Feedback - Ballance

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Poyzen Frawg, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Poyzen Frawg Augur

So I know I suck as a player. That's what being old does to you. Slow reflexes and what not. I'm ok with that. But I don't understand how warriors are pulling 1.5 mil DPS parses and the BEST I can manage is in the 700K ish range. I thought "tanks" stood there and got beat on and DPS did all the killing. I thought that if the tank did not have help, the mob would take allot of time to die. If the DPS did not have a tank, they would suffer immeasurably.

Assuming there is balance and the rolls of the classes are calibrated, Should I be dishing out 1.5 mil or more DPS?
  2. Coronay Augur

Is this on a group mob? What weapons are you using and whats your group's aDPS set up look like? Disc order? Alliances?
  3. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Group MOB. Yellow Con. Bard/Shammy. No alliance.
    I follow my disc order as per advice given by other rogues.
  4. Coronay Augur

Prolly seeing parses that high because of the warrior hitting rampage with discs and aDPS going. Skewing the parse.
  5. Szilent Augur

warrior discs take 15 minutes to refresh. If you're not looking at (at least) 15 minutes of battling, and especially if you're looking at a single battle of lower duration than warriors' one good disc, then you're not juxtaposing the classes fairly. It's possible their character is more developed than yours, but it's more likely you're cherry picking data that looks real bad for you. Rog primary discs last two minutes instead of 30s, and y'all have 10 minutes worth of discs with 10 minutes or less cool down time.
  6. Derka Power Ranger

Yeah a well timed Rampage is awesome but it's not an every fight ability. If you line up some of your heavy hitters with that Shaman epic you could definitely give that warrior a run on DPS. What Szilent said also about parsing the bigger picture
  7. Izzard of Bertox Augur

interesting stuff. :)

I only parse on raids but the data is there buried in my hard-drive. Warriors and SKs can hit some HUGE numbers with those 2Hers... but its very short lived.
  8. Belkar_OotS Augur

A warrior running dps discs with shaman and bard for support will look pretty dang great because most of their dps comes from autoattack instead of skills attacks (aka backstab) when using a 2 hand weapon or dual wielding.

Tanks also get a bit of a boost from riposte damage and a little extra time on mobs for engaging first etc. So yes warriors and tanks actually look quite good on group mobs especially if you cherry pick mobs that they burn on. That said tank sustained dps with a bard shaman will be pretty decent.

Now remember, tanks in dps mode are not running defensive so are taking more damage, removing potential damage from healers having to heal more. Also remember that warriors get essentially 1 minute of burns with both of their dps discs with 15 to 20 minute reuse times.

Any dps class that is pushing hard and cycling burns will burn 2-4x more often and will potentially burn for higher (though not always depending on class) than the tank. Your sustained and burst as a rogue are both higher and more frequent. Any fight is less than 30s will be hugely distorted by RNG.

Conclusion. Yes they are balanced and your class will be doing well this expansion. Warriors and tanks are a bit higher dps wise than they have historically been, but they still won't compete with any of the proper dps that are similarly geared, AA, and skilled.
    Derka likes this.
  9. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Thank you all for the feedback.