Guild Roster Promotion abiltiy

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Helena, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Helena New Member

When you have a guild and you give a rank in the guild the ability to promote and demote it seems they can promote someone up to their own level but only demote people below their rank level.

Wouldn't it make sense that you can only promote to just below your rank as well as demote only below your rank? Doesn't make sense you can promote to your own rank.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

I think it's where it should be.
    You can promote someone else to join you, you might need the guild leader to demote them later depending on ranks.

I think being able to promote is good, how often do you want to demote them?
    I'm assuming leadership does not change often in most guilds like in ours.
    If you accidentally promote someone, I can't see it being critical to fix right now and you can wait for the GL to wake up.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

It does make sense that while a guild leader may want to promote someone to an officer rank and have the ability to promote members through member ranks they may not want them able to create officers too.
    Shanarias likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

On the other hand if the guild leader goes AWOL it is nice that the guild can carry on. Would be nice if the guild leader had the ability to promote other members to guild leader to a max of 6 as was possible in the past with GM intervention.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

If you set up the ranks properly there shouldn't be any problem with the guild continuing with most if not all functionality.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

As it is now the only thing that cant be done is remove someone from the guild.

Changing things so you cannot promote to your level could cause issues if a guild leader is AWOL and the guild needs more officers.
  7. Knighted Journeyman

If one could promote higher, they could ladder characters and take over the guild, so it is good that is out.

If one could not promote to the same level, there would be no way to change the guild leader.

Being able to promote to the same level also allows officers to deputize other guild members to invite players at a remote location.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm often getting tells from members to invite their box, I often change the permissions and tell them to do it themselves, then change them back as soon as the box is invited. :)