Coarse salt..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Greymantle, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Greymantle Augur

Any chance we can get this item to be added to more current zone forage tables? Or alternatly put on a vender, or create a recipe to create it? Used in over 70 recipies including the new stat food.

For a recipe, how about :
    5-fine salt + 1 water flask+1 gnomish heat source in an oven. Makes 2.
    Water to dissolve the fine salt, extra heat to assist in the drying and clumping into coarse salt version.
  2. Greymantle Augur

Odd, over a hundred views and zero replys.
  3. svann Augur

Hey foragers gotta make money.
  4. FawnTemplar Augur

Where coarse salt is concerned, I would much rather them just overhaul the forage table in DoN. I feel like coarse salt wouldn't be as rare if the forage table didn't have like 45 individual items on it.
  5. sojero One hit wonder

Problem with this item is its used in new food. The new food is nice, but in no way necessary. with this item being so rare, sent a druid alt and a ranger alt to DoN zone and foraged for an hr watching netflix and got 2 salts and 3 or 5 limes. That means I have hundreds of the ToV drops for the food, and will never make any because I will not spend hundreds of hours sitting at my keyboard foraging .

This makes it great for AFK farmers, Yay to give even more reason for 3rd party programs! but for those that actually do the stuff in game, nope, you can keep it, great thoughts, terrible design.
  6. GoneFission Augur

If salt and limes can be foraged, then they need a margarita recipe. Appropriate stats for the ‘Rita and accompanying tequila can be settled later.
    Axxius, Velisaris_MS and eepok like this.
  7. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

I actually bought the books in CC and worked through the recipes before I could find them posted anywhere online.

As soon as I found the requirements for limes and coarse salt I stocked up and bought everything on the server in Tunare (Several hundred of each limes, acorns and coarse salt). I know this doesn't help anyone but there is something to be said for striking while the iron is hot.

If forage tables aren't going to be changed I'd suggest checking with everyone you know and gathering them up. Who knows what someone has tucked on an alt from all those years ago.
  8. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I'm ok with it, and my reason is simple.. we have eleventybillion supplies in game, so reusing some rather than making even more new ones makes sense..

Think about it, we have set spices in our cupboards.. we experiment, we use what we have.
    it's all 1 planet and one moon (at this time til they figure out how to get us to the other moon)..
    Aanuvane likes this.
  9. svann Augur

Made a stack of 20 food and drink in the first couple weeks and so far have managed to not use up a single one. Every time I start a song my macro attempts to eat the cheap food/drink so I stay full. Innate metabolism aa helps too.
  10. Warpeace Augur

Might have a better chance of them reducing the number of items on those old forage tables? That should help boost the coarse salt, lot of absolute garbage in some of those zones forage tables.

Not sure if that would impact TLP, then again get them to start posting how its ruining the experience there and how it needs upped and might make the next patch.
    Daedly likes this.
  11. Bamboompow Augur

Actually almost all the DoN forages get used somewhere. There are some superfluous ones but most eventually rear their head if you are going to 350 in everything. A better rule would be that everything you need to make a combine that originated from a particular expac has to be obtainable in that same expac. Maybe not as a direct item that will still fit in the lore. Maybe a ToV forage item can be "Frozen Sea Foam" that you can turn into course salt by sticking it in an oven or brew barrel, as implied by the OP.
  12. Greymantle Augur

Problem with reducing the number of forages is taking the time to be sure none of them have a use that cannot be supplied elsewere. Not sure if the database has a 'where used" feature. If not would be very time consuming to figure out what goes where.
  13. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Honestly, even splitting the forage tables a little better would help.

Like, pool all the forage tables for that expansion, then put these unique items in this zone, and these others over here, and this other set in this other zone. So if you want to forage coarse salt, you go to the ONE ZONE with the SMALLER FORAGE TABLE to forage it.

There's several zones, and part of the problem is that there's so very many different things, but they're scattered thru the zones giving ALL of them a bigger forage table.

And, I mean, if I have a hard time foraging anything but seafood and slush water in the original velious zones, SURELY we can lower the chances of foraging roots and veggies in the DoN zones.

ETA: I forage on my druid with max foraging. NOT on the rogue with super crappy foraging.
    FawnTemplar likes this.
  14. Fian Augur

Isn't it a common drop? Instead of foraging, go slaughter the DoN zone instead.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Same kind of issue existed with a whole bunch of Rain of Fear Recipes requiring Taelosian Tea Leaves that only drop in Gates of Discord zones, so this was probably intentional.

I think that if the game is going to send players back to old zones for trade-skill materials then the game should provide them with much more compelling reasons to go there than just farming old materials for new recipes - I actually would like some reasons to go back but they need to be a bit more relevant & weighty than this by itself or it just feels contrived & to me at least, lazy.

Either let the materials required by new recipes drop in the new zones, only use materials that drop in new zones in new recipes, OR come up with some better reasons to go back to old zones than just farming obsolete mobs for the materials needed, going back to old zones is not immediately a bad idea but doing it JUST with trade-skill materials is just not enough to justify it in my view.
    Greymantle likes this.
  16. Snack Augur

It's a really low drop in those zone -- I'd bet it's right around 1%. My forage experience on rangers/druids has been about 1.5/hour. So far it seems like it's the rarest of the useful drops/forages from old expacs (for use in ToV).
  17. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

just add coarse salt and all the other needed TOV recipe items to TOV loot tables and TOV forage tables.
    Greymantle likes this.
  18. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

IIRC, DoN forage tables are still junked up with a ton of items that lost their use in the tradeskill revamp. Just removing these would go a long way towards fixing this, and declutter the item database. @Ngreth
  19. Transporter Lorekeeper

Especially a ton that aren't used in Tradeskills anymore.
  20. Greymantle Augur

Part of the issue i have is the relative rarity of the forages in the older zones. If they want to make a choke point to slow down the influx of made items. Put it in the current zones. I have parts to make hundreds of the food/drinks for the latest exspansion other than the old world forages. My play time is relatively limited, i would prefer to spend in in the zones that are current. Not having to spend hours in a zone from ten years back foraging a couple items an hour for tradeskills.
    Marton and Kurage_of_Luclin like this.