Drake Fireball -- DieFire Mountains

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by zarcal, Dec 24, 2019.

1. zarcal Elder

Did the Roaming Drakes in Skyfire get an inadvertent boost with one of the patches recently?

Allah's says unresistable 120,000 damage and in the past i was able to survive if it happened and i got lucky but the last couple of days it has been 180,000+ and wiping mercs and silkies in one shot.

Anyhow, if it is a bug thought i'd let you know. If you now need 200K HP to do Tier 1 AoS then that just stinks.
    PCSS and Duder like this.
  2. Tucoh Augur

200k sounds way too high, sounds like a bug.
    PCSS likes this.
  3. zarcal Elder

Adding this so maybe the Devs will see it. I notice on Allah's it also says

"Spell scales to Max Level" so when Max went to 115, this went to 180k. This can't be intended can it? So 2 years from now when Max is 125, these drakes will be doing 250K damage and level appropriate advancement cannot be done any longer?

I have to stop now as 180k is just a bit too much...

Thanks
    Duder likes this.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

This is ridiculous and needs to be fixed.

[Mon Feb 03 09:39:52 2020] a skyfire drake hit you for 191164 points of unresistable damage by Drake Fireball.

[Mon Feb 03 09:39:52 2020] a skyfire drake hit Buddybard for 200414 points of unresistable damage by Drake Fireball.

[Mon Feb 03 09:39:52 2020] a skyfire drake hit Biemia for 194248 points of unresistable damage by Drake Fireball.

Stop trying to make old content current content. The XP doesn't justify the damage output / risk. Old content is great for going back and getting ACH with small groups or molo during off hours. It doesn't need to be changed.

Besides, that bard is 105. It is current content and no amount of gear or AA makes the zone usable for groups that level. Drake Fireball is currently a death touch for anyone who is of a level that should be able to play the zone as current content.
    PCSS, kizant and Duder like this.
  5. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

Maybe, just maybe find the camps throughout the zone where the drakes don't actually path… there are quite a few if you bother to scout.
  6. Vumad Cape Wearer

It's a shame that you do not realize how incredibly negative, unhelpful and downright ignorant your statement is.

This occurred while passing from two of the dragon skulls during SFM partisan #3. This is not a static camp incident. I even mentioned ACH in my post which was clearly ignored. There are plenty of instances when working on partisan / hunter where camping with drakes is unavoidable.

I was avoiding drakes, but one of the see invis elevated dive bombers jumped me, so naturally I just killed it. Its my own fault for eating the aura, except it's not because a T1 ROS zone being able to drop a fully buffed T1 ToV 114 mage from 100% to 8% in a single hit from a trash was nothing less than unexpected and should be considered nothing less than a bug.

Now I know that even at 115 I have to dodge this near-death-touch auras so it will be a non-issue going forward.

However as a supporter of lower level returning players, having a T1 ROS zone with AE death touches from trash mobs (that's what it is at 106 with EoK gear) is absolutely asinine, but not so much as justifying it.
    Mukkul, PCSS, svann and 3 others like this.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Or maybe it is a stupid mechanic that was always stupid, but at least it wasn't instant death before. It did 3/4 as much damage at MOST prior to ToV release.

200k is as much hp as a fully ToV t1 geared level 111 with auto grant aa and decent augs.
    PCSS, Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Vumad like this.
  8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

The thought was that this spell is one used in a scaling mission, and is set to scale with max level, hence is doing more damage since 115 than it was meant to at 110.

But is that really true? Spell data says something about max 62.5%. Is it just set to land for a % of your current max HP?
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

No. That bard that got hit for 200414 only has about 105k HP. I'm over 300k and it dropped me into the 30s.

I believe the varied amounts of damage came from residual spell guards. The subsequent hits (not posted) were much lower because I hit glyph spray and Legion.

