Fixed Internally Bard Bug: Song Gems Locking Up When Using Clickies

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Angahran, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Kamor Lorekeeper

Step 1)Group with a bard
    Step 2)Have Bard hit Quick Time (Reduces cast time by 0.5s)
    Step 3)Using a keybind, click the Ranger Summer's line (0.4s cast time)
    Step 4)Click that keybind really fast
    Step 5)Get spell locked

It also seems to work with clerics, and some of the above classes, I personally notice it more in raids, or larger pulls; so lag may be a factor in reproducing. Keybinds aren't necessary, but the rate that you can cast with them is higher than manually mouse clicking, and may be a factor.
    Moege likes this.
  2. Daredilly Master

Well said, Kamor.
  3. Sengir New Member

I am probably wrong, but I feel it may be a lag issue. As a bard paying from EU I can reproduce the lock easily, I just have to use a clicky when the current melody song is about half casted and I am 80% of the time locked. As you probably have local connection to the server your latency may be what makes it hard to reproduce.

Another thing I noticed is that, if I use a instaclikie I never get gem locked, but if i click it just about when a song is 0.5-1 secs to be casted my melody stops.

When you released the patch that made A tune stuck in your head passive, my epic 2.0 hotkey would lock me 100% of the time (it never locked me before). The hotkey was just a /stopsong /pause 15 /useitem. I changed the pause to 20 and worked fine again.

Not sure if anything of this is related, or if this helps, just my 2c.
    niente likes this.
  4. Caio_Xegony Lorekeeper

Hit Quicktime on bard
    cast any spell that's .5 or less.
    example paladin Burst of Wakening, Valiant Diversion, Sincere Force, Force of the Jade Cohort, Propitiation

congratulations your spells are now locked until you hit an aa with a cast time.
  5. Rolaque Ancient

I actually think the problem is inadvertently hitting two instant cast spells almost nearly simultaneously. The result is the spell reset timer starts while another is still casting, yielding an immediate lockup. The best solution is to block quicktime, so you no longer have to deal with the issue, while the devs sort out this mess.
  6. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

/glances over the DBG fence and then drops down quickly before he is seen
  7. Moege Augur

Considers logging in all 200 accounts to upvote this.
  8. Cacky Elder

happened to me 4 or 5 times within an hour, in ToFS, with a bard in group. Although the bard said he was not using quicktime at least one of the times it happened. /sit does not do anything, can't use an AA, can't cast a spell, if you hit a hotkey which tries to cast a spell, you get an error message that you are already in casting a spell. Can't even use /camp, have to use /q.
  9. Kakashi77 Elder

Bump. It's even locking up with nothing being played at all (ie soon as you click epic your spell icons lock up and you can't do anything). You will have to zone out or /q out to get your spell icons unlocked.
  10. Herf Augur

My 27'ish bard, while doing /melody of multiple (combat) songs, clicked on the Eyepatch of Plunder he was wearing (to get more haste). This locked songs as on, which means one cannot sit, cast spells, etc. I do not recall if the songs were actually on (as indicated by screen icons) or if the game just thought they were. I had to relog to clear the song flag.

This is easily reproducable.

/songstop does seem to clear thet flag.
  11. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

12. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

Using my crystal ball, I forsee the patch notes now...

"- Bard - In order to resolve a long term issue with the interaction between bard songs and so called 'clicky' items, all clickies that are usable by bards will be treated as instant cast only for bards. oh, and Shout will again affect unlimited targets and cost 1/4 of the Endurance it cost before we doubled it...../bard snuggles, you're our favourite class "
    Caio_Xegony likes this.
  13. Herf Augur

I just discovered the joy of this bug as a new bard.
  14. Herf Augur

I just filed a bug elsewhere on this. To reproduce:

1. Get yourself an Eyepatch of Plunder (The Lost Map quest reward).

2. Drag the item from your face slot where you're wearing it, to a spot on your main toolbar.

3. While playing songs, click the item on the toolbar. For me it's about 100% reproduceable.

4. After this happens, i.e. after you're completely screwed, unable to cast, sing, or camp out, you can type /songstop to de-screw it. But the next time you do the above, it will happen again.

Note: I was /melodying several combat related songs (lvl 28'ish) when this happened. Let me know if I need to post the songs and their order.
  15. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

There's two issues that have been brought up here:
    1. You're using /melody and using a clicky locks up your songs for a time, sometimes a long time, which really affects one's longevity at times (reproducible if you get a bard to start a twist and then click something like the 2.0 Epic, the VT Horn of Shadows, or the Rapier of Somber Notes)
    2. Using an insta-clicky like the Amulet of Necropotence, Lute of the Flowing Waters, or similar, will stop your twist if it is clicked near the end of the song (reproducible if you spam click it with a song on twist that affects you/the group...you're spam clicking to find the sweet spot of when it stops the twist)

If both could be rectified that would be smashing :)
    Caio_Xegony, svann and Herf like this.
  16. Caisy Master

So this is still a thing. Can I ask what other info is needed for this to get fixed? It happens several times to all of us Rangers on raids, most frequently while burning. I'd rather not have to block quick time or hotkey my snare aa to my spam bar. Last I saw this couldn't be reproduced by the team. I'd suggest putting a proper adps melee group together and have someone who knows how to burn on a Ranger or BST, etc do a proper burn and see the magic happen.
  17. svann Augur

Using quicktime often causes other group member's spell gems to grey out and they are no longer able to cast spells. The consensus as to "why" seems to be that when the 0.5 second cast time reduction reduces a short cast spell to zero it can cause the problem. It may also have something to do with rapid button mashing which many people do use to limit wasted time between spell casts.
    Possible solutions:
    1. relog
    2. use an aa that has a cast time then cancel it midcast
    3. tell the bard to quit using quicktime
    4. use spell block to block quicktime

Losing the use of quicktime is really bad. Please fix this.
    Drogba, Jerkey, Cacky and 14 others like this.
  18. Niloiv Elder

Would this fix have the added benefit of epic clicks as well /crossfingers
    #makebardsgreatagain
  19. Sancus Augur

They need reproduction steps. If you want to help get this fixed, find a way to reproduce it in the GGH or the arena, not anecdotes of it occurring in a raid setting.

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure it's also tied to lag, which makes reproducing it in their internal environments more difficult. That, in turn, makes it a lot harder to solve.
  20. svann Augur

Its not just raids, but a cleric in my group group yesterday experienced it about 10 minutes after I tried turning quicktime back on again.