Drake Fireball -- DieFire Mountains

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by zarcal, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Also, you didn't actually cite another zone with a similar mechanic.
  2. alicard Elder

I just started doing progression for Gorowyn last night and started the Merc quests. I had two boxes and went to the NPC that gives the quest. Yep, you guessed it, the NPC is out in no-mans-land in skyfire which is dumb to begin with. As I was hailing the NPC with each character a fireball dropped and killed two of my three characters

I rezzed and went back and killed the red drake. Went to hail again and, you guessed it, a purple drake dropped a fireball killing the same two again.

I guess the third time was the charm because after rezzing I was able to finally get the quest. It is sooooo nice that he only offers one Merc quest at a time so I get to do this all over two more times. I will make sure to not drop auto follow next time so when one moves they all move out of the aura.

BTW my boxes are 115, but only TBL geared casters, so over 200k damage did kill them anyways. Yeah, I can't even imagine doing this from 105-110 proper level progression!!
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It's fixed internally. Might be the patch next week, not sure...
    alicard likes this.
  4. alicard Elder

Thanks for letting me know. I hope they do fix this.
  5. Belexes ForumQuester

That's your opinion...
  6. Whulfgar Augur

Why not just move once the decal shows up on the ground ?

Why not just kill the drakes instead of just standing there and letting them nuke you ?

Truly.. i hope thats not considered being elitist.. as they are as basic of questions as it gets.
    Szilent likes this.
  7. Tucoh Augur

Anyone who comes to this thread reporting a bug that makes content tremendously more difficult and tells the OP to "git gud" is probably so dense that they got absolutely murdered by drake fireballs in RoS, so now they just want everyone to feel their pain.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

Personally i cant help but feel. The 10 seconds before the nuke hits .. when the decal is on the ground..

And yall dont notice that giant decal..

And end up getting nuked..

This is literally a bug that is 100% avoidable of they simply kill the drake..
  9. enclee Augur

No one is arguing the existence of the drake or the fact that it is avoidable. The discussion is mobs designed for a 106-110 expansion T1 zone are using spell values from a 111-115 expansion. It's a bug. It's been addressed.
  10. alicard Elder

In my post you will see that I did move out of the way. The problem is I was trying to hail the NPC to get the quest so I moved my boxes to target the NPC and they were no longer on auto-follow. I didn't have time to move them before it hit. The placement of the NPC is against a rock with a bunch of mobs on the other open side, some of which see invis. I moved out of the way only to have my boxes get stuck in the rock and nuked to death again the second time.

So no, it isn't as simple as you put it.

I am glad this is being fixed. If I survive the first nuke I can kill him before the second.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

They scale up HA difficulty with level increases, raid task boss difficulty with level increases, why not drakes too?

This whole 'scale old content difficulty up with level increases' crap is getting pretty frickin old.

Higher difficulty. More risk. Reward stays the same. :confused:
    Daedly likes this.
  12. Whulfgar Augur

It is as simple as kill the drake before it decal's an nukes you again.

Once the drakes are engaged they do not do that huge AE.

Pretty simple. (Yes I know its a bug, and I agree it should never have been this way) however like I've said its a simple bug that is VERY EASILY AVOIDED ..

I am literally in this very zone right now on a 110 grp geared grp of toons (druid, warrior, zerker, zerker zerker zerker) an yeah that ripped my toons down fast with 1 nuke all but the warrior dead.

Went back in .. to the exact same spot .. waited for the drake to path back. Waited for it to decal my grp. I then agroed the mob an it nuked but I moved (an it took 6 seconds exactly for the nuke to go off after the decal hit the ground) Once I agroed the drake it never again did that nuke. I downed the drake then had 15 minutes to sit freely in the same exact spot until the next drake respawned.

I do not see why killing the drake is not a fundamentally sound strat for you .. so you do not get killed via the Orbit nuke, perhaps you could explain that to me ?
  13. alicard Elder

Easy to explain. There was no drake in the air when I first tried to hail the NPC. It came over after I was there. This was the first time I have ever hailed this NPC so how was I supposed to know one would come over later? Then my second attempt I killed the red drake before I hailed him. Then a purple drake that wasn't up there before roamed over and killed me. I tried to get out of the way and my boxes were stuck in the rock with horrible auto follow.

When I went to grab the other two merc quests later I made sure to kill BOTH drakes and there wasn't an issue. They should not path to a quest NPC to begin with since 99 times out of 100 quest NPC's are in safe locations.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  14. Whulfgar Augur

Good deal. And yes i am 100% with you on they shouldent path near npcs .. but just have to paay attention to surroundings bro.
  15. Raccoo Augur

Two years ago when I was in SF, I found a camp on the north side that didn't have any drakes pathing around it. I killed mobs there for at least a couple of hours, then went AFK for 15+ minutes. I came back to dead group. So it might take more than 5 minutes to find a camp where they do not eventually path to you. It might have also been that I was pulling the drake at another point in its path so I didn't realize it would eventually find me. I don't know, I don't use any programs to watch the path of mobs before I sit up camp. :p

Also annoying that they can target you with their AE without even being on agro. (And how they can target a rogue while SOS)
  16. Tanise Elder

Ok genius, am I supposed to pull the Vp medallion mob to a safe camp every spawn ?

Didnt think about that did you? No you were too busy stroking your ego and trying to play know it all.
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.
  17. Kolani Augur

Drakes will still nuke as long as they're in the air, engaging them doesn't mean they're going to path down to you immediately.
  18. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Heh, some people will be an apologist no matter what the fact are...in this case the facts regarding a clear bug.

But hey gais, the task\questing system is toni tiger GREAAAT ...let's hose exp across the board and all zones so everyone everywhere MUST level with progression.
  19. Whulfgar Augur

And as ive stated and any one can fact check by going there and testing it themselves.. once you engage the skydrakes. They no longer throw out the murder death kill nuke.. they simply and easily die.
  20. Prathun Developer

This will be addressed in the February update. Sorry for the extra flamey drake flames.