How about today?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by topple, Feb 7, 2020.

1. topple good idea generator

While it is unfortunate that new TLP's tend to hurt all existing TLPs to some extent, I am still glad they open them. I’m sure I’m not alone in getting overly excited for basically every new TLP as the new server EQ experience really can’t be found in any other game. I’m happy to have a chance at repeating it again.
  2. Umul Augur

They would never announce the next TLP right before PoP opens.

And yeah I feel ya, that stupid Truebox server that started this stupid cycle killed my guild and server (Ragefire) so I get it. I'll say though if you are happy on your current server you don't need to reroll. Frankly server population isn't really important once you get far enough away from PoP.. Ragefire still lets me log in and raid /shrug. But not gonna lie, I do enjoy watching these dumb noobbox servers cannibalize themselves Lol
  3. Thewiz Augur

SO by this month do you mean Monday? Maybe?
    Fraggly likes this.
  4. Runes Augur

Damn you February for being leap year, gives an extra day loophole window for announcement.
  5. Umul Augur

Question because I'm curious... do you stay on the servers and bail or do you just do the 1-50 thing, kill a few dragons and quit?
  6. topple good idea generator

My friend and I basically ride it from release till OoW or so. We always talk a big game about "playing this new one allllll they way for reals!" but we usually burn out from raiding or grinding at OoW or shortly after.
  7. Zansobar Augur

At least a month in advance of a TLP launch...so if one is launching even in late March then I would hope to know the details around mid Feb to be able to plan time off and find a guild for launch.
  8. Umul Augur

I feel ya. I'm always fascinated by the players who hard reroll every spring. Theres so much awesome content no one ever plays. Maybe the next TLP they can bundle everything from DoN to SoD or something for 4 months Lol. Lots of awesome content 75+
  9. Maneuvre Augur

Let's just call this what it is, Everquest Seasons. New year new server, I'm down.
  10. a_librarian Augur

Yeah I agree, new early expansion servers are exciting in a way you can't really replicate on mature servers. The only thing that actually pisses me off about their current model and keeps me from returning to the game is the out of control warp hacking and botting. It's a total farce at this point
  11. Brunlin Augur

Well there was 2 TLps for the Classic Tlp crowd and 1 Tlp for the live crowd....2 different audiences for sure...I know there is a few people that do both but the majority of the peeps that play Eq are in 2 separate crowds for sure.
  12. Brunlin Augur

FAKE NEWS!! but funny as hell!!
  13. Rhek New Member

Well they literally did exactly that to Coirnav last year. Just sayin
  14. Machen New Member

Miragul wasn't for the live crowd... It is miles away from live. To put it in perspective, it's as far away from Live expansion wise as Dragons of Norrath is from classic eq.
  15. Brunlin Augur

Well its closer to live than Classic and since i know a lot of peeps on these classic tlp servers ...I haven't found one not one that even likes Miragul.....So its definitely wasnt meant to target the fresh start Ragefire through Mangler crowd. And since Holly did mention that the Live people and the TLP people were close to being as many....and that they did want to do something for the live crowd since the classic people gets a server every so often that they wanted to do something for them......That made me think Miragul was targeting them
  16. a_librarian Augur

Even funnier was how it happened with Agnarr. They announced and launched (I think) the new server before Agnarr even got into PoP. Man were people pissed off about that. I think the studio managers learned from that to shift the launch window slightly to where people start losing interest in PoP on the old server.
  17. Duality Augur

I don't think it was so much the interest dropping off in PoP as it was knowing what comes after that. It was the start of a long period of stale character development. Not necessarily the content.. But GoD is a difficult expansion, especially for the more casual players. Even several expansions after that, the stuff was still generally easier than gates. And then you have those periods that followed with lite content that still is classified as a full expansion. Then all of a sudden you get a ton of fast flowing, you better be on every day type of expacs with all the factioning, numbertwoton of new aa's, where TLP servers crank through them quickly.

Selo was fun, but going forward, will be limited on what you'll be able to keep current. I wouldn't mind doing a 3 month server again.. But that that would need to be at least 3 months in current level cap. Fill in the other xpacs divided between those.
  18. Machen New Member

It really isn't any more. On Phinigel, 19 out of 21 raid guilds beat it in era. On Coirnav, 9 out of 10. Many of these are very casual guilds. If you look at the progression charts, almost all of those guilds beat it in a month or less too... GoD originally was brutally hard, but it's one of the easier expansions in EQ progression now. What made GoD hard primarily was that everything hit like a truck, and it just doesn't any more with all the combat changes. GoD is noww the first real expansion with no motm so that's a big power boost already compared to pop, and simpler mechanics than OoW or DoDH... Not that those matter much either any more since you can just ignore most mechanics and power through everything.
  19. The'Ike New Member

So, time to start forming guilds?
    Brunlin likes this.
  20. Machen New Member

Might want to hold off til you find out what the ruleset is. Especially given the last one they released!
    Jontrann likes this.