Scaling missions is wrong regardless (In my opinion). 115 characters should not be struggling to get into VP. Old content is already hard because people don't really want to do it anymore (lack of reward). It doesn't need to be made level appropriate unless the benefits are also scaled, which the loot and XP is not 115 appropriate.
    PCSS, Daedly, Marton and 1 other person like this.
  10. GoneFission Augur

I agree. Scaling these mobs and missions just removes content from playability. Maybe it will get fixed when TLP players get one-shotted x4 trying to get port spells.
    PCSS and FubarEQ like this.
  11. smash Augur

Maybe post this in bugs as well ? Then it will more likely draw the attention of a dev
    PCSS and FubarEQ like this.
  12. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

No, its a shame that you cant be bothered to spend a whole 5 minutes scouting for safe spots in a zone. There are at least 20 spots in that zone where drakes come no where close. Put some effort into life instead of demanding easy stuff.
  13. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

This was and still is an awful mechanic to give to mobs which roam around the entire zone. If it was limited to a specific section of the zone, like say around Veeshan's Peak, then that would be at least an understandable danger.
    I spent hours going around the zone, and found maybe 4 places where it never happened at, and most of them were zone in areas. As long as there are drakes in the sky it can happen. There is a reason why people avoided the new Skyfire as much as possible.
  14. Sindace Elder

Less than helpful 666, but you knew that already, didn't ya? Telling someone to find a better camp in a zone no one exps in rather than addressing the actual issue is about as helpful as me telling you to go play in traffic. Sure it may make one of us feel better/superior/whatever but ends up contributing nothing all the same.

This issue is legit. Also, larger than Skyfire. Per past forum threads- expansions weren't supposed to outlevel the max level at the time of the expansion. So Skyfire should not be using spells that scale to 115. It doesn't affect me personally, being done with this terrible zone, but the fact that it exists, is spelled out in spell info, and nothing is done about it isn't right.
  15. Morigaine Elder

Have to agree that this comment is pretty ridiculous. Finding said camps is certainly not conducive to returning players who are working through progression and may not be fully geared yet. The progression quests don't exactly let you go hide in a corner and pull mobs across the zone to not get 1 shotted . For the record, the post that references this is the bug forum was dev confirmed to be a bug, so to stand on the podium saying late coming players to the zone should have to endure a bug and dance through inane hoops to do basic progression is just foolish. You had to endure health spikes when you did this zone, not full blown scaled 1 shots.

This zone is awful when it was working as intended. Scaled and broken would be unbearable if done at the appropriate levels and gearing.
    PCSS, enclee, Duder and 2 others like this.
  16. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

It doesn't matter how many safe spots you can "scout for". Those drakes are damn near unavoidable on an unlucky day, and if it's a DT to someone, it's that much more frustrating to get tasks done.

Take a hike dude, nobody needs/wants your negative feedback.
    Raccoo, Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and enclee like this.
  17. Belexes ForumQuester

It might be too high of damage, but you can play in this zone without ever getting targeted.

There are many (more than 4 spots) places to camp where you never see a drake target you. I have been camping named in this zone and never have been targeted.

Hint... mobs don't look up and levitation is your friend. Even if you are on the ground without lev, there are many places to camp where you won't get targeted. Many...

Know your zone if you are gonna adventure in it. This zone is cake if you take the time to learn it.

If you expect every zone to be as safe as PoK, then stick to those zones. :) It would be boring if you can just waltz through and set up anywhere to camp, with no thought to strategy or planning. There are plenty of zones you can do that in.
    PCSS likes this.
  18. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Show me another zone besides Plane of Fear where you should reasonably expect to be DT'd at almost any given time. Your response is trite and cynical.
    PCSS and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  19. Belexes ForumQuester

Really? I offer tips on how to deal with the zone? Did you read my post? I said the damage is likely too high.

Your response to my post sounds like your reading ability is compromised and you don't like truths.

Some of you people just live to complain, don't you? Instead of learning something or trying to do something different, you would rather complain.

You don't think a little effort should go into learning how to navigate and play in a zone??? You think all zones should have the same strategy?

I posted tips about playing in the zone so you don't get hit with that overpowered drake spell. I would hate to see people stay out of a zone just because of that, so tried to help.

Don't be so eager to shiite on someone's post with your negativity that you miss reading things in it.

Again...like I said in my earlier post. I think the damage is a bit too high.

Other than that, the zone is fine.
  20. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Those statements belittle the OP's point. Hey, good on you that you managed to find a couple of corners or something where the drakes don't hit you, but its unhelpful. Yea, sure, you threw the OP a bone with "maybe the damage is a little high," but the latter half of your post isn't particularly helpful and comes across as unnecessarily elitist.
    PCSS likes this.