Paladin - Looking for tips/help

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Sairanor, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Sairanor Journeyman

Have you maxed your passives? I'd recommend doing that first for sure. Combat Agility, Combat Stability, Natural Durability,General Sturdiness, Armor of Wisdom, Planar Power, Delay Death, Shield Block, Physical Enhancement, Knight's Return Strike, Healing Gift/Adept/Boon (Gift and Adept being most important), Improved Stuns, Blessing of Life, Blessing of the Faithful, Healing Light, Shield of Brilliance, Enduring Reproval, Extended Preservation of Marr, Focus: Brilliant, Focus: Burst, Focus: Wave, Improved Demand for Honor and Knight's Synergy are all good passives to start with. As far as activated, I prioritized Beacon of the Righteous, Armor of the Inquisitor, Group Armor of the Inquisitor, Force of Disruption, Hallowed Lodestar, Shield Flash (Should have automatically through auto-grant), Hand of Piety and I'm not sure what to go for next as far as defensive activated. I've gone in to things like Combat Fury, Veteran's Wrath, and DPS activated/passives but am not sure if there's anything else I should be prioritizing over them at this current time.

That's what I gathered so far!
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  2. Traxen Lorekeeper

Yeah some are obvious but I wonder about Physical Enhancement and Armor of Wisdom. For the cost you get a crap boost. But thanks for the list
  3. shiftie Augur

If you want to make your life easier priortize blessing of the faithful, valorous rage and balefire.

That will help you kill faster and improve your xp rates per game session. And be can help if you get too many or need to root split and kill a mob quickly. Balefire will help you in a train situation, splitting a pull or escaping danger in general.
  4. Razorfall Augur

Did we not get an upgrade to Force of Mercy this expansion?
  5. Banader New Member

Nope looks like it ended .. shame too. It was nice when soloing.
  6. Wulfhere Augur

It's (FoM) still "nice" and better then Sincere Cleansing (unless you really want a HoT to land on someone else). With focus AA the healing on Cleansing can better, but lacks the +hate from the stun.
  7. Defjam Journeyman

What heroic stat are w chasing in 2020 if we're raid and group tanking? Is it still HSta? HDex now that everything is undead? I stopped focusing HAgi / HDex in CotF but have only been playing off and on since then, so it didn't matter much until recently.
  8. dubblestack Elder

Bump, would also like to know what type 5s to go with. Also just recently pled a pally to 115 so am curious about it, mostly gonna start with cotf and hit all or most progressions and hunter up to current...will be fun.

Also, any must have clickies for pallies or items for pallies? Also what is everyones complete current spell line up, i know there was a post on the previous page but was only a few spells. But would like some more info if someone would not mind. So no crushes? Only stuns? Does the dissedent suck? Epic useless?Thanks in advance.
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Our epic is one of the most valuable ones. 2.0 is a must.

Crushes are more hatred and dps than stuns. Stuns lock damage down. You can use the big damage crush along with the 2 base stun lines for more aggro and dps. Only one of the crushes shares a line with our main stun. The other crush shares a line with the push/nuke/stun line.

Dicho/dissident used depends on your group make up and your raid function. I find it useless, not because of what it is, but the 1 min reuse timer. I just can't find something I'd drop for it in my spell line up.

As a grouper, hdex is the way to go, bar none.

As a raider, there is an argument that hsta is best because you don't get hardly any major benefit from heroic avoidance, so more hp is better. But as a knight, you also do a lot of stuff versus adds that they might actually work on, so up to you.

The argument for hagi is it adds more ac, so can have a tiny effect even on raid mobs shifting DI down. But with how high our ac goes not versus the return, I feel like most of the people that go hagi do it because they still care about magelo and want more ac.

Many (maybe most) raid paladins do hdex still, because you get the benefit when not raiding, AND it increases your dps while raiding.

No "wrong" answer.
    dubblestack likes this.
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Oh, clickies.

Eh, epic 2.0, the vampire leech thing from dead hills random off named, other than that (not counting stat clickies like mounts, the item aa clickies, familiars, etc.), nothing is really "imperative" and most of it you won't find yourself clicking all the time anyway.

Anguish BP is hp capped and at this point does almost nothing.

Solteris raid/TSS group bps don't proc group heals from the stuns anymore, so of limited value. I click sometimes out of habit in the hopes it adds enough aggro to be of value.

Prayers of life and mantle of the wyrmguard I click sometimes when just rezzed with mana clickies down, to heal the group a tiny bit but meh.

Staff of viral flux, we don't really use much that works those resists, so more for everyone else in group.

Basic bp click you get from gearing up so kinda moot.

Ostentatious bp (and whatever the group version was called) is the only one I use from that click timer line other than the main one, if burning and not tanking.

Kiss of Emarr I still use, if you are rezzed, marrs is down, the mage staff is on cool down, its worthwhile.

The port clickies more valuable than most to be honest.
    dubblestack likes this.
  11. Petalonyx Augur

What's the max self survival lineup vs unstunabble mobs, assuming max AA?

I think that's a good one to start with, subbing as situation requires more dps, stuns, and group heals.
  12. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Depending on mobs, expansion etc will determine your spell line up. Pretty much i keep splash, wave, sincere light, stance, preservation, twin cast, protest on the spell bar, i’ll swap out undead dd’s/crushes/stuns depending on what we are doing.

As for clickies, there really isnt many that need to go camp since stacking issues will arise.
    Use some potions, circle of power4, terror juju, anniversary horn, diplomat papers, blood drinkers, gnollish totem, overflowing urn, violet conch, darkened deepwater bracer/arms...
  13. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

double post and iphones today are getting weird
  14. dubblestack Elder

Appreciate the replies, didn't see the first one for some reason until this morning. Will get 2.0 pretty cool to be able to play around with spell sets. Seems different than sk.