add Gnome pal/sk, halfling ranger/pal as a quality life improvement like it actually was instead of a SOL expax loc. Also The zone the Warrens/Stone brunt should also be Quality of life since they were extra content that was free to everyone during the end of Velious ...they shouldnt be locked to velious and this would bring a good balance to zone on the Qeynos/Odus side of the classic world. You could argue that the zones are a little more lucrative with items and loot than the other zones but since they are on the least populated side it would make a different leveling path that would be popular but still wouldn't take away the CB/unrest to lower guk or the sol a to sol b path...not to mention with banes, and augments in game now...who cares right.

xp rate being Agnaar/manglerish is the sweet spot i think and I totally agree with this.
    I also wouldnt mind adding the no no drop items like FV, especially if they did do a no kronos server
  5. Hirbow Augur

@ runes.
    No one said to take the Kronos away. I said 0-Kronos to begin with. You can't use your 400 Kronos you saved on your last 5 TLP's.

You can still buy Kronos from the Store..
    You can still use your stashed kronos to pay your Monthly subs - just not trade everything away from the get-go and ruin the economy on day 1.
    You can still trade your EARNED/bought server kronos.

What is the point to start a NEW TLP if you bring you 400 stashed Kronos?
    Why not everyone start the game with 100,000 pp then...??
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

So you could just stash the krono on an alt account before the launch and move them back over to the main account afterwords and have access to them all again?
    Kaenneth likes this.
  7. Runes Augur

That would not work out as well as a lot of people only play nowadays because they can use Krono instead of paying money so you would see a much lower population on the server.

Plus I don't understand the point you are making because you cannot bring over your stashed Krono to a new TLP and use them. The only way to use Krono on sub is to use em on another character on another server that you have existing Krono on the same account.

You will then see even more farmers farming Plat to RMT for real money because the economy will be all plat driven.

Just not going to happen.
  8. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

You don't need to IP restrict to enforce a no box rule.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

How do determine if two players are in the same room on different computers or one person is playing two accounts in the same room?
  10. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Then you IP restrict and give people who genuinely play with their families a lift on the IP restriction
  11. Machen New Member

You clearly don't understand how Kronos work. They are tied to the account, not the character or the server. You can't have a server allows them, but not at the start.
  12. Machen New Member

Then everyone will "play with their families" and it becomes meaningless. Seriously, how do you suggest they enforce this? How are they going to verify that a "family" is actually a family?
    Nolrog and Kaenneth like this.
  13. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

I'm assuming you've never played a game or EQ server that doesnt allow boxing. You don't need an IP restriction nor do you even need to do ip exceptions. Basically what they do is if you see someone boxing, you report them. The report gets put in to a que and when GM's get around to it (even if its days later) they will wait until both char's are logged in again, pull them to a room and do a series of tests that only takes a few minutes. Every game that does no-box rulesets, this is how they do it. It's very effective.

Obviously there are some ways around it, like if you just get someone in the house to come over real quick and follow the basic commands, but no system is perfect.
  14. Machen New Member

This is the problem with this scenario. Darkpaw does not have an abundance of GM resources to throw at this kind of enforcement.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Again, answer me how do you determine if someone is boxing or if multiple people are playing those characters. As a player you have limited ability to determine if someone is boxing other than feeling that they might be.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  16. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

Doesn't require a lot of GM time. Think broken glass theory.

orr just start asking for a server with 0 rules since you think even the most basic kind can't be enforced.
  17. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

Go play a game that has no boxing rules and see for yourself rather than asking on here.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

So you are saying you have no way to determine if a player is botting and you can report them to a gm so that their play time can be disrupted so they can perform some sort of random test that you think they have. That sounds like an easy way to disrupt others and free up camp spots that you want for yourself.

If it was really that easy why is there so many complaints of boxers running around on the no box servers?
    Kaenneth likes this.
  19. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

You're so far behind we'd have to go back to the extreme basics to catch you up to speed and no one has time for that.
  20. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

You realize what i suggest is already working for other servers right? See you can't really get away with 18 boxing as "playing" with your family. Sure you'll get the dude that plays "his wifes Druid" from time to time. But let's be honest nobody really cares about that kinda stuff because it's not the problem.