Next Expansion Secondary Pet Class Suggestion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Belkar_OotS, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Belkar_OotS Augur

I was thinking about the shaman, shadow knight and enchanter pets and the fact that they are ranked spells.

With the recent improvements to certain major buff lines to not have ranks since it has improvements for both player and developer considerations, I was pondering having these pets also default to their highest ranks. I would imagine that tailoring and balancing these persistent pets is an exercise each level increase expansion for what I suspect (unfounded assumption) are pretty small improvements in pet power.

I would think that streamlining these pets would be a considerable developer time savings without changing player power outside an expected range already established by the max rank pets. Just a minor improvement for group players. The primary pet classes don't have ranked pets either so I assume that the pet builds and earring focus for those classes differentiate these enough since they are considered a major part of their class power.

Anyway. Just an idea.
    Morigaine, Xeladom, Jhenna_BB and 3 others like this.
  2. Poppinfresh Elder

A very sensible idea at that.
  3. smash Augur

no
    Duder likes this.
  4. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Idea Smash'ed! :D
  5. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

The three ranks of secondary pets (1x3) are little work compared to the massive tables of pet type x focus level for primary pet classes.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. bortage spammin lifetaps

Honestly it's not like shaman/sk/enc pets suddenly become overpowered if you go from rk2 to rk3 so why not? Saves dev time, no real downside
  7. CrazyLarth Augur

Devs should just make the T3 pet and put a non-removable invisible buff to less it if casting RK 1 or RK 2